What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a Best Buy gift certificate for Christmas from my sister. I went out and bought the Battlefield Complete Collection for 30 bucks. Two words: One DVD. Which includes BF2 and all the expansions. This solves my scratched BF2 CD problem. And playing it on my new monitor, which was also a Christmas gift, alongside my old monitor, I have a dual setup now, gives me the most unfair advantage :)

Almost done replaying Mass Effect, to get ready for the sequel, and I needed a save game too, apparently, lost mine somehow, even though I keep my Documents folder on a separate drive, when I reinstalled mass effect it didn't show any of my old saves.

I received a Best Buy gift certificate for Christmas from my sister. I went out and bought the Battlefield Complete Collection for 30 bucks. Two words: One DVD. Which includes BF2 and all the expansions. This solves my scratched BF2 CD problem. And playing it on my new monitor, which was also a Christmas gift, alongside my old monitor, I have a dual setup now, gives me the most unfair advantage :)

I think Steam sells the BF2 complete collection for €7,49!

And besides, I have backups of those games, since they removed the CD-Check for BF2, it's a lot easier.

I'm stuck at the office or I'd be playing MS:LL presently. Neliz needs to buy the mrs a new computer for herself.

I think AMD needs to buy me a new computer after all I've done for them so far ;)

I've downloaded it, but when I try to run the mod I get all sorts of script errors basically removing all text from the menu buttons. I can view some of my options but the rest of the text is garbled or unreadable.
Maybe because I installed crysis on the wife's account (mandarin Chinese) and trying to run it with some non unicode patch or something.. I don't know, but I can't be bothered to find out right now.. so much more to play! (i'll try again when it's a bit more stable than just "beta")

I'm nearly done with it.
*but* I may have to replay it and put points into charm:I couldn't save the Krogan, no matter what I said Ashley kills him, or I do :LOL:

I've saved him first time :smile:

You just need a all your conversation skills maxed. It ain't easy, but can be done!
Unfortunately my saves are on XBOX and PC version I'm replaying as a proper ass hole and pig character (just to see what is different) :devilish:

Uh, ok, that was lame. I 'already' finished Mass Effect... I was at the point where I'd escaped the Citadel and was ready to land at Ilos, and I thought to myself "I'm probably 40% or so of the way through the main storyline". How utterly wrong could I be? Before I knew it the credits were rolling... I even went so far as to pad the whole experience out by doing every little single side quest and mineral survey and all that crap, but it just felt so short! I've been tainted by KotOR!

I definitely warmed up to it towards the end though... I never got to Romance Ashley however, even though I did EVERYTHING necessary to achieve that, so I'm a bit bummed (not that I missed out on a sex scene, but because I wanted Ashley to be my character's love interest for the next game/s - hopefully you can continue romancing these folk in the next game). What's this 'new game plus' thing? I can't seem to get any good info on it... I think it lets me start a new game with all of my personal stats and character relations intact or something? Or just my stats? Or... what?

Game was a bit underwhelming overall. And what was so great about going to the Moon? I remember reading threads around release time and so many people were commenting on how awesome it was to go to the Moon and see Earth or something, but I just don't get what was so good about that. Initially, I thought that perhaps Mass Effect was set in some universe that was detached from Earth but that Earth existed in it as it is today... So like you go to the Moon and get to see Earth but you can't go there because our civilisation is still developing as it is today.

Anyway, looking forward to the next game, it seems they've really gone out of their way to try and fix the clunky poor feeling combat and weapons handling, and to try and spice up the planet / space exploration aspect to be something less than running around on randomly generated worlds searching for goddamn mineral deposits and exploring identical underground bases over and over and over and over.

*edit* I must say, they have created a nice 'world' for themselves with Mass Effect. But I was a little saddened that after reading 6 or 7 trillion Codex entries on space warfare and the various weapons and tactics involved, all I got was a 2 minute ultra-cheesy and poorly voiced / acted / choreographed 'battle' scene that lacked any decent punch. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I'd have a mechwarror mod review but Steam is taking hours to download Crysis for some reason :( Just played prototype for 1.5 hours and love that game!

Honestly, the moon mission really annoyed me, just because the image of the Earth was reversed :p

It wasn't much of a mission, though. One of the bunkers usually ends up being a fair challenge, especially if you focus on playing a biotic character. Other than that it's completely unremarkable.

Honestly, the moon mission really annoyed me, just because the image of the Earth was reversed :p

It wasn't much of a mission, though. One of the bunkers usually ends up being a fair challenge, especially if you focus on playing a biotic character. Other than that it's completely unremarkable.

Eh, it was probably the most annoying one for me too. I wasn't really paying much attention so I went down into the 'first' bunker and proceeded to obliterate everything I saw. It was only then that I realised I had to do it TWO MORE TIMES, only then on 'Medium' and 'Hard' modes :rolleyes:

Regardless, absolutely nothing was a challenge in this game. Every 10 seconds I found an even more powerful assault rifle with even more powerful upgrades and mods, and whether it be a room of 20 Geth or Husks or Mercenaries or whatever-the-hell-you-please... I would simply press 1 to activate whatever power that is that makes your shots 100% accurate and eliminates your weapon's ability to heat up (and lasts about 50 seconds), and proceed to just stand there and blast everything to hell and back while my teammates promptly fell over dead.

