Wimbledon

Simon F said:
london-boy said:
sir doris said:
Hingis wasn't a grunter was she?

I think for every grunt they make they should have to remove an item of clothing :LOL:

That would leave some of them stark naked after the 2nd grunt.

There was a great cartoon in one of the UK papers a few days ago. Had a couple watching Wimbledon with one saying something like "Brain scans show they are faking it".
:LOL: :LOL:

Hingis retired for severe ankles injuries. She wasn't even 22 as she quitted, but at the beginning of this year she reappeared and played an exhibition match...some say she's thinking about giving a second try next year.

Crisidelm said:
Hingis retired for severe ankles injuries. She wasn't even 22 as she quitted, but at the beginning of this year she reappeared and played an exhibition match...some say she's thinking about giving a second try next year.

Mmmmmm...

Hingis used to destroy the William Sisters when she was still a teenager, but she stopped playing properly and selfdestructed (mentally) around 20. She never was really the same afterwards, which was ashame, she was probably the most gifted female athlete of her generation, and should have been one of the best of all time, up there with Graff and Navratilova.
I think the womens game suffered a lot b/c of that, Imo its much less interesting than it was about 6 years ago.

As far as the mens draw, actually its gotten a lot more interesting of late. There are a number of really good young players and some great matchups. Federer of course is like perfection, but you have some contrasting styles out there as well, like Hewitt, Roddick, Safin and others.

Im more hyped about the mens game than I have been in a long time, since the glory days of Sampras/Agassi when they were in their prime, and heck maybe even further back when McEnroe/Connors/Lendl were going at it.

Back