What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it ?
Is it game changing or a small change like Gods & Kings ?
It is further refinement, but the new trade system, how culture victory has been changed and how certain social policies grant access to certain wonders changes the game greatly IMHO.

Also the new civs are pretty interesting. Venice is probably one of the most interesting where you cannot build settlers, and you only get to found 1 city. The rest have to be either won through conquest or bought with the unique Great Merchant replacement Merchant of Venice which can outright buy a city state as a consumptive action.

Weekend so I can play some more and currently I'm mixing Euro Truck Simulator 2 + Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

I'm almost at the end of CoJ and this is the best Wild West game I've ever played and the story telling is done perfectly. There are twists and fun moments plus a lot of very good shooting! KB+Mouse works a treat and it feels very much like in Rage with super low input latency. It simply is like in good old Quacke where reaction times and accuracy were at premium!
Not to mention this game is very pretty for a console port and runs at constant 60FPS v-synced.

Some SS: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...westfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Regarding Euro Truck, it is what is says on the tin. Not thrilling but still the best truck simulator there is on the market. I'm pleased with it :)

Bought 40m gold on the Diablo 3 AH with $1 and redid my monk's build. Which made the class fun to play again, so I've been doing random public groups with her.

Usually in the evening, around 7 EST. We play for a few hours, weekends are traditionally different. I'm usually on during the day.

Ok, well my username on Steam is Frobozz, what's yours? I guess if we happen to be on at the same time then cool I can join in. I finished the Tiny Tina dlc and tried a mission it gives you afterwards where you have to kill some dragons, and I get smoked on that one. I guess that mission is meant for a full team.

EDIT: Duh forgot to check your user data here, I just saw your Steam name listed there. I'll friend you next time I'm on.

What!!
I did more than that in 8 days

Lol, yeah I don't game a whole lot anymore.

Just discover DayZ. This game has so much potential.

It's awesome at exploring (if you don't use the net to get a map), gathering (looting), but there's not crafting yet, neither a "goal".
(Surviving longest is surprisingly easy once you've got a little gear, you never need to go into town anymore and can just survive in the while hunting animals, drinking from lakes...)

Ok, well my username on Steam is Frobozz, what's yours? I guess if we happen to be on at the same time then cool I can join in. I finished the Tiny Tina dlc and tried a mission it gives you afterwards where you have to kill some dragons, and I get smoked on that one. I guess that mission is meant for a full team.

EDIT: Duh forgot to check your user data here, I just saw your Steam name listed there. I'll friend you next time I'm on.

Lol, yeah I don't game a whole lot anymore.

I look forward to it! Speaking of Borderlands 2, last night I did some tweaks to try and resolve the god-awful FSAA, and found a guide that showed me how to force SGSSAA x8, with FXAA disabled. It looks stellar.

I look forward to it! Speaking of Borderlands 2, last night I did some tweaks to try and resolve the god-awful FSAA, and found a guide that showed me how to force SGSSAA x8, with FXAA disabled. It looks stellar.

Screenshots please ! B3D screenshot thread is just dead, what happened to the old days of screenshot sharing ? :cool:

Screenshots please ! B3D screenshot thread is just dead, what happened to the old days of screenshot sharing ? :cool:

Actually, I scrapped the SGSSAA, due to the immense performance hit I wound up taking by tuning the AA that high. Instead, I'm running SweetFx now, a third party application, which enhances the game's vibrance, while at the same time forcing SMAA, which can be adjusted through a configuration and looks a hell of a lot better than FXAA, with no stupid screen blur. I plan on posting screens!

We kind of hit a wall in BL2 the other day. Dresden is now level 50 and I'm 56, meaning we can't play Ultimate mode together without both getting creamed since all enemies level to the highest level player, and also become twice as powerful with 2 players!
So now I'm waiting for Dresden to hit ~55 so we can start loot hunting in Pandora again.

I hope they majorly rebalance Ultimate mode in a later update, even if I have to pay for it. They need a better system than just "scale enemies to highest level player". Maybe enemies could be an average of player levels, or maybe they don't become twice as powerful when a lower level player joins... that would be good.

We kind of hit a wall in BL2 the other day. Dresden is now level 50 and I'm 56, meaning we can't play Ultimate mode together without both getting creamed since all enemies level to the highest level player, and also become twice as powerful with 2 players!
So now I'm waiting for Dresden to hit ~55 so we can start loot hunting in Pandora again.

I hope they majorly rebalance Ultimate mode in a later update, even if I have to pay for it. They need a better system than just "scale enemies to highest level player". Maybe enemies could be an average of player levels, or maybe they don't become twice as powerful when a lower level player joins... that would be good.