But even that was OK because all I had to do was press 3 and they'd be revived at full health and full shields!

And that last battle against Mecha-Saren was just stupid... The only challenge with that was moving my mouse fast enough to keep track of him. My Tsunamvengenado VVIIIIII with 3 kinds of aim-stabilising heat-dampening synthetic-raping modifications made ultra short work of him.

Game was easy mode, even on hardest difficulty. :???:

Uh, ok, that was lame. I 'already' finished Mass Effect... I was at the point where I'd escaped the Citadel and was ready to land at Ilos, and I thought to myself "I'm probably 40% or so of the way through the main storyline". How utterly wrong could I be? Before I knew it the credits were rolling... I even went so far as to pad the whole experience out by doing every little single side quest and mineral survey and all that crap, but it just felt so short! I've been tainted by KotOR!

I definitely warmed up to it towards the end though... I never got to Romance Ashley however, even though I did EVERYTHING necessary to achieve that, so I'm a bit bummed (not that I missed out on a sex scene, but because I wanted Ashley to be my character's love interest for the next game/s - hopefully you can continue romancing these folk in the next game). What's this 'new game plus' thing? I can't seem to get any good info on it... I think it lets me start a new game with all of my personal stats and character relations intact or something? Or just my stats? Or... what?

Game was a bit underwhelming overall. And what was so great about going to the Moon? I remember reading threads around release time and so many people were commenting on how awesome it was to go to the Moon and see Earth or something, but I just don't get what was so good about that. Initially, I thought that perhaps Mass Effect was set in some universe that was detached from Earth but that Earth existed in it as it is today... So like you go to the Moon and get to see Earth but you can't go there because our civilisation is still developing as it is today.

Anyway, looking forward to the next game, it seems they've really gone out of their way to try and fix the clunky poor feeling combat and weapons handling, and to try and spice up the planet / space exploration aspect to be something less than running around on randomly generated worlds searching for goddamn mineral deposits and exploring identical underground bases over and over and over and over.

*edit* I must say, they have created a nice 'world' for themselves with Mass Effect. But I was a little saddened that after reading 6 or 7 trillion Codex entries on space warfare and the various weapons and tactics involved, all I got was a 2 minute ultra-cheesy and poorly voiced / acted / choreographed 'battle' scene that lacked any decent punch. :cry:
I some how romanced Liana, even though I didn't even try.
I was like :oops: when she started coming onto me.

I some how romanced Liana, even though I didn't even try.
I was like :oops: when she started coming onto me.

I think if you go straight to her dig site after leaving the Citadel, you're pretty much guaranteed to get something out of her...

I didn't go to her until I'd completed every single other little side quest I was given at the same time (and gosh DARN there were a LOT!). So by doing that I eliminated any chance I had to get down and dirty with the space alien babe.

Ooohhh, you know what pissed me off the most though? The end... I HATE games where the only thing you can do after beating it is to reload a save game right at the last boss battle or whatever. Hot damn that is so lame. I wanted to go finish a few mineral surveys I missed :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you go straight to her dig site after leaving the Citadel, you're pretty much guaranteed to get something out of her...

I didn't go to her until I'd completed every single other little side quest I was given at the same time (and gosh DARN there were a LOT!). So by doing that I eliminated any chance I had to get down and dirty with the space alien babe.

Ooohhh, you know what pissed me off the most though? The end... I HATE games where the only thing you can do after beating it is to reload a save game right at the last boss battle or whatever. Hot damn that is so lame. I wanted to go finish a few mineral surveys I missed :cry:
Hmmm.
You prefer endings like TES where it never really end?

Game was easy mode, even on hardest difficulty. :???:
I found that some parts of the game still managed to be challenging (to different degrees) with different sorts of characters. For example, that area is pretty nasty for biotic-focused characters (even with good armor and max biotic shields, it would only take a few rockets to bring your player down). By contrast, the place with all the Thorians is ridiculously easy for biotic characters, but can be very challenging for soldier characters (especially if you get a little overconfident and run ahead too fast).

I found that some parts of the game still managed to be challenging (to different degrees) with different sorts of characters. For example, that area is pretty nasty for biotic-focused characters (even with good armor and max biotic shields, it would only take a few rockets to bring your player down). By contrast, the place with all the Thorians is ridiculously easy for biotic characters, but can be very challenging for soldier characters (especially if you get a little overconfident and run ahead too fast).

That's one of the reasons I chose to be an Infiltrator, I can still do loads of damage with my piston and sniper rifle, wear medium amour, and take down shields/weapons. There was really no situation with an Infiltrator that you aren't prepared for.
The only part I had any difficulty with was the planet with the mercs and dr. Took me *many* tries, but I finally beat it and I'm not sure choosing any other char would have made it any easier, since I tried with different party combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back