Windows 11 [2021]

Will this work for games without dev integration? I need something that will reduce peak brightness down to a reasonable level automatically.

Windows 11: Rufus breaks Microsoft's restrictions to install the 24H2 update on non-compatible PCs
Fortunately, the hacking community has more than one trick up its sleeve to get around these restrictions imposed by Microsoft. The Rufus utility, which has already brilliantly distinguished itself by allowing users to install Windows 11 without a Microsoft account, has just been updated. Its developer has released a new version of its tool to allow the installation of the Windows 11 24H2 update on PCs that do not meet Microsoft's specifications.

When Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 11 24H2 update, Pete Batard, the developer of Rufus, published on Github, in response to a user unable to install 24H2 on his old PC, a solution to bypass Microsoft's restrictions. He also added that this workaround would be integrated directly into the next update of his utility.

Promises are made to be kept. It has just released Rufus 4.6 beta, the first version of its utility capable of bypassing the minimum system requirements to install Windows 11 24H2.

For users of very old machines, whose processor does not support PopCnt/SSE4.2, the developer of Rufus is clear. He says that his utility will never be able to bypass these restrictions. Otherwise, they can adopt another operating system. This is undoubtedly the best option. A Linux distribution, such as Linux Mint, or even Chrome OS Flex, which are much lighter than Windows 11, will continue to be updated, and will allow the oldest machines to be given a second life.

Sort of surprised the 24h2 hasn't been offered to my pc yet. I've heard it was held back for some machines that had hardware with bugs that needed to be worked out.

Sort of surprised the 24h2 hasn't been offered to my pc yet. I've heard it was held back for some machines that had hardware with bugs that needed to be worked out.
my new computer i built in october 2023 still is on 22h2 and i have updated all the software, drivers and firmwares etc and i still cant get anything newer from windows update

my new computer i built in october 2023 still is on 22h2 and i have updated all the software, drivers and firmwares etc and i still cant get anything newer from windows update
They've been doing graduated launches of big patches for quite some time already. If you want to get it asap easiest way is to get the ISO from MS and update manually, but considering they've already once updated the 24H2 ISO to newer build I wouldn't rush it.

As mentioned there is a "cache" bug that was introduced with 24h2 so MS will likely take a cautious approach.

They've been doing graduated launches of big patches for quite some time already. If you want to get it asap easiest way is to get the ISO from MS and update manually, but considering they've already once updated the 24H2 ISO to newer build I wouldn't rush it.
sure i can do that but there must be a reason they wont offer me 23h2 that was released last year :(

sure i can do that but there must be a reason they wont offer me 23h2 that was released last year :(

Maybe you could try the pc health check app that's linked at the very bottom of this page?

Maybe you could try the pc health check app that's linked at the very bottom of this page?

i think i have done it and it says its a-okay

but im not a fan of the way the install works when its a full install of a new os version, it seems to reset a lot of stuff i have changed

edit: yes i have done it before and its all good
1728753498896.png

Last edited:
i think i have done it and it says its a-okay

but im not a fan of the way the install works when its a full install of a new os version, it seems to reset a lot of stuff i have changed

I was just curious if it would report some compatibility problem. The app is just a health check app.

I was just curious if it would report some compatibility problem. The app is just a health check app.
afaik there should be an enablement package that should just switch the update on for me, but windows update wont give it to me for some reason

i may try to get it from other places
edit: found this, it has a link to a dl of the enablement package direct from microsoft

Last edited:
Back