Witcher 2

Amzing.. the improvements.. everything they have shown utterly speechless. Baldurs Gate what? Dragon Age what?

Witcher 2 the game of the forever!

EDIT: Fuuuuuuuu... wish Dragon Age would be like this. From all I've seen of Dragon Age it seems more like Neverwinter Nights than a true Baldurs Gate game. IMO Neverwinter Nights was pure crap vs the Baldurs gate (PC version that is, arcade offspring for consoles was crap to) games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap! This jsut made my day. Since it is an alpha version I assume that the voice overs are just temp placeholders and that they will be improving that for sure. I did the pony tail though. Got a bit samuraish feel to it lol.

One thing I would like to know is why they are not licensing Crytek's eninge :p from one of the Crytek demo's that medieval scene looked f$*king astonishing!

Looks amazing art, style and tech wise. Never played the first one but this sort of looks like a KotoR/Mass Effect RPG. I'm also loving the medieval setting.

Looks amazing art, style and tech wise. Never played the first one but this sort of looks like a KotoR/Mass Effect RPG. I'm also loving the medieval setting.

I think you owe it to yourself to play the first one. Now that they also have removed all DRM.

Cool, and havok physics integrated into the combat.

Return of Quicktime events, booo. Hate those.

Great environmental effects. The wind driven smoke, rain and fog looked fantastic. And amazingly don't require PhysX. :p

Regards,
SB

Until Nvidia launches a standalone PhysX card then keep that s*** out of my face!

Witcher was diffucult to leave for a months and come back and have any idea about what you were doing. I suppose that's a good thing, i liked it while i was playing it.

I have been away from Witcher for several weeks and feel I lost knowledge about cooking potions and charming ladies.

I have been away from Witcher for several weeks and feel I lost knowledge about cooking potions and charming ladies.

I used a game guide on my second play through to make sure I got everything that the game had to offer and at the end of the game, Geralt was just quite the badass. :) Those 2 swords (silver and steel) are just awesome!

I think I will look in the guide I got with EE box for a jumpstart. Btw it also came with a short story that is about the Witcher intro scene (beast and castle). Really good and a reminder I need to read more and play less. :)

Great environmental effects. The wind driven smoke, rain and fog looked fantastic. And amazingly don't require PhysX. :p

Ha! If they used PhysX his ponytail would be all flopping in the wind, and the flag at 1:14 wouldn't look like ass :p

I still haven't played the first Witcher though, so many games, so little time :(

I think I will look in the guide I got with EE box for a jumpstart. Btw it also came with a short story that is about the Witcher intro scene (beast and castle). Really good and a reminder I need to read more and play less. :)

I have 2 of the translated book so far and a third on pre-order I think at Amazon...I am not sure about the preorder part but it is supposed to be released either right now or in a month or two...maybe I should go check. They are quite excellent!

Ha! If they used PhysX his ponytail would be all flopping in the wind, and the flag at 1:14 wouldn't look like ass :p

Yeah, but then only NV owners would be able to enjoy the crashes and halved frame rate. Havok spreads the love to everyone instead of being selfish. :devilish:

My god, I just realized I still haven't finished The Witcher, and I started it over a year ago. /sigh. I think I'm going to have to start all over again when I have time to actually play games again. Can't remember what I was doing or where I was going. :p

And I remember combat was a bit of a pain to get used to and I hated the QTEs. Game was fantastic though. Just didn't like the combat. :p

Regards,
SB

Looks good for an internal Alpha. i loved The Witcher, i love the books...i'll love the Witcher 2. Can't wait !

Back