What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, brick walls are fun to break through. Most of the smaller objects, have weight to them, and thus have some physics properties.

But the spectators are really horrible. No audio aside, they do not react to you when you're about to crash into them. In fact, they're set in a fixed rotation of animation. Sometimes they will LEAN towards you, oblivious to their surroundings, even when you're about to crash into barrier they're standing behind. Minor complaint to some, but for such a visually polished game, I think they've skimmed a bit too much in this department.

Bugger. In GRID, the crowd seemed to react really well to your crashes... They'd back up a bit and yell and scream in awe, I really liked that.

Fermi's concurrent kernel execution may make physx quite interesting. it's yet to be seen but I guess it will make its use cheaper.

Playing around with Mirror's Edge also. What an original idea; feels completely "fresh". Only wish that I had a single gpu NV card that bests the 5870 so I can play around with Physx, though I'm not sure if I'm missing all that much.

If you want, you could throw some cash and buy a new/second-hand 9600GSO/8800GS/9600GT or the new GT240 and try 5870 for rendering + one of these cards as dedicated PhysX card.

http://physxinfo.com/news/942/hybrid-physx-mod-1-02-195-xx-drivers-and-win-xp-support/
http://physxinfo.com/news/1194/how-to-enable-hybrid-physx-on-single-monitor-guide/

Also, there isn't much in the way of Physx stuff in it...

IMO, Mirror's Edge and Batman:AA are the only two games worth buting the second the second card for Physx where its really more noticeable compared to other games. Again, just imo. :)

I'm playing nothing !
(Only electronic device I have atm is an iPhone 3GS)

What do I win ???

I've been playing Crysis, like actually trying to finish it.
Never really played more than a few mins to go 'ooh ahh' every now & then.
I saw some video of a 0 gee area with squiddy aliens flying around & decided I want to get there, also the whole ToD etc mods caught my interest.

Also played a spot of Halo1 PC last night, couldn't find a MP game with more than a couple of players but it bought back some good memories even though I was strongly sucking.

Played a quick Conquest: Frontier Wars skirmish vs AI the other day.
That game is so brilliant :D
The whole Support system, geosynchronous orbit base construction & Admirals helping fleets to behave a bit smarter really gets me going.
Also nice touches like progressive visual damage that is still sorely missing from most RTSes, swarms of tiny fighters & good level of uniqueness between races.

Its such a shame that it came out just as the great RTS trend was fading & that the engine/poly count was a bit dated, so its not widely known :cry:

Not really playing anything, more or less waiting for some new titles to become available.

Been spending some time with MW2 and unfortunately the game is a carbon copy of yester-year's blockbuster it still does have a good bit of entertainment value.

With ATI you can enable AO in Mirror's Edge. Just go into the TDengine.ini file in your document folder, and change the line "AmbientOcclusion" to true. You should notice a difference in the visuals. Even though the game is intentionally cartoony at times with its oversaturation and bloom, it can still look very photorealistic with AO on.

I've actually started playing Dead Space. I really like it so far but... honestly now... How do you fuck up the ported controls that badly? The mouse is too slow when you need to move fast, the movement keys override the mouse speed (horrible during combat), and trying to make fast turns might aswell be a non-existant notion. Forget about pinpoint accurate aiming or twitch reflexes.

262.gif

...Consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back