I'm 54 now! My eyes hurt from a weekend of blasting people with guns that shoot acid and fire. I eventually killed the warrior, I one-shotted him when I woke up on Sunday, and he dropped Conference Call. Which is insane. I'm actually a little surprised. UVHM is easier than I anticipated. I ransacked Flynt like nobody's business and killed War-d3n in one go by just sniping him. However, Sirens kind of make the game easy. I literally have an ability that slags enemies making them much weaker. And an ability that creates a corrosive cloud. So if I'm using a fire/electrical weapon, I'm literally using 3/4 of the elemental abilities.

Still waiting for some screens please ! :) I play on the ps3, btw, my siren is level 25 , but frankly I get bored now. The game felt like the best game ever for the first few hours but it starts becoming a grind soon.

Yes in a way it's like Diablo as far as the grind and loot, but that's actually one of the bigger appealing aspects of it. If you're not into those kind of grinds then get what you can from the game and move on. Just doing the main campaign and all the DLC alone is easily 100-150 hours.

I just don't get much time to play unfortunately and I'm going through some of the DLC in Normal mode first as I'm at the right level for them.

Yes in a way it's like Diablo as far as the grind and loot, but that's actually one of the bigger appealing aspects of it. If you're not into those kind of grinds then get what you can from the game and move on. Just doing the main campaign and all the DLC alone is easily 100-150 hours.

I just don't get much time to play unfortunately and I'm going through some of the DLC in Normal mode first as I'm at the right level for them.

Well, I don't get bored of Torchlight 2. Thereare some differences there, biggest being the amount and variety of loot. First, there's too much loot around you :D, but having two inventories, your own and your pet's manages it and the fact that u can send ur pet to sell off extra loot anytime helps a lot. The second point is, there is a lot of variety ! BL2 just gives u guns ( well and grenades and class mods) but in TL2 my playstyle changes every 20 minutes. I switch over from guns to wands to staffs, to warhammers, to swords to brawling knuckles every half an hour !!! I can do it cos the game lets me do it by dropping stuff at every corner and that keeps me from getting bored and makes me glued to the game. And then there are helmets, armours, boots, gloves , rings etc all can add special abilities to ur character.

BL 2 is a great shooter but doesn't spice up things now and then. Initially it felt as if I had found shooter paradise but gradually it has boiled down to depleting the health bars over whatever is on screen at the moment. I mean, my Siren could make phaselocks when I started and she still makes phaselocks ! A bit more damage, longer duration maybe, spawns some health too, yeah, but its still the same purple sphere to capture enemies. After so much grinding I expect brighter fireworks :>) with combinations of extras to add to it. I mean why can't I combine my phaselock with my fire grenade ? Why can't my grenades spawn multiple phaselocks ? Why can't my friend's turrets automatically target my phaselocked enemies? Why can't my gun shoot laser beams? Why can't I rain lava or somethingfrom my gun? Its all higher damage guns against enemies with longer health bars. Where is the jazz ? :p

I don't know, it lacks some special sauce . Mybe a variety in enemy behaviour or a lack of variety incharacter abilities.

Started playing FTL and what a silly game it is!
I mean, it's so hard initially and so annoying without letting you create checkpoint save! On top of that graphics looks straight from Amiga 500 days and sounds are not much better.

Yet regardless of that I can't stop playing it and thinking how to beat this game :p
This game is not recommended for nervous people as you might eat your keyboard or throw computer/laptop out of the WindowsTM!

PS. I bought Skyrim but I'm scared to even launch it. It seems to be a huge time sink and time is something I must use for other matters at the moment ...

Yes there's definitely not as much loot and character slot variety as Torchlight or Diablo and that does limit its loot excitement. There is however a large variety of weapon types. Not just between AR, Pistol, SMG etc. but within each type. And that is a part I find great about BL2. I usually carry around 8 or so guns, 3 or 4 grenade types, 2 or 3 shields etc. I'm able to adjust to each zone and type of enemy I'm fighting to maximize lethality and efficiency.

The unique class abilities are something of an enigma. It's true you only get one main ability for each class but the 3 trees and various abilities within those trees really change how you play each class. As I find different class equipment I might change my skill tree layout as well as it's very cheap to reset your skill points.

And having multiple phaselocks would put the game in yawn-mode. The Siren is already the easiest solo class.

Thanx to Humble bundle everyone and their neighbour has Dead space 3 now :p !

BTW, the screen space reflection look really good ! The game is a looker in most parts.

Finished Saints Row IV. Gloriously silly, yet incredibly clever game. The game throws gallons of shit at the wall, and amazingly enough, most of it actually sticks.

I bought PayDay 2 with two other friends...and it is quite fun to play together.

Form a gameplay perspective, it reminds me of Left4Dead with an additional RPG light component.

We are just at the beginning, so far very fun and good coop action.

For 30 Euro it is not cheap, but not particular expensive either.

So overall, goody woody :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back