x360 launch date and line up

jvd

Banned
Well ign is reporting that eb has confirmed nov 2 as a launch date and these are the titles its claiming are launch titles

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/641/641086p1.html
Amped 3 (2K Games)
Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
Condemned (Sega)
Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)
Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)
Full Auto (Sega)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Gun (Activision)
Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)
Madden NFL 06 (EA)
NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
The Outfit (THQ)
Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)
Quake 4 (Activision)
Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
Saints Row (THQ)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
Top Spin 2 (2K Games

Looks to me like its a pretty strong launch line up . Also the fact that its coming out in nov 2 here gives me hope that it will hit europe by the end of the month (btw this is what we have in the pc at gamestop)

I don't think we are going to get that many day 1. P. Moore said in his spoong interview that it would likely be 10-15 titles day 1, and this list likely includes both day 1 titles and first wave releases within a couple weeks of the launch. It is a pretty nice line-up though, and I'm looking foward to seeing how the 360 launch plays out.

i dunno the pcs at work have the date of the 1st for all of these (day they ship to us )

So it may be correct .

More titles could have been finished for launch then they were epxecting . Perhaps some had better transitions to beta kits than they thought they would

the original hope has always been a launch day target of 20 games.

Nov 2nd would be sweet.

One question, where's NBA LIVE 06?

make that 2 questions:

Perfect Dark LE?

oh and from the link ;)

Xbox 360 second wave launch titles, which EB has scheduled for November 16, include the majority of Electronic Arts' games:
Burnout Revenge

FIFA Soccer 06

Peter Jackson's King Kong

NBA Live 06

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Namco's Frame City Killer is listed as releasing November 19, 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to Amped 3. Didn't really like Amped 2 but the first one was a really good game imo.

jvd said:
Well ign is reporting that eb has confirmed nov 2 as a launch date and these are the titles its claiming are launch titles

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/641/641086p1.html
Amped 3 (2K Games)
Condemned (Sega)
Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
Full Auto (Sega)
Gun (Activision)
Madden NFL 06 (EA)
NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
The Outfit (THQ)
Quake 4 (Activision)
Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
Saints Row (THQ)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
Top Spin 2 (2K Games

Looks to me like its a pretty strong launch line up . Also the fact that its coming out in nov 2 here gives me hope that it will hit europe by the end of the month (btw this is what we have in the pc at gamestop)
Have you moved to Europe? Where?

Of the launch games, I would buy
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Project Gotham Racing 3

And depending how they turn out to be.
Perfect Dark LE
Ridge Racer 6

It's a solid launch lline-up, pretty much covers the genres for various tastes.

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but fifteen out of 21 titles are sequels. Sixteen, if you count Kameo in case that one plays like ye typical rare collectathon nintendo ripoff. ;)

It's a sign of the times I guess, and likely (at least) as many titles for sony's and nintendo's launch lineups will be sequels too.

I remember the SNES launch here in sweden... Four titles! And I don't think they released any new ones for at least a month either... Oh, those were the days! :D (And actually, out of those four, at least two were sequels so maybe this isn't such a new trend after all. :LOL: )

Call of Duty 2 (Activision) (most def)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda) (most def)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (most def)
Gun (Activision) (maybe)
Madden NFL 06 (EA) (most def)
Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft) (maybe)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft) (maybe)
Ridge Racer 6 (Namco) (most def)

There are some very tough decisions there.

I'm going to have to get:

Dead or Alive 4
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I'll get Quake IV and Amped 3 when I can afford it. :)

as someone said above, Perfect Dark LE?!

say what now? wonder what that's all about...

Apart from the fact that there's an awful lot of sequels, microsoft does seem to have pulled through on their intention to not have another xbox style launch where there were very few worthwhile games for quite some time - there's something for most tastes in there.

I'm pretty sure there may be one or two suprises left up their sleeve too, so the list may not be complete.

I think i'm going to have to get oblivion even though RPGs aren't really my thing - it's just looking too beautiful to miss out on

Damn that's quite the launch...

Madden NFL 06 (EA)
NHL 2K6 (2K Games)

Jeez..I'm gonna have to prune that list depending on reviews..

rusty said:

Limited Edition?

There was some site reporting on a Perfect Dark Zero: Black Edition which will come in a metallic black case and include a making-of DVD, PDZ comics, and some other stuff.

well yeah, that's about the only thing i could imagine it being, but shouldn't that then be Perfect Dark Zero LE?

They should package the original game in with it too, that'd be fun seeing as my n64 broke ages ago!

*Day 1 Buys

*Others of Interest/maybe buys later
Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
Full Auto (Sega)
Saints Row (THQ)

I would love to pick up GR3, but I hated the direction they took GR2. GR1 was one of my favorite games both on the PC and xbox. So I doubt I'll pick it up. From what I read the Amped series is getting a make over in the wrong direction too. I really enjoyed Amped1 and 2 (1 was better) but a while back there was and article about the amped3 and it sounded like there would powerups and stuff while playing and SSX type of 'cool' over the top characters and such. I guess they're saving me $50 by ruining the game.

notwithstanding the GoW footage... CoD2 seems like its the must have title at launch and to me most visually impressive game of the next generation so far.

Have you moved to Europe? Where?
no my cousin lives in italy though so we are going to be able to play over live quickly

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but fifteen out of 21 titles are sequels. Sixteen, if you count Kameo in case that one plays like ye typical rare collectathon nintendo ripoff

Its still the best launch day line up i've ever seen .

I remember the SNES launch here in sweden... Four titles! And I don't think they released any new ones for at least a month either... Oh, those were the days! (And actually, out of those four, at least two were sequels so maybe this isn't such a new trend after all. )

Yup and just think sweden wasn't the first place that launched . There was japan and n.a before it . Just look at all that japanese launches . That is what this equals . The first market the system is out for .

dunno prob just a more expensive version with a few free months of live and an art book or something done. Mabye a demo of gow or halo 3

Jeez..I'm gonna have to prune that list depending on reviews..

Same but just do what i'm doing . I'm putting down money on everything . I have the system and 2 games payed off . Prob have another 2 games payed off and then i'm going to save to buy controllers / battery packs on launch day since we aren't reserving them

I'll be picking these up for sure:

Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
Full Auto (Sega)
Ridge Racer 6 (Namco) *Maybe*
Saints Row (THQ) *Maybe*

That's more than the price of the system in just games :eek:

Back