What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I finally got my own desktop again, after years of just using my work provided laptop. First game I tried on it was the Trine demo, which seems ok, but the humble 4350 graphics card in there (itls a little quiet Acer Aspire X1700 box with a quad core and 4GB) doesn't seem quite up to the task of getting the game to run smoothly. It runs decent enough though, at 1024x760 and high detail, but I don't think this desktop pc is going to challenge my PS3 gaming a lot very soon. Probably will be trying some older games on it that I missed earlier though.

Anyway, Trine seems ok, but the demo didn't quite convince me yet.

You could exchange that GPU for a cheap silent 4770 and then your PC would moonwalk all over your console. ;P

EDIT: 4350.. 64bit memory bus, 80stream processors, 4rops, 8 texture units... aint it weaker than a 7800GT? :eek:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-radeon,2218-6.html

Pefomance class said:
Nvidia 8500 GT, 9400 GT

ATI HD 4350, HD 4550

Way slower.. :eek:

Yeah, when I saw the 8GB bandwidth somewhere I already guessed as much. ;) The thing is though, this is a small form factor, quiet and energy efficient little machine. I'm not even sure I could fit in a different graphics card, and if I did, I would only take one that's still very quiet (no high-pitch whine allowed, I'm allergic to those!)

But I'll have a look-see if a 4770 fits in somehow (I do think I saw the graphics card not being on-board, so if the size is similar ... ), thanks for the tip!

I just played mirrors edge. It was fun, but a bit easy mostly and also I thought the color scheme got a bit eye searing. I have a broken thumb and a cast which added a little challenge, but I cannot imagine how easy it would have been if I could move my hand well.

I also thought the inability to jump with a gun was a bit silly I mean the ninja enemies or whatever jump around and they have guns... I do understand why they did it though. Also the PhysX was unuseable when I tried it b/c it was too slow, though it looked cool when it was on. I probably shoulf have spent more time (like any time at all) seeing if I could get it to work. 7/10 for trying something different I guess.

Bought Dawn of War II over the weekend as it was on offer on Steam for $24.99 as a weekend special. Great change to the franchise, really like what they did with it.

Stopped playing Dawn of War 2, Relic just can't balance it properly (it was the same for Company of Heroes) :(
Back to Guild Wars after several years, and it's FUN ! (I don't like Factions much, but Nightfall is great)

I returned to WoW, this time going playing Horde, again. It's like a breath of fresh air. I didn't enjoy my stint with the Alliance. Seemed PvP and PvE were equally disorganized. Horde kept running trains on us in PvP, even though Allies somehow manage to every time out-twink the Horde, yet still lose. And PvE....ugh..... I had more people either ninja log, drop groups in the middle of an instance, or go AFK until the party disbanded. I decided to make a Paladin. God knows what Blizzard was thinking when they made a class as OP as the Paladin. I was tired of being stomped by them, so I decided to do some stomping. The only flaw I've encountered so far is Paladin's lack instant strikes like most melee classes. Apparently the first, and only, instant strike you obtain is Crusader Strike, which is available at 50, provided you go full Retribution, which I'm planning on doing. So, without juggling a plethora of strikes and attacks, grinding is kind of mundane as you just auto-attack 90% of the time.

Anyway, I feel at home, again, amongst the Horde. It's almost......"cozy" feeling.

Bought Dawn of War II over the weekend as it was on offer on Steam for $24.99 as a weekend special. Great change to the franchise, really like what they did with it.

Yeah I bought it too. Seems like a fun game. Like someone said though mission difficulty seems to be screwy. I had to try one optional mission 5 times before completing it (3rd difficulty level).

It killed the game for me, so frustrating...:cry:
At times. But as with most games like this, there are ways to build your character that make the game extremely hard, and there are ways that make it very, very easy.

I personally found that the game was easiest if I played a biotic, especially later on. I also found that once you get colossus armor, almost the entire game becomes easy. Fortunately (or unfortunately), the colossus armor is relatively rare, and I haven't found it for my main character every time I've played through the game (I've played through it a good 6-10 times or so in total).

Yep... but i'm such a sore loser... getting kill because i can't stand the combat interface... I was like "Ok, i'm done with this thing".

Yep... but i'm such a sore loser... getting kill because i can't stand the combat interface... I was like "Ok, i'm done with this thing".
Hmm, interesting. I completely understand getting frustrated with a combat interface. I mean, I personally get really pissed off when stupid technical issues like a bad interface prevent me from doing what I want in the game.

But I felt like the interface that Mass Effect offered was quite intuitive and usable. Now, I did get frustrated at times, but that was more because the enemies I was fighting against were difficult than any difficulties I had with the interface.

Microsoft Train Simulator :D

Or could it be related to this :
"Steam News announces pre-purchases are now being accepted for 3000AD's long-gold sci-fi first-person shooter All Aspect Warfare as well as Angle of Attack, the AAW aerial combat spin-off. They offer a 10% discount for either and a 20% discount on both for those who purchase before August 10. In the meantime, a playable demo for each game is available on Steam,"

Finished up the new campaign portion in GoW2 and playing a lot of Horde on the new Dark Corners maps.

LOTRO, but trying to finish up NWN2's Storm of Zehir expansion. After which I'll probably buy Mysteries of Westgate and give that a whirl. Really looking forward to some of the stuff coming soon, though: Batman, Dragon Age, StarCraft 2, etc.

Two Worlds. I'm a level 69 archer. and this time I'm exploring every single inch of landscape before i go get the last 2 thingys for the thingy holder. nice relaxing game when you need to relax for an hour.

I've still only completed about 10% of GTA4.
Haven't finished Fallout 3 or downloaded any extras
Haven't finished Halo2 for unknown reasons.
Tried some NOLF1
Tried some Soldier of Fortune 1 (wonky graphics in vista....mine anyway.)

Haven't bought anything new in a while. Don't even know what games to look forward to. been busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back