Why do Jedi masters dissappear and not die?

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I'm not going to ever watch SW episode 3 as eps 1 and 2 really sucked.
I read that the explanation for why Yoda and Ob Wan dissappeared and not died was in SW episode 3.

Can someone fill me in?

I don't think it was ever explained, other that in Yoda's line:
"Your old Master Qui Con has learned the way to talk us from beyond the grave, he'll soon contact you and teach you how it's done" or something like that.
(Edit: Qui Con was killed by Darth Maul in EP1.)
It wasn't explained, so no, you won't learn that skill by watching the movie.
You should watch it for other reasons though, as it is good. Better than EP1 for sure and better than EP2, which didn't suck either imo.
They're not really that bad as is fashionable to dislike them, there are many as bad or worse blockbuster films that are not getting as much backslashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
They learn how to become one with the force and... yeah.. that's as far as I know. :p
Sith supposedly cannot do this because they are not pure/good/something.

But Sidious was apparently aware of Qui Gon's return since he made a comment to Anakin about "only one has learned how to do this."

I liked ep2. Nice nipples there Natalie :) I hate ep1, most notably jar jar bins (or beans or whatever). I found ep3 to be quite good, but still not as good as the old ones.

John Reynolds said:
But Sidious was apparently aware of Qui Gon's return since he made a comment to Anakin about "only one has learned how to do this."

I think he was talking about a Sith Lord, who was slain in his sleep by his apprentice - presumably Sidious.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I read that the explanation for why Yoda and Ob Wan dissappeared and not died was in SW episode 3.

Can someone fill me in?
"Into exile I must go. Failed I have."
*head shakes*

K.I.L.E.R said:

Can someone fill me in?

To add to what has already been said, only Yoda & Obi-Wan do disappear upon death, no other jedi did previously, AFAIR.

Yes it was explained, I vaguely remember. It was something to the effect that "good"/"true" jedi's disappeared while "bad" (I hate to use bad because Jedi's aren't bad per say, but I can't phrase it any other way, perhaps disobedient) jedi's had to be burned (that's why luke burned darth vader).

JustPassingBy said:
Yes it was explained, I vaguely remember. It was something to the effect that "good"/"true" jedi's disappeared while "bad" (I hate to use bad because Jedi's aren't bad per say, but I can't phrase it any other way, perhaps disobedient) jedi's had to be burned (that's why luke burned darth vader).

Hunh? luke didint burn Darth Vader... Vader was burned when he disposed of the Emperor who was firing off electrical Force bolts...

And then Vader appeared alongside Obi Wan and Yoda as Anakin when Endor was saved... your memory is going! :D

blakjedi said:
Hunh? luke didint burn Darth Vader... Vader was burned when he disposed of the Emperor who was firing off electrical Force bolts...

And then Vader appeared alongside Obi Wan and Yoda as Anakin when Endor was saved... your memory is going! :D

He's correct, rewatch episode 6 ending, Luke burns Darth Vader in his armor on the moon of Endor, before returning to the village with his friends and the Rebel Alliance making a huge party for their great victory...
(Thereafter, indeed Anakin appears like both Yoda & Obi-wan.)

Ep3 is the best one of the bunch, particularly the last 40 minutes (it feels like star wars again)

Fred said:
Ep3 is the best one of the bunch, particularly the last 40 minutes (it feels like star wars again)
Ya but still I'd rather he not made the prequils in the first place.

rabidrabbit said:
They're not really that bad as is fashionable to dislike them, there are many as bad or worse blockbuster films that are not getting as much backslashing.
Well duh, this is Star Wars we're talking about, not Bad Boys II. :)

K.I.L.E.R said:

Can someone fill me in?
Any criteria is an ad-hominem attack.....meh.

K.I.L.E.R said:

Can someone fill me in?

I think you should just watch the movie, it's about 2h you can afford it, besides it's better than episode 1 and 2 by a clear margin, true the dialog still sucks and there are some other things too that bother me, but I was still able to enjoy Episode 3.

No I'm not going to watch it.

The only time I would watch it is if it comes on TV and I have absolutely nothing better to do.

Back