Xbox 360 top selling console in UK in 2006

Reading it more carefully, I think it's saying XB360 was the number one seller this week (all hardware) and the second highest selling hardware of 2006.

Shifty Geezer said:
Reading it more carefully, I think it's saying XB360 was the number one seller this week (all hardware) and the second highest selling hardware of 2006.
Reading it doubly carefully I think it's saying 360 grabbed the #1 software sales spot this week(doa4), and HW sales jumped 100%, making it 2nd for 06 behind PSP, it never actually mentions anything with regards to hardware rankings for this week.

scooby_dooby said:
Reading it doubly carefully I think it's saying 360 grabbed the #1 software sales spot this week(doa4), and HW sales jumped 100%, making it 2nd for 06 behind PSP, it never actually mentions anything with regards to hardware rankings for this week.
This week on the charts DoA4 is #6 (everything above it is multi-platform though):
After last week’s pit stop at No2 ‘Need for Speed: Most Wanted’ returns to the top of the All Formats Entertainment Top 40, overtaking Microsoft’s Xbox 360 champion ‘Dead or Alive 4’ which is knocked down to No6 (sales down 54% over last week).

So how old is this news?

Nicked said:
This week on the charts DoA4 is #6 (everything above it is multi-platform though)

Microsoft scored its first all formats number one as Dead Or Alive 4 on Xbox 360 hit the top spot after its first weekend at UK retail.

The way it's worded it sounds as if DOA4 hit top-spot(#1) all formats this weekend. It definately is not talking about 360 hardware until the next sentance.

Mordenkainen said:
Are people (in the EU) still having trouble finding xbox 360s? Today I saw nine on a store's floor (the HDD/Premium variety).
The Premium package is backordered by as much as a month in Scandinavia. Core seems to be readily available and the HD upgrade is there if you look around a little.

Nicked said:
Thats the exact same info. as in this thread - it didn't, but software sold fantastically.
Bobbler said:
The article states (if you read the quote in the original post, even) that it is "the second biggest-seller of 2006 after PSP."

Sorry lol, long day. ;x
dont mind me :LOL:

Well i'm in London (duh!) and i can only find Core systems, which i will NEVER even consider buying.

What i noticed though was that the 2 consoles not doing too well in Japan (360 and PSP) are doing VERY well in the UK and other territories. I've been [ ] this close to buying one of them for a while, only to go back to my normal self and putting the credit card back. really really can't afford things like this at the moment. My HDTV is screaming for some 360 HD gaming though. Maybe the flatmate will take care of that... :D

Funny, but here it's the Premium package that's readily available in many places (it's the white box with swirls, isn't it?).

They've been in piles of fives or so in three or four shops I've visited recently, and they're not just empty boxes for display to lure buyers into preodering (backordering?). I've checked them closer and they are sealed and heavy enough to contain the xbox360.
I haven't asked the store staffs however, if they indeed are the real deal, but as they were labelled for price and all I don't see reason to doubt.

They've been there since few weeks, beginning of this year I think. Either those stores are really getting a good constant supply of Premium packages (which would be odd considering the reported shortages everywhere else) or they just don't shift.

They're PAL models, and region 2. I could sell them for EU markets but I don't think I bother. Besides they're not sold at that high a price on eBay to make it worth it.
I see them being sold as low as $330 and generally just over $400 for the basic Premium package (no bundled games).
Isn't the RRP of xbox360 $399 in US?

rabidrabbit said:
They've been there since few weeks, beginning of this year I think. Either those stores are really getting a good constant supply of Premium packages (which would be odd considering the reported shortages everywhere else) or they just don't shift.

There is an uneven distribution amongst retailers, definitely, and perhaps even between regions. My local GAME gets the largest supply in the entire country (ireland), apparently. A less than scrupulous trader could perhaps take advantage (not that I'm suggesting that ;)).

Back