What music are you listening to right now?

Yes, and it's delicious! You can listen to one of the new songs on their myspace, though that one isn't really particularly representative of the rest of the album. The song on Myspace is a bit more accessible and rock-ish (although still really good) while the album is mostly sort of in the same style as the second half of Frances the Mute. My only real complaint is with the opener, which is kind of a slow, boring, 8 minute intro, heh. They've however mostly done away with the 5-minutes-of-random-noise-routines that plagued Frances, which is nice.

Black Sun Empire - Cruel and Unusual
Noisia - Block Control EP

Speaking of, this was pretty cool:

www.music-map.com

Some of it is uncanny. Bands I don't like, but don't sound anything alike, end up grouped together. Same with Bands I do like. It must do google mining or something like that.

www.music-map.com

Some of it is uncanny. Bands I don't like, but don't sound anything alike, end up grouped together. Same with Bands I do like. It must do google mining or something like that.

Yeah, it gives some pretty terrible recommendations for certan bands. I threw in Agalloch for example and got bands like Dimmu Borgir (good, only if you feel like listening to "mainstream" black metal) and Iced Earth (giggle) and then In Flames (what genre does their latest album fall into? Emo gothenburg?) and the only halfway decent one was the farthest out in Opeth (:love:). When the latest Agalloch album actually sounds like previous Agalloch thrown against the latest Opeth.

Reminds me of pandora.com, which also simply had no clue when it came to the music! Just because a band uses similair radical time signatures does not mean they are similair!

www.music-map.com

LOL, I entered Mylene Farmer (that I like), and on the outer rim was
Alanis Morrisette, Safri Duo, Björk, Garbage, Mano Negra, Manu Chao and Cranberries, all of which I also like. Their database certainly wasn't tuned for me. :D

I tried one more: Enya, and it it put E-Type closest to it. This aint fun any more, I'm seriously offended.

LOL, I entered Mylene Farmer (that I like), and on the outer rim was
Alanis Morrisette, Safri Duo, Björk, Garbage, Mano Negra, Manu Chao and Cranberries, all of which I also like. Their database certainly wasn't tuned for me. :D

Bloody Alanis Morrisette seems to be on all my searches. Do they know something I don't?

Oh, listening to Blackberry Belle by the Twilight Singers (who, incidentally, I'm going to see on Tues in London - hooray!). It's a much better album than their latest - Powder Burns - which is still a very good album.

I´ve recently discovered a whole new side of mine (grew on me with age, i guess):

Prog. Metal - e.x. Threshold (kick-ass UK band)
Melodic/Gothic Metal/Rock - like Nightwish/Within Temptation/Kamelot etc.
Melodic Rock/AOR - too much to name (if you fell in love with that, there´s a couple hundred (thousand?) bands, i already lost count of all CDs/bands i like)

So, basically, i like almost everything from those genres (80s until today)

Currently spinning in my player:

nightwishwn2.jpg

Nightwish - Century Child

Right now, Communic: "Waves Of Visual Decay" and (would you believe) the new Christina Aguilera (I don't like the music that much but I seriously _love_ her voice).

Yeah, it gives some pretty terrible recommendations for certan bands. I threw in Agalloch for example and got bands like Dimmu Borgir (good, only if you feel like listening to "mainstream" black metal) and Iced Earth (giggle) and then In Flames (what genre does their latest album fall into? Emo gothenburg?) and the only halfway decent one was the farthest out in Opeth (:love:). When the latest Agalloch album actually sounds like previous Agalloch thrown against the latest Opeth.

Reminds me of pandora.com, which also simply had no clue when it came to the music! Just because a band uses similair radical time signatures does not mean they are similair!

www.musicplasma.com is the one I usually use (I think it was one of the first, TBH). Same deal - hit/miss for most people - but it's worth it for the occasional new direction...

Back