What Studio would you like to work for?

archie4oz

ea_spouse is H4WT!
Veteran
Just for fun (and to get away from all the speculation and trolling threads), what studio would you like to work for? And how about why?

Number one on my list would probably be Production 3 (SCEI/SCEJ), mainly because I know people there, and they get to work on some pretty diverse titles. There's quite a bit of encouragement for creative new ideas and you've got close connections with other internal studios. (Hehe I'd like to raid Nana-On-Sha for some of Masaya Matsura's latest mixes!)

Number two would be HAL labs... Hey, it's BigN and I absolutely love their building (Besides it's close to my old neighborhood too!)! There's also a surprising amount of good looking ladies there. They also have a hardware department (the GCN was born there) so it'd be fun to see what they're tinkering with.

Number three... Naughty Dog... Been there, like the crew, love the location, and love their work. Also really like their approach to some problems (e.g. writing your own Lisp compiler).

Honorable mention... Brownie Brown... Another BigN, plus a bunch of ex-coworkers. Another fun place, lots of artists, plus it'd be different working for little studio that does strictly AGB dev (kinda like going old-school)...

Well, I have zero experience in game development..

The closest I've come to game dev'ing is making amatuer maps for Lode Runner (150+) and Duke Nukem 3D. (3) :)

I would say EAD, though. I have a lot of admiration for them, and I'd love to work on a Shigeru Miyamoto game.

id Software is another one I'd pick.. and also Sega-AM2.

Well, after I´m done with my University (I´ll begin on August) I´ll be gratefull if I´m even able to get a job in the industry (you know, being mexican and all). :)

But where would I like to work? Definitely not EAD (I respect Miyamoto´s work, but I don´t like it)....Squaresoft or Konami would be nice (except that I don´t know a thing about japanese)....EA Canada seems to be a good place to work in. Valve or ID would be cool too.

But my ultimate dream is to be able to direct my own RPG in whatever company, of course, as long as its willing to back me up with some pretty numbers. ;)

First on my list would be... Universal Studios
Second would be... MGM Studios
and third... Paramount Studios

I'd rather make movies than games... more money in it.

Probably Square, I heard they pay the most :oops:

UbiSoft MTL, I've always liked their work, and I really like the area/country there.

Some of the Namco's teams might be interesting too...

Of course, this may be completely based on my relative inexperience of working in big ass corporations. Much as I like the advantages of working with smaller companies, the disadvantages can get annoying at times... :p

for me it would be Naughty Dog, although I of course don't have the inside compared to Archie or Faf. ;)

Why? Well, love their work and I've read up a lot about the staff. Just love'em!

Having spoken to some devs, Studio Cambridge (SCEE) has some interesting projects going...

Bungie makes great innovative games, do does Blizzard. Sit on your focus games and watch the cash roll in. Say no to excessive milking. :oops:

First on my list would be... Universal Studios
Second would be... MGM Studios
and third... Paramount Studios

Bah... I'd go Pixar, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros...

Probably Square, I heard they pay the most

I wouldn't gamble on that! Although you might like getting some quality time with a lot of musicians...

Also...

But where would I like to work? ....Squaresoft

Too bad it doesn't exist! :p

Bungie makes great innovative games, do does Blizzard. Sit on your focus games and watch the cash roll in. Say no to excessive milkin

HAHAHA!!! To quote another 'famous' developer "Anybody who can milk, WILL!" Ergo need to choose better examples for your anti-Got Milk campaign... Also I didn't know you were a Mac user/fan!?! :oops:

SEGA doesn't pay too bad, though I'm not officially in development. The verious teams at SoJ have their own unique way of gettings things done and I'm guessing the peple they pick fit right in with the crowds.

If anything I'd work with Visual Concepts at SEGA, laid back and totally dedicated to the job. Another plus to them is that it's in the US.

Outside of SEGA I'd have to go with Ubi Soft. They make great games and they're a crazy bunch of people. Very nice too, friendly.

Sega UGAS (love their creativity), Squenix, Bungie, Climax, Id, BioWare, and ofcourse, BANEPRESTO!!! (SuperRobotWars fetish)

Game studio wise Naughty Dog, Factor5, Konami Japan, Polyphony Digital, DMA ... motivation: some for the respect towards their work, some I met in the past knowing that they are decent people. I would like the challenge to work with PS hardware, to master complex stuff could be very satisfying.

Talking of none-game studios, Pixar or Sony's Linux/Network R&D would be fun too

Silicon Knights hands down. I have a lot of respect for what Denis Dyack and his boys are doing and I agree on their view how videogames should evolve. And you get to know/work with Shigeru Miyamoto too so it's killing two birds with one stone :)

I'd like to work for either Naughty Dog or Insomniac. I've met both teams and seen both working environments so I second Archie's comments about ND and extend them to Insomniac.

Oh, and I'd like to work for Polyphony Digital or KCET just to get a chance to see how GT/WE turn out on PS3 before you all :)

Back