Wow. I actually agree with Bush..... The Horror.

Natoma

Veteran
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4347250/

Dubya said:
“The other party’s nomination battle is still playing out. The candidates are an interesting group with diverse opinions,†Bush said. “They’re for tax cuts and against them. They’re for NAFTA and against NAFTA. They’re for the Patriot Act and against the Patriot Act. They’re in favor of liberating Iraq,and opposed to it. And that’s just one senator from Massachusetts.†His supportive audience erupted in laughter and applause.

Precisely why I can't support Kerry in any way shape or form, even if it is to oust Bush. Flip flopper supreme.

Natoma - 02/14/2003 said:
The only reason Kerry has been winning is because of the fact that people are voting with the herd. I didn't like Kerry all last year, and frankly neither did roughly 90-95% of democratic voters. All of a sudden he's wracking up double digit percentage wins? Why? Herd voting.

We're nowhere close to having a final winner yet. You need roughly 2100 delegates to win the nomination, and Kerry has 500, with Dean and Edwards around 170 each. It's far from over fbg1.

I care whether Kerry has contradicted himself, but then, maybe that's why I've flirted with Independent status as opposed to remaining a Democrat. Because I care about voting record, and the stances on issues, rather than what is the dish of the day. I find it highly hypocritical that Kerry voted with Bush on No Child Left Behind. Voted with Bush on the Iraq war. And now he's demonizing Bush for those very issues? Stomach churning hypocrisy is what I say. My boyfriend barely convinced me to keep my democratic registration early last year when it seemed that the nomination was going to be a coronation for John Kerry or Joe Lieberman or Dick Gephardt, establishment democrats who didn't have a spine. Then Howard Dean came along and voiced the concerns of much of the party, revitilizing us. And now, Kerry is all of a sudden winning because people think his Vietnam record will be a cureall on the national stage.

The republicans are going to have a field day with his voting record. And frankly I can't say I care if they do. Four years of Kerry would be almost as bad as four more years of Bush imo. At least with Bush you know what you get, no matter how much you despise it. With Kerry, pfft.

Edwards is the only democrat left that I believe can win the whole thing who I trust and have faith in. If he doesn't win the nomination, this is yet another voter who will leave the democratic party. The party has lost millions of people over the years to independent status for one reason and one reason alone. No one seems to stand for anything. Dean, for all his flaws, brought a spine to the party and held it firm. Edwards is the candidate imo that softens the edges of Dean's blunt style, and agitates for unity, while maintaining a consistency to his message.

Kerry? Unprincipled.

What I hate even worse are the diatribes Kerry is now using against John Ashcroft and the Patriot Act. He rails against the Patriot Act and how Ashcroft is using it to curtail our rights as citizens of the United States, and yet he conveniently forgets how he voted for it in 2001. :rolleyes:

His explanation? I voted to protect america, not to give Ashcroft the right to run roughshod over our citizens. Well you dumb fuck, Ashcroft is only exercising the powers given to him in the Patriot Act, by you, Senator John Kerry.

He voted for the Iraq war, and now rails against Bush by saying that he voted for the "process" to go to war, not for Bush to "go it alone." Well you dumb fuck, you gave Bush a blank check to do whatever the hell he pleased. Not that he needed it, but Kerry gave it to him anyway as a show of "solidarity." :rolleyes:

What hurts me most is people like my mother. I had a conversation with her the other day regarding the democratic nomination process, where she told me she was voting for Kerry. When I asked her why, she says she likes his stances on different subjects. Little did she know that his voting record and his on record quotes said otherwise. She was only reading what Kerry was saying today, during the primary season. When I informed her of his record, she said "Oh wow, I didn't know. Well, what about Edwards?"

So many herd voters who simply don't pay attention when it matters most. Gah!

As a Bush supporter, the only thing that worries me, is that the Democratic Primary isn't over. I would much rather have Kerry face Bush, because Kerry is just so much easier to discredit. ;) So I just hope the Bush campaign isn't gunning a little too soon...

Kerry is the worst thing to happen to the democratic party in this election season. He's going to get crucified, pun intended with tomorrow's movie event. I'll leave it at that.

Natoma said:
Dean, for all his flaws, brought a spine to the party and held it firm.

I agree with you. While I think Dean would actually be the WORST person we could put in office, I at least could not really call into question his "authenticity." I believe he really meant what he said...as misguided as I think his belifs are.

Edwards is the candidate imo that softens the edges of Dean's blunt style, and agitates for unity, while maintaining a consistency to his message.

I actually have no idea what Edwards' message is. The media's too busy fawning over (first) Dean (for his rants), then Kerry (because he beat Dean).

Kerry? Unprincipled.

Poster child Politician, indeed.

Edwards in every primary/caucus that has allowed independents and republican voters, has drawn a large portion of both, as well as democrats. That's not really detailed in terms of what he's bringing to the table, but it should give you an idea of who he is as a politician and a candidate. His positions are also very well laid out, thoughtful, and detailed. As I said before, Edwards is the only politician I can say that I really trust, who has a shot at winning the presidency. Can't say I've ever stated that about someone in his position at this point.

Unfortunately it looks like he's not going to get the nomination. Independent status here I come. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what to think of Edwards bringing in lots of independant and republicans in the primaries.

It may just be those people are attempting to get the democratic candidate they like the best, but when it comes to the November election, they'll still vote Bush.

RussSchultz said:
I'm not sure what to think of Edwards bringing in lots of independant and republicans in the primaries.

It may just be those people are attempting to get the democratic candidate they like the best, but when it comes to the November election, they'll still vote Bush.

Maybe. But there are a lot of disaffected fiscal conservatives who define themselves as republican who are voting for Edwards as well. The diehard republicans will vote for Bush, just as diehard democrats will vote for whoever is the nominee. But the moderates in each party, as well as independents, are up for grabs. The presidential winner must be able to grab a significant chunk of moderates and independents to break the estimated 40/40 diehards.

Hell I flirted with voting for Bush in 2000 before I found out a little more about his stances on certain issues, and his visit to Bob Jones University. ;)

Joe DeFuria said:
As a Bush supporter, the only thing that worries me, is that the Democratic Primary isn't over. I would much rather have Kerry face Bush, because Kerry is just so much easier to discredit. ;) So I just hope the Bush campaign isn't gunning a little too soon...

My fundie friend at work feels the same way. Let the mud-slinging begin!! :devilish:

Back