Whats the point?

For shame!

and there's me, almost blowing my top in Rev's "Noize"-thread about technology vs/ specs&features, and woefully remembering the "olden days," without bothering to scrolling down a couple of lines in the forums overview.

:oops: Mea culpa.

And, thanks. :)

ta,
-Sascha.rb

RussSchultz said:
How bout we make ATI, NVIDIA, R300, Radeon,9700, NV30,Geforce, all terms that the BBS blocks?

;)

:D

Well, at least it would be funny...
Imagine a 10-page flamewar before the participants notice they are talking about the same card. :LOL:

so

well following the few threads on here i think the most i will post is um what does that actually mean.. some people here just blow my mind .

I think that it would be appropriate to create a “Rumor Mill forumâ€￾. That way if a thread is posted and it is based on unadulterated speculation then it may be moved to that vicinity.. Leaving the 3D Technology and Hardware forum clear of rumors and tentative threads... eg "NV30 Bandwidth - this time for real!". If in fact a poster has no way to back their claims with at least a link or plausible information then the thread would be relocated to the "Rumor" forum. Hence stifling the postings of "noise" as they know it will be moved. In addition a sticky may be posted that would plainly affirm that postings of these threads will not be tolerated.. Granted this would only stifle speculative threads and not posters posting in reliable threads, but it would appear to go a long way to keeping the "noise" down..

Hi Sabastian,
Sabastian said:
I think that it would be appropriate to create a “Rumor Mill forumâ€￾. That way if a thread is posted and it is based on unadulterated speculation then it may be moved to that vicinity.. Leaving the 3D Technology and Hardware forum clear of rumors and tentative threads... eg "NV30 Bandwidth - this time for real!". If in fact a poster has no way to back their claims with at least a link or plausible information then the thread would be relocated to the "Rumor" forum. Hence stifling the postings of "noise" as they know it will be moved. In addition a sticky may be posted that would plainly affirm that postings of these threads will not be tolerated.. Granted this would only stifle speculative threads and not posters posting in reliable threads, but it would appear to go a long way to keeping the "noise" down..
This system works pretty well in our forums. We got rid of the "Speculations" board some time ago, and lo and behold--more speculation in the discussion boards. Hence we re-introduced the speculations forum, and it works like a charm. Most rumour mill experts post there themselves already, and if a "serious" thread gets waylayed too much by speculations, either the whole thread is moved or clearly speculative messages are split and moved. People have started to accept the system, and the noise has come down, somewhat.

Hmm. Might be just as well the season, though. Well, we'll see soon enough. ;)

ta,
-Sascha.rb

RussSchultz said:
How bout we make ATI, NVIDIA, R300, Radeon,9700, NV30,Geforce, all terms that the BBS blocks?

;)

ROFL they come up with different names ofcourse :LOL:

Well the quality is certainly down compared to the old b3d.

Aldo I don't do 3D coding anymore :( it is a good idea to split it apart from the 3D tech and hardware.........

Back