Witcher 2

Yes I plan to put one on my dresser. But I'll have to put it away whenever I have a ladyfriend over. Although I hear Geralt likes to watch...

:LOL:

It's already on Steam for preorder and cheaper than Amazon (lacks obvious boxed stuff)!

Can't wait to find out how it plays on Cayman :devilish:!

That's pretty cool. But I'll be purchasing from Steam since I don't want to juggle multiple services and I already have a bazillion games on Steam.

It's DRM free, so there would be no services as such to juggle. And you get a classic RPG thrown in for good measure. What's not to like?

(Plus, Europeans get a $16/$6 store credit bonus at GoG.)

Didn't know about the GoG's offer so pre-ordered my copy from Steam. I may have ended up with Steam either way.

I think this is my first pre-order of a computer game since Betrayal in Antara. I hope things pan out little better this time.

Like with first Witcher they continue their tradition of giving true CE packages packed with splendid, useful, fun material and not just random garbage. Probably the best CE I've ever seen, even topping the CE for first Witcher game.

CD Project Red defines PC gaming and stands for pure quality. They set the bar and you need 2 mile long legs to jump over it. I expect GSC Gameworld to be up there to aswell as Blue Byte and some other PC devs with their quality. Perhaps Crytek reaches that level to.. someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol we wouldn't be so excited about The Witcher 2 if we thought The Witcher was only worth 20 bucks.

Now Witcher 2 only needs a demo. After that there will be no excuse for pirates.

There will always be the people who will pirate, mainly those in Southeast Asia and similar poor regions and the people who will try it before purchasing. The publishers just use the number of torrents they see multiplied by the game's MSRP to come up with lost sales, which is absurd on many levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will always be the people who will pirate, mainly those in Southeast Asia and similar poor regions and the people who will try it before purchasing. The publishers just use the number of torrents they see multiplied by the game's MSRP to come up with lost sales, which is absurd on many levels.

No really as it matches quite well what I see everyday in real life. As well as the last few gamecon PC LAN gaming I've participated in. Sample size is only a few thousand gamers, so still small. But does serve to lend credence to the numbers that publishers are projecting.

And poor has nothing to do with it. I know people that make over 100k a year that still pirate. It's become so much the norm. that my cousin in Japan when trying to start a graphics design business was asking me to get a pirated copy of Adobe CS even though her dad buys her whatever she wants and makes roughly half a million USD a year.

She didn't even realize it was actually "wrong" because everyone she knows does it. /sigh. Good thing she came to me before actually starting a business using pirated software.

Regards,
SB

And poor has nothing to do with it. I know people that make over 100k a year that still pirate. It's become so much the norm. that my cousin in Japan when trying to start a graphics design business was asking me to get a pirated copy of Adobe CS even though her dad buys her whatever she wants and makes roughly half a million USD a year.

She didn't even realize it was actually "wrong" because everyone she knows does it. /sigh. Good thing she came to me before actually starting a business using pirated software.

Well, yes, they lose sales from the people that can afford the games but choose not to. This "casual" group should be the target of anti-piracy measures of publishers and educating them via pubs and friends (which is what you did). There is no way to find out true numbers, because there are the real lost sales, not some kid in Malaysia and similar places. That demographic may become your future customers as well, just like with music industry. Something which iD Software forgot during their rise to success.

I preordered from GoG. I think their lack of DRM in the game is very refreshing not that I have a problem paying for software which I genuinely enjoyed using.

Back