Witcher 2

Yeah, but then only NV owners would be able to enjoy the crashes and halved frame rate. Havok spreads the love to everyone instead of being selfish. :devilish:

True, true. I still don't get Havok's cloth system though. It doesn't take that many control points to represent decent looking cloth does it? Seems like a CPU should handle that pretty easily but most models look like the control mesh is very sparse (hence the chunky look).

True, true. I still don't get Havok's cloth system though. It doesn't take that many control points to represent decent looking cloth does it? Seems like a CPU should handle that pretty easily but most models look like the control mesh is very sparse (hence the chunky look).

I think I saw explosions and boxes and stuff being knocked about so could be Havok is doing all that AND the clothes?

How about if they implement DX11 support and use GPU (ATI/Nvidia) for physics aswell as tesselation for cloth etc?

I have 2 of the translated book so far and a third on pre-order I think at Amazon...I am not sure about the preorder part but it is supposed to be released either right now or in a month or two...maybe I should go check. They are quite excellent!

I think I will order the first 2. Dont want to miss out on such quality work.

Omg day one, f* day one!

Also CD Project Red please allow access to console prompt and cvars for graphic to tweak. Anyway looks absolutely fantastic! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine is supposed to support DX11 but that shouldn't be a news in 2011 ;)

For those into pretty pictures here you can find nice collection!

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/images/0/1/?tag=thumbs_below;thumb;1

:smile:

975399_20100323_790screen002.jpg

Those screens look good, but I'm starting to get more sick of overblown DOF than I am of overblown Bloom. Actually, yes, overblown DOF is starting to get really annoying in games. Especially since it's simulating Camera DOF rather than actual vision DOF (which would be problematic in a non-stereo image).

Regards,
SB

I like the general look and the animations, but they need to get rid of the dead eyes and the ridiculous hair, if you can call it that. Oh well, maybe in ten years.

I really liked the skill system in The Witcher. Every level up felt like a big reward (unlike in say, Mass Effect, where you got a +1 to damage, yey). I hope it is similar.

Back