Witcher 2

LOL! If you beat them using ony Arad sign then you deserve a medal! I'm mixing signs like crazy, trap, stun, fire are very common in fight for me. Not sure how the mind control works in fight yet, coz it seems not to do any harm to opponents :???:.

You need to push Q for a time period until the opponent is under your control, or more accurately, fight on your side. However, if you accidentally hit him/her, the effect is gone.

You need to push Q for a time period until the opponent is under your control, or more accurately, fight on your side. However, if you accidentally hit him/her, the effect is gone.

Thanks for this tip! It will make my life easier :D.

John, I'm negotiating payment ahead of kayran fight, don't scare me!

Beat the kayran pretty easily this morning on my 2nd attempt.

Ran into a nice bug, talked to the elf prisoner on the barge, followed Triss out into the woods, we were attacked, and I couldn't do anything. Couldn't draw a sword or cast. And the game hadn't been letting me save, so the last auto was back outside Loredo's house. Fun, fun.

Beat the kayran pretty easily this morning on my 2nd attempt.

Ran into a nice bug, talked to the elf prisoner on the barge, followed Triss out into the woods, we were attacked, and I couldn't do anything. Couldn't draw a sword or cast. And the game hadn't been letting me save, so the last auto was back outside Loredo's house. Fun, fun.

possible spoilers!!

you need to get your swords back when you leave Loredo's house
I decided to go alone in this mission and didn't had any problem,

but oh lord, I had a hard time beating "kayran" and now I just tried (and died quickly) to fight Letho, I need more potions :LOL:

possible spoilers!!

you need to get your swords back when you leave Loredo's house
I decided to go alone in this mission and didn't had any problem,

but oh lord, I had a hard time beating "kayran" and now I just tried (and died quickly) to fight Letho, I need more potions

I have my swords. I've done it four times now, and it puts me in this permanent state. I think you're in that state while in Loredo's house and it's bugging and staying with me.

I'm now an expert at the Kayran fight, after trying about 50 times. Run to point A, wait for tentacle to go up, roll left, wait for tentacle to slam ground, roll right, cast Yrden, roll left, wait for tentacle to slam and get glued, start hacking, cast Quen, chop off tentacle, run for safety, etc etc. All things considered, a pretty lame bossfight, competing with the likes of Dragon's Lair for interactiveness quotient. Glad it's over.

Afterwards, Sorceress Nippleslip adds to the insult by complaining how tired she was from the fight, when she didn't really do much of anything at all, and not handing out the nookie either. That'd better happen later on in the game. Fortunately, good ole Triss was still well up for it after I gave her a flower. Hot scene, don't miss it.

Now at Lethos, and not standing a chance in hell. Reloaded and told the elf to go wait as I gotta do some leveling and gear collecting first, methinks.

Game is awesome.

For people with poor reflexes like me it's easier to just cast quen in a safe spot, run up, put down yrden and then just take the hit ... after you chop of the tentacle there is plenty of time to run back to the safe point (foot of statue left, at a shallow corner of a rock on the right) to rinse and repeat. Removes the need to time your rolls.

I beat Lethos fairly easily after my first attempt disaster, I think it was on the 3rd attempt only,

my main tactic was quite simple, stay close enough to him to avoid bombs, aard and ign. when he atacks with his sword, roll to the side and use the more powerful strike from your sword in his back, I only used aard when he was using quen to keep him busy, I was also using 3 potions.

Spoilers.

The Kayran?

1)Fight starts, roll left, cast quen.
2)Cast Yrden, stay directly above the trap untill tentacle raises.
3)As soon as the tentacle raises roll out of the way.
4)Hack the traped tentacle.
5)Repeat for another 2 tentacles. 3 in total.
6)Ignore the ultimate tentacle to the right, is the hardest one, plus just need to hack 3 for the QTE to start.
7)Take cover in the collapsed wall, cast Quen and start rolling/runing to the left in the direction of the collapsed ramp like structure.

Got the pattern in my second chance on hard. Do you now why i died a lot in this fight tough? After the QTE ended and the creature started throwing rocks, i just didn't now where to run. The confusion came to be because theres an exposed red part of the creature, so figured i had to slash that instead of using the ramp to get on top of it.

This fight is better structured and realized than any of the ones in the first game. :)

Afterwards, Sorceress Nippleslip adds to the insult by complaining how tired she was from the fight, when she didn't really do much of anything at all, and not handing out the nookie either. That'd better happen later on in the game.
Oh wow are you going to be disappointed. Sorry for the mini spoiler, but it would have been too cruel to keep you thinking otherwise ;)

I beat Lethos fairly easily after my first attempt disaster, I think it was on the 3rd attempt only,

my main tactic was quite simple, stay close enough to him to avoid bombs, aard and ign. when he atacks with his sword, roll to the side and use the more powerful strike from your sword in his back, I only used aard when he was using quen to keep him busy, I was also using 3 potions.

I beat him without potions on normal, rolled a lot and used my maxed out quen. Took awhile but he finally went down.

Does the Steam version have that DRM?

Well, I do see that paul.dll etc in the steamapps folder, but if I'm to believe this...

Valve said:
Valve has officially confirmed that its version of the Witcher II: Assassins of Kings, due to launch sometime today, does not feature controversial SecuROM DRM, despite the presence of related files in the game folder.

"I just got a heads up from CD Projekt that the game doesn't have SecuROM, they just didn't bother to pull out the dummy files...so that's good," writes Valve’s Chris D on the company’s forums.

Haven't noticed any slowness in loading at all, in fact I thought it was particularly quick to load save games for a game of this complexity, but that could also just be the brand new Intel 320 SSD I'm running it off.

Haven't noticed any slowness in loading at all, in fact I thought it was particularly quick to load save games for a game of this complexity, but that could also just be the brand new Intel 320 SSD I'm running it off.

Show off! I am still holding off from even turning on Witcher 2 until I beat the Witcher. Did anyone import their saved game from Witcher? Was it worth it? Did you guys receive anything cool for your character in Witcher 2 as a result?

platinum.png

Back