Xbox 360 in Comet UK

Tahir2

Veteran
Supporter
You guys might know this already but I went into Comet today (Derby Kingsway Store) and there they had an Xbox360 playing some videos.

The unit was hooked up correctly to a Samsung 26" LCD screen and the display looked mint. Even my missus was impressed (I think she was more impressed by the Samsung display than anything else).

The Xbox360 is a pretty big unit, but it didn't look as ugly as I imagined from screenshots. The pads reminded me of Dreamcast but since the display was playing an interactive video I can't really comment on it other than it the A and B button worked flawlessly ;)

I was about to buy a DVD player but after seeing the Xbox360 I might instead opt for one of those. I must say I was pretty impressed by the fact that the Xbox360 had appeared in the UK already without much fuss.

Yeah i guess demo units have already been deployed throughout Europe. Been to Hamburg, Germany last week and found five demo kiosks in a Saturn store there.

They're everywhere now. Played some CoD2 in a Game store here in Sheffield. The Samsung display had brightness set way too high and everything looked seriously washed out.

Looked like total ass, but nobody seemed to mind. The demo wasn't the 60fps minimum bastion of next-gen console gaming that I was naively expecting, either. Still definitely getting one, though, and one of the controllers for my PC. That part of the demo kiosk rocked.

Yeah, HMV on Oxford Street had 3 , though one broken. Quite a few people round them. Also popped into the Dixons near by and they had one as well with no one on it at all so got a chance to have a quick play with Kameo which is very cute. Controller seems a bit small to me, but I've still got my original xbox controllers and they feel just right.

I would check the major electronics stores rather than Game or Gamestation etc. Dixons, Comet et al are the places to go.

Back