Witcher 2

Left click = fast attack right click = power attack. Beyond that, the distance to the targeted enemy seems to play a role in what exactly Geralt will do.

What he said but also when you have multiple enemies you are fighting, what really annoys me is I am about to finish this one guy off, but because of the retarded targetting, Geralt goes after someone else. Now if it were the case that the performance of the bad guy in terms of combat drops the closer he is to death, I don't mind that too much. But since that does not happen, because I missed killing that guy, I am off attacking someone else and then the about to be finished off guy comes in and gets in a few good slashes and drops my health a lot because Geralt for whatever reason takes FOREVER to block. It's annoying.

Huh, the 2.0 is looking good! I'm not sure but was the content shown in the "Tutorial" completely new?

I noticed this, as well. I don't remember any of the scenes from the Gamescom trailer being in vanilla TW2. Hopefully, they'll spice things up a bit!

I'm really looking forward to the additions in 2.0. Dark Mode sounds awesome. I read on Kotaku that they're also planning on releasing more DLC for free with 2.0, including hundreds of enhancements and some new armor sets.

Honestly, if I had my way, TW2 would easily win GOTY for 2011. Unfortunately, sleeper hits aren't even considered by reviewers unless they're backed by some gigantic namesake and upper echelon developers. I can't even remember the time I was actually surprised, or pleased for that matter, with the GOTY selections.

Honestly, if I had my way, TW2 would easily win GOTY for 2011. Unfortunately, sleeper hits aren't even considered by reviewers unless they're backed by some gigantic namesake and upper echelon developers. I can't even remember the time I was actually surprised, or pleased for that matter, with the GOTY selections.

Could not agree more.

Way too flawed a game to be a Goty candidate imo. If the game's second and third acts were anywhere near as strong as the first act and the prologue I'd certainly agree, but it really went out with a whimper instead of a bang.

Way too flawed a game to be a Goty candidate imo. If the game's second and third acts were anywhere near as strong as the first act and the prologue I'd certainly agree, but it really went out with a whimper instead of a bang.
Yeah. I mean, I enjoyed it overall, but it was extremely slow-paced, the combat was a bit more frustrating than I'd like, and the performance was pretty terrible for the visuals.

I'll give it another shot when version 2.0 comes out, but I probably won't end up playing it all that much.

To be completely honest, I haven't seen the end of it, yet. I reached midway through the final chapter and began over on hard. Under normal circumstances, I would play on insane, but permadeath doesn't appeal to me. So whatever happens in the end is a mystery to me.

However, thus far, my impression of it, I revere it as one of my favorite single player RPG's. Albeit, I don't anticipate actually seeing every single ending, 16 is a little much, I do enjoy the time I've spent with it. Performance isn't an issue with me, unless I enable ubersampling, I receive a solid 60 FPS with Vsync enabled, and all other settings maxed. Which makes me hope CDPR actually addresses compatibility issues that run rampant with ubersampling.

Personally, the game is a marvelous successor to the original. With some features vast improvements over the first. I trust CDPR to address a lot of the issues that currently plague the game, the Enhanced Edition of the original basically bested every concern of mine.

So far for me TW2 is the best game I've played this year.
And I played few very good ones like Mass Effect 1&2, GTA IV, Crysis 2, BF BC2, COD: MW2, F1, Dirt 2 and so on :)

and the performance was pretty terrible for the visuals.

I gotta agree with that unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, the game looks good, better than anything on consoles, but I don't see an obvious reason why it should be so hard on my aging but still fairly capable rig.

If you're not gonna support DX9 hardware you don't need to use it at the expense of the efficiencies and enhancements that could be had with DX10+.

That wouldn't make any sense. The number of gamers with capable hardware but still on XP is miniscule. It must have something to do with the game's crossplatform nature.

That wouldn't make any sense. The number of gamers with capable hardware but still on XP is miniscule. It must have something to do with the game's crossplatform nature.

Was that the case when development began? Remember, CD Projekt is a lot smaller than EA/etc.

IDK when they started making it. But it's not like DICE made BF3 in a day, and they've jumped on the DX11 train head first. IDK what the size of the studio has to do with anything.

When TW2 was first announced, the first alpha footage of it wasn't a far cry from the original, in terms of graphical flair. In fact, it looked identical. If I remember correctly, CDPR scrapped production of TW2 on the NWN2 engine and made their own for the sequel. Which, at the time, was probably hardware with DX9 capabilities, so I imagine the reason the game isn't 11, or even 10 for that matter, was due to the fact that the game was created during the DX9 era. If CDPR had halted production for a little longer, perhaps then it would be a different story. Regardless, TW2 proves DX9 is still as resilient as ever, and can even be demanding as hell, on occasion.

There's a lot of mention of Vizima in 2. Even a few names from the original are pulled out of a hat, now and then, i.e Thaler. If there's room for a third installment, I wonder if some of those old locations and characters will return to the series. Wasn't Vizima destroyed in the original, during a Scoia'tael raid?

When TW2 was first announced, the first alpha footage of it wasn't a far cry from the original, in terms of graphical flair. In fact, it looked identical. If I remember correctly, CDPR scrapped production of TW2 on the NWN2 engine and made their own for the sequel. Which, at the time, was probably hardware with DX9 capabilities, so I imagine the reason the game isn't 11, or even 10 for that matter, was due to the fact that the game was created during the DX9 era. If CDPR had halted production for a little longer, perhaps then it would be a different story. Regardless, TW2 proves DX9 is still as resilient as ever, and can even be demanding as hell, on occasion.

This may be the case. I must point out that even something coded in DX6 can be demanding, but that isn't really a good thing. Visual results/performance is the only thing that matters, and Witcher 2 falls a bit low in that category IMO even though it looks pretty good.

For example, I expect BF3 to run pretty good on my machine whilst looking a lot better than Witcher 2.

But I can get over it since W2 is such a good game.

There's a lot of mention of Vizima in 2. Even a few names from the original are pulled out of a hat, now and then, i.e Thaler. If there's room for a third installment, I wonder if some of those old locations and characters will return to the series. Wasn't Vizima destroyed in the original, during a Scoia'tael raid?

They used their own renderer for Witcher 1, so Aurora engine wasn't the problem there...

Played for about 30 minutes and didn't even get past the first part of the first level. Enemies that don't die, you that dies very quickly, flametrower lock-on on you all the time etc. Can't be botherd anymore with this turd.

This is the first time I played a game this fucking impossible.

Played for about 30 minutes and didn't even get past the first part of the first level. Enemies that don't die, you that dies very quickly, flametrower lock-on on you all the time etc. Can't be botherd anymore with this turd.

Is this in the right thread?

Try Serrit and Auckes on hard. I just fought them and almost lost my sanity.

Roche's path is far better than Iorveth's. I chose his path, this time, and it's awesome.

Back