Witcher 2

I knew it was going to be free. CDPR definitely treat their fans VERY well but I cannot wait to find out what all 2.0 will contain.

Presumably all the enhancements in the console version, and hopefully some graphical goodies as well.

I have not even finished Roche's side as of yet. I am on Chapter 3 though. And I am already bummed out because there are just a couple of side quests only at least on the signboard. I keep reading Chapter 3 is short but ah well the game has a lot of replay value :)

I hope we get a proper targeting system to go along with the new difficulty mode. Getting stabbed in the back because Geralt suddenly abandons a target which is near death for no good reason sounds even less fun when you are being killed in just a couple of hits.

I think they addressed that with 1.3. You can lock onto targets by pressing alt.

It just occurred to me. The concept of the arena is awesome and everything, but it would be a hell of a lot better if you could do co-op with a friend.

There's no multiplayer code in the game though is there? From what I could tell that "Arena" is basically you try and get the best score you can then post your scores on their forums or facebook. The competitive component is who's score is higher.

Holy hell, that's awesome. Dark Mode sounds elite, and the Arena is awesome. Hopefully, that gear from the armory will be available in the regular campaign, once achieved.

Yeah totally agree. They did mention in the dev diary you get XP and what not and it would be awesome if that character could then be used in the game with those enhanced attributes! I can't wait to get this update and I have even yet to finish my first playthrough! Also it seemed that in one of the trailers for the game there were some new cutscenes (at least IMO) that had to do with Demavend and Letho...is that right?

Forget switching targets, why cannot combat be more like the first game where Geralt could actually handle multiple foes?

Combat in the first game DID suck except for the part where you could actually attack or should I say handle groups. I have said it before and I will say it again. Arkham Asylum had the combat done right. You could throw batarangs, etc while in the midst of fighting unlike Geralt who for such a badass took forever to throw the bombs or his knives etc at the bad guys. Combat is better in Witcher 2 but to think it's perfect and does not need improvement is just plain wrong.

my problem with the fighting in witcher 2 is you press the attack button and he attacks, what type of attack he executes i seem to have no control over

Left click = fast attack right click = power attack. Beyond that, the distance to the targeted enemy seems to play a role in what exactly Geralt will do.

Back