What the? Lost Planet on PS3?

Gametrailers have a video of Lost Planet for PS3 announced as it seems at Capcom's gamers day :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26660.html

I heard PS3 version will include all PC extras and 360 downloads.
Quite late though, they should have released it earlier as next year competition will be very strong especially considering the userbase.

IIRC correctly the Lost Planet 360 pushes a lot of triangles, so it will be interesting to see how PS3 version will fare.

Just remember who call it first (though the thread has been lost in the database nirvana, so did I really post it ) :p

Dead Rising will probably show up sooner or later as well. It just makes perfect sense business wise: With DMC4 the MT framework is rapidly improving on PS3. Porting the games (with already completed assets) is one of the advantages of a good multiplatform engine

Good news for PS3's owners! ;)
I thinks Capcom made the right choice vs Dead Rising, Lost Planet have got many things would be design for Japan and european public (meca, art design, boss).
And yes Capcom have one of the better multi engine…

Just remember who call it first (though the thread has been lost in the database nirvana, so did I really post it ) :p

Dead Rising will probably show up sooner or later as well. It just makes perfect sense business wise: With DMC4 the MT framework is rapidly improving on PS3. Porting the games (with already completed assets) is one of the advantages of a good multiplatform engine

I called this months and months ago. I had a list of 360 titles that would be announced for the PS3. A Capcom title was one of them - the title I said was Lost Planet. Two Worlds was another (it has been announced to move to the PS3) and BioShock was another. Though I think Microsoft may have scuppered this last one with their money pockets.

I believe Lost Planet is coming late because Microsoft wanted their 6 months with the title.

I called this months and months ago. I had a list of 360 titles that would be announced for the PS3. A Capcom title was one of them - the title I said was Lost Planet. Two Worlds was another (it has been announced to move to the PS3) and BioShock was another. Though I think Microsoft may have scuppered this last one with their money pockets.

I believe Lost Planet is coming late because Microsoft wanted their 6 months with the title.

It's more one year…

already played it and hav no intention of play it again. im more interested in the Lost planet trilogy that they were planning to make.

Lighter color palette....I wonder if this has anything to do with RSX. This is the general trend in many multiplatform released games. PS3 versions are "brighter" while 360's are "darker"

People have already started with the comparisons pics on Gaf and similar isn't the word to use.

I think we should wait for other screens to judge better. Some screens look 100% identical. The one they used in that specific post differs though. Thats just one image. They question whether that screen is indeed from the PS3 version in that very thread.

I think we should wait for other screens to judge better. Some screens look 100% identical. The one they used in that specific post differs though. Thats just one image. They question whether that screen is indeed from the PS3 version in that very thread.

BlimBlim said the same pictures are on Capcom's Euro site as PS3 pics

I think Lost Planet might have been too closely tailored to the 360s hardware strenghths to be able to pull off an exact PS3 version.

Back