Why android getting much slower the older it goes?

How would they know whether you rooted your phone or not? Why would they even care?
1. Im pretty sure they have someway to see if you've mucked around with the firmware, i.e. I'ld be shocked if they don't
2. Well if it invalidates the warranty, then its saving them cash

Remember sprint can tell if you send it in for service if the firmware has been tampered with and unrooted and can deny your claim

Well, as previously noted, it is apparently possible to root without leaving any traces of doing so. You could then revert to stock firmware in the event you needed to return the phone for any reason. Obviously, if you're not bothered about messing around in this manner, it is not compulsory!

Truth be told, I'm surprised you seem to be encountering 'slowdown' problems with your phone as I've not really heard many reports of users having such issues with modern devices. I'd imagine you're on Android 4.3 or higher? Should ensure that TRIM support is there and isn't causing any slowdown.

An alternative cause could be rogue apps but, again, assuming you are using up to date versions of apps which are decently coded, this shouldn't be an issue either. You could always try uninstalling then reinstalling the apps. I'd imagine this would have the effect of 'wiping' the cache and dalvik cache for each of the apps in question, rather than just wiping the whole phone.

Remember sprint can tell if you send it in for service if the firmware has been tampered with and unrooted and can deny your claim

Okay but your original post said you didn't want to root your phone because you work at Sprint so I just wondered why they would care or how they would even know whether you rooted your phone.

Obviously if you send it in for warranty and Sprint decides to be a Nazi they might not fix hardware errors because you rooted your phone but that's a different story.

Okay but your original post said you didn't want to root your phone because you work at Sprint so I just wondered why they would care or how they would even know whether you rooted your phone.

Obviously if you send it in for warranty and Sprint decides to be a Nazi they might not fix hardware errors because you rooted your phone but that's a different story.

They comb through everything we do and I've had coworkers fired who have had to have their phone fixed through insurance after its been rooted.

i think doing fstrim can be done without root. Try installing terminal emulator and manually do fstrom

They comb through everything we do and I've had coworkers fired who have had to have their phone fixed through insurance after its been rooted.

Are they allowed to do that? Damn wouldn't like working there... wouldn't want to buy anything from such a company either. BTW isn't it weird for getting fired for having a rooted phone fixed? If insurance deems the damage to fall within the policy then does it really matter if the phone is rooted or not?

I mean if you're claiming insurance because of a cracked screen, that obviously doesn't have anything to do with a rooted phone.

Well you pay for insurance and it excludes different things.

Also they give us cell service for free. So if you want a free unlimited plan it comes with the territory.

Are they allowed to do that? Damn wouldn't like working there... wouldn't want to buy anything from such a company either. BTW isn't it weird for getting fired for having a rooted phone fixed? If insurance deems the damage to fall within the policy then does it really matter if the phone is rooted or not?

I mean if you're claiming insurance because of a cracked screen, that obviously doesn't have anything to do with a rooted phone.

The more insurance claims you make, the higher your premiums will rise over time.

Regards,
SB

Back