Wich card is the king of the hill (nv40 or R420)

Wich card is the king of the hill (nv40 or R420)

• Nv40 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they are equaly matched

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...nVidia gave a few reviewers a "This is not a real card from us but we'll call it the Ultra Extreme and some of our partners may be clocking the cards this high so please benchmark this $599 or so we guess card against ATI's $499 XT PE so we don't get our mind-share kicked too hard" card.

Joe DeFuria said:
Yeah...nVidia gave a few reviewers a "This is not a real card from us but we'll call it the Ultra Extreme and some of our partners may be clocking the cards this high so please benchmark this $599 or so we guess card against ATI's $499 XT PE so we don't get our mind-share kicked too hard" card.
ah . Well if it wasn't in the beyond3d review i wouldn't know about it :)

One thing that I still don't understand is if ATI ditched their regular XT and the PE is all that will be available why then did they even bother giving it the PE name? Why not just increase the frequency and leave it at plain XT?

ANova said:
One thing that I still don't understand is if ATI ditched their regular XT and the PE is all that will be available why then did they even bother giving it the PE name? Why not just increase the frequency and leave it at plain XT?

Mabye they wanted to set it apart from a pci e xt version ?

DemoCoder said:
Has it been 45 days yet? No.

Sorry , I wasn't aware there was a 45 day period .

When will 45 days be up ? THat is almost 2 months time .

Will it be up before the 12th when i get my xt ?

The NV40 is not supposed to ship yet. NVidia has not reached their announced date, so I don't really see the point of "bashing" the lack of supply yet.

BTW, 45 days is "almost" two months? Seems like 1.5 months to me. Glass is half empty for you right?

DemoCoder said:
The NV40 is not supposed to ship yet. NVidia has not reached their announced date, so I don't really see the point of "bashing" the lack of supply yet.

BTW, 45 days is "almost" two months? Seems like 1.5 months to me. Glass is half empty for you right?

Oh ye half empty... let's talk about PS3.0... look who's talking... :LOL:

T2k said:
DemoCoder said:

Oh ye half empty... let's talk about PS3.0... look who's talking... :LOL:

Non-sequitur. You really need to take some smart drugs.

Demo...I really think you need to either take a chill pill or just take a break for a few weeks.... There really is no need for the personal abuse..... You spend far too much time here argueing your point of view - not that that's wrong, mind you - but beating your head against a wall (and that's the way it appears) can not be healthy. Your attitude (in terms of dealing with others) has, over the last 3-4 months, gone steadily downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back