x800 texture shimmering: FarCry video

radar1200gs said:
Like you have any reason to talk given the content of most of your recent posts.
:rolleyes:

right. Because all my claims havne't been back up by facts and other people

This farcry videos problems were explained on this very page.

hardocp , toms , extreme tech all say they don't see image problems .

All of which i have been saying .

Yet some how my recent posts paint me as a fan boy.

If i told you that diet pepsi was better for ya then regular coke (which is factualy correct) would that make me a pepsi fan boy

kittenssave.jpg

jvd said:
Well when i see that Extremetech didn't even recognize the issues or look at the bug list with 61.11, i wonder if i can trust them. As for [H], i don't think it's for them an issue, because that's not really their way of testing. For THG, i don't know, but well it's THG, i don't go @ THG for quality guide.

Moreover, most reviewers don't stay in front of the card being tested, they launch the process, and then look at the result. Finally they have a bunch of SS which makes them compare the IQ. They doesn't bother to look at the differencies side by side or bench after bench. Moreover on launch product where time is very limited.

It does seem that the IQ is almost always as good as trilinear apart from special situation as shown in the 2 videos of this thread.

It does seem that the IQ is almost always as good as trilinear apart from special situation as shown in the 2 videos of this thread.
read the page before this and see what the other member has to say about the problem. It seems like this is with the engine and not the ati card .

as for the sites can i disregard what all the sites that say there is a problem just because i don't like them ?

jvd said:
read the page before this and see what the other member has to say about the problem. It seems like this is with the engine and not the ati card .

as for the sites can i disregard what all the sites that say there is a problem just because i don't like them ?
Well, i didn't find any conclusive information from people. I see an issue on X800 and not on 9700, so i don't see how it can be cause by the engine.

As for the sites, well if you don't disregard what sites say when they are untrustful, then i'm :oops:

Evildeus said:
jvd said:

Well, i didn't find any conclusive information from people. I see an issue on X800 and not on 9700, so i don't see how it can be cause by the engine.

As for the sites, well if you don't disregard what sites say when they are untrustful, then i'm :oops:

well if u look at the 9700pro video it happens almost as much on the x800xt and considering the diffrences in aproach it could be as little as that making the diffrence.

As for the sites . Every site has messed up at one point (except this one) so if i look back i'm sure that even the sites claiming they see a problem will be discredited by something .

Unless you can attach a capture device directly to a VGA outlet and capture that way instead of relying of FRAPS etc, you won't really be able to see what the end user sees in the movies.

One way that might work would be TV output recorded onto a DVD recorder.

radar1200gs said:
Unless you can attach a capture device directly to a VGA outlet and capture that way instead of relying of FRAPS etc, you won't really be able to see what the end user sees in the movies.

One way that might work would be TV output recorded onto a DVD recorder.
yes radar but i own a x800pro (Two of them actually , both my little sisters have bought one) and i don't see any image problems.

radar1200gs said:
You haven't, others say that have. Who is fibbing and who isn't?
dunno , but how many actually have one and how many are lieing about that ? there are even sites that agree with me .

so far none of the sites that i know have shown image quality problems in game .

I have not seen them either. As i said the farcry videos the user posted seem to happen on all cards as its an engine bug . The 9700pro show almost the same shimmering and is on a diffrent aproach path.

I know u want this to be a huge deal. But it isn't

it looks better than nvidia's version looks at this point in time and its light years ahead of the orginal bilinear problems .

You would think in the last year there would be tons of complaints about image quality on the 9600s .

Yes, you are right. Silly me. Only nVidia's lies and deceptions need analysis and criticism.

The ATi faithful (sheep) know very well that their exulted leader can do no wrong... :rolleyes:

radar1200gs said:
Yes, you are right. Silly me. Only nVidia's lies and deceptions need analysis and criticism.

The ATi faithful (sheep) know very well that their exulted leader can do no wrong... :rolleyes:

right.

Your right.

I mean after all you can see ati's image quality problems just by taking a screen shot.... oh wait u can't .... but u could at the start of nvidias fiasco.

Tell u what if you can take a pic that looks as bad as the first brilinear pics of nvidia on an ati card i will personaly tell people not the buy the card .

jvd said:
This farcry videos problems were explained on this very page.

They were? Not really. If what Mr.Travis was saying were truly the cause of the shimmering, there shouldn't be any difference between the x800 and the 9700.

On the other hands, I'm going to test these new registry settings this evening. And I'm pretty sure that the shimmering will vanish. Which will just prove that those optimizations are visible.

I'm just happy that they can be disabled.

In the end, I just don't understand why anyone who prefers a different brand suddenly becomes the enemy, a normal civilized discussions seems to be almost impossible. Very sad.

They were? Not really. If what Mr.Travis was saying were truly the cause of the shimmering, there shouldn't be any difference between the x800 and the 9700.

perhaps if you recoreded a loop and used it on both and they were the exact same aproaches we can see if its more or the same.

davepermen said:
this means a simple thing:
this thing exists yet. nobody have ever noted, and ever got hurt by it. the claim ati is cheating with lower quality thus got.. well.. taken from hot air. else people would have complained right from the first time it was implemented.

nobody got hurt till one could show "there possibly is something". from this point on, people started to search prove in tons of forms, to validate there is something.

brilinear on the other hand, was obvious the first time you started a game with new drivers.

I was thinking more along the driverheaven accusation of the 6800 in 3dmark03 recently that proved to be nothing, yet that seemed to be far more accepted here than this issue, until Microsoft chimed in.

The brilinear issue I agree is far mroe serious in regards to IQ than this, but ATi marketing have been very bullish on Ati's holier than though use of trilinear filtering, so if their trylinear does degrade the image even a small amount then they need to be told so they can fine tune.

There are always e too many Squealer the pigs around when it comes to ATi in my view.

Back