Who would you prefer to buy out SGI?

Who would you prefer to buy out SGI?

• Total voters
NVIDIA, because ATI has more ex-SGI employees than NVIDIA right now, so I want to make it fair for poor poor NV ;) :LOL:

Uttar

ATI : nVIDIA just borrow acquired patents & tech (3dfx, GigaPixel...) and does crap (nV30, Arrrrrrrrre Ya Rrrrrrrrrready ?). Whereas ATI has fully exposed the benefits of ArtX Aquisition.

I'd rather Uttar bought them out, so he could farm out their engineers and IP as he thinks most fair, and would kick up the whole industry. ;)

Of the two, I'd go for ATI. At least ATI has shown a recent history of being able to handle integrating separate IP and engineering resources. Nvidia has shown itself to be utterly incapable of properly managing internal departments, and somehow managed to mess up the engineering department enough to throw it out of the lead for what amounts to an entire hardware generation.

wouldnt it be kinda pointless to buy the whole company?? sgi still makes graphics workstation something both nv and ati currently dont do. So buying this dinosaur would really be a bad move on either side. So unless you really wanted to tank one of the 2 companies both of them should stay as far away from this as possible. I could be wrong though. ;)

later,
epic

I say nvidia, because I predict whoever buys SGI will go out of business due to debts and lack of anything useful from SGI, whose integration into their existing technologies would result in a disaster bigger than geforce fx.

Magic-Sim said:
ATI : nVIDIA just borrow acquired patents & tech (3dfx, GigaPixel...) and does crap (nV30, Arrrrrrrrre Ya Rrrrrrrrrready ?). Whereas ATI has fully exposed the benefits of ArtX Aquisition.

Ummm they acquired it, not borrowed it. Given the dynamics of roadmaps... integrating new tech isn't the easiest thing.

Back