Wimbledon

Well if Federer doesn't win this one for men I will be suprised...

Sharapova will lose this time in the semis I would bet... to win Wimledon again ummm Davenport

and surely Ancic is still wining, but will have to see for how long that lasts :)

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
london-boy said:
Come the f&*k ON TIM!!! For Gods sake!!! :devilish:

It's Henman - he will pull defeat from the jaws of victory. Oh, just seen, Henman is out.

:rolleyes: Oh well...

Mens was boring anyway, i'm much more interested in the girls tournament.

Slightly OT, is Hingis(?) still playing or has she retired? Thought she was going to slow down/ take a break for a year when the "Evil" Williams sisters kept kicking her ass?

:rolleyes: I expect that's all totally wrong, but i'm sure someone will correct me :p

sir doris said:
Slightly OT, is Hingis(?) still playing or has she retired? Thought she was going to slow down/ take a break for a year when the "Evil" Williams sisters kept kicking her ass?

:rolleyes: I expect that's all totally wrong, but i'm sure someone will correct me :p

This is totally freaky, we were just talking about her here in the office!!?!?! :oops:

She has retired. Officially a couple of years ago i think, though she had already slowed down a lot by the time the Williams sisters came to power.

RussSchultz said:
Was she the grunter?

She's quiet as a mouse compared to the Williams sisters or Sharipova. It's like they can't hit any ball without shouting at the top of their lungs. It sounds like they are doing karate, not tennis.

For some reason the blokes don't feel the need to shout and grunt every time they hit a ball.

Just had a quick google and Hingis is still only 24 :oops: Which means she must have retired at.. 22 ish? :oops: :oops:

So still time left for a come back.

How old was jennifer capriati when she "came back"?

arg, not hingis but monica seles was known for her grunting.

http://www.answers.com/topic/monica-seles
One of the trademarks of Seles's play was her grunt when she hit the ball. The grunt was part of a controversy when an opponent Katerina Maleeva of Bulgaria officially complained and asked Seles not to grunt during a game. This also happened in the quarter-final of Wimbledon 1992 where Seles's opponent Nathalie Tauziat complained about her opponent's noise. Seles was given a verbal warning, and remained virtually silent to win the match.

london-boy said:
sir doris said:
Hingis wasn't a grunter was she?

I think for every grunt they make they should have to remove an item of clothing :LOL:

That would leave some of them stark naked after the 2nd grunt.

There was a great cartoon in one of the UK papers a few days ago. Had a couple watching Wimbledon with one saying something like "Brain scans show they are faking it".

Back