What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing Skyrim. First "new" game in a WHILE. I'm a Nord and wannabee archer/thief as usual for me in RPG's, first time out. I have a problem with playing as a bug or lizard or cat or poindexter (elf). I'm hoping I will excel like I did in Oblivion on the same principles. I also hope archery was as good as Oblivion.

Aside from that, I plan to start Two Worlds 2 soon as well. (New GPU).

Oh! BTW.. Farming Simulator is surprisingly good.

Also...Has anyone had any troublex activating Two Worlds 2? How did you solve it? I'm totally wadded up kleenex on this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone played Spec Ops The Line? This one has been sitting in my steam library for a while now and I just fired it up. Seems ok, but it's not screaming "complete me!". Does it get more interesting later?

Has anyone played Spec Ops The Line? This one has been sitting in my steam library for a while now and I just fired it up. Seems ok, but it's not screaming "complete me!". Does it get more interesting later?

Yes, the story is worth finishing. Gameplay doesn't really change much but it is worth finishing.

For the story, yes! Gameplay doesn't change unfortunately...

Spec Ops: The Line was actually considered game of the year 2012 by some, because of the storyline alone.
It's a worthy title to play through the end, IMO.

Trying to play Hitman Absolution actually put me off from playing PC games for the last month or so.
The stupid checkpoint save system that will only save the main target kills and not the achievements, along with flawed gameplay (can't subdue targets that are in stairs without getting "discovered"?!) and AI (bad guys "seeing" me through walls when I'm 3 rooms away) make the game extremely frustrating, and not enjoyable at all.

That and the forgettable plot made me quit the game halfway, which I only remember doing once when I quit playing Alan Wake after some 6 hours of pointing lights to ghosts/monsters/whatever and a plot that insisted on making no sense.

Now I'm on Crysis 3.
Crysis is exactly what one would expect it to be. It's the xtra large bacon triple-cheeseburger that tastes really good now and then. Spectacular graphics, decent gameplay and little else.
I'm loving it (pun intended).

Also...Has anyone had any troublex activating Two Worlds 2? How did you solve it? I'm totally wadded up kleenex on this issue.

I had probs with two worlds 1 had to pm a mod on their forum
cue many emails of
Me "the u.k phone line to register the game isnt working"
Mod "yes it it"
Me "I am refering to the u.k phone line"
Mod "yes its working fine"
Me "you sure your not gettin g mixed up with the european phone line"
mod "no"
many similar emails later
Mod "oh you mean the u.k phone line"

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?40927-Activation-Code-Doesn-t-Work-Can-t-Contact-By-Phone&

PLaying ALan Wake these days that I got from the HUmble Bundle sale. Seems okay to me. Lot of atmosphere, nothing much to explore and too much talking and text ! Just let me play in that wonderful world !

I had probs with two worlds 1 had to pm a mod on their forum
cue many emails of
Me "the u.k phone line to register the game isnt working"
Mod "yes it it"
Me "I am refering to the u.k phone line"
Mod "yes its working fine"
Me "you sure your not gettin g mixed up with the european phone line"
mod "no"
many similar emails later
Mod "oh you mean the u.k phone line"

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?40927-Activation-Code-Doesn-t-Work-Can-t-Contact-By-Phone&

lol... THREE CHEERS FOR DRM!!

Not sure if I should buy Deadpool. Seems to be funny as hell, but the reviews are mediocre at best. Did someone already test if out?

Ghost Recon Future Soldier
decided to have a quick 10 minutes but noticed all my saves had disappeared (damm you uplay)
so I'm replaying the campaign and quite enjoying it.

Not sure if I should buy Deadpool. Seems to be funny as hell, but the reviews are mediocre at best. Did someone already test if out?

Played it over at a friend's house. The game is hilarious if you don't take it seriously (the game doesn't take itself serious).

The game will offend you if you do take it seriously. At one point Deadpool comments on the size of a woman's breasts after she gets impaled on a rebar. :p It sounds more offensive than it actually is. As I said, the game (and Deadpool) doesn't really take anything seriously.

The game also doesn't have much replay value and the length is only average. Combat is decent.

For 40 USD, it isn't a bad deal, IMO. Get it cheaper than that and it'd be easy to recommend for fans of Marvel Superheroes. Still, as I said, 40 USD isn't bad for what you get. At 60 USD, I probably wouldn't recommend it, but 40? Might be worth it.

Regards,
SB

Playing Doom 3 with sikkmod and the quality of visuals is just astounding :oops: ! The level in Alpha labs with that scientist walking infront of you with a lamp : that level with soft shadows and SSIL is beyond words !!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted, due to a series of time consuming events that have taken place recently. Alas, I'm alive. Trying to get back into the swing of gaming. I've been playing BF3 lately, trying to hone my skills for the upcoming addition of the fourth installment. I've also been keeping a keen eye on the upcoming games, and the PC gods will probably smite me for saying this, but I'm pretty interested in the PS4, namely for Destiny, which I've been drooling over. However, if it's debuts on PC, my heightened interest in one of the next gen consoles will dissipate. I'm also planning on upgrading my GPU, soon. I'm thinking about ditching the two dedicated cards for SLI and trying a single card with dual GPU's, hopefully a 790 will release so I can grab it. I'm still trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to just wait for the Maxwell chips when the 800 series is launched. I was hoping someone could possibly offer me some advice. I still see some B3D members playing BF3, which is awesome. I'm afraid to join some of you, because of your level of pro which I cannot compete with.

Hey man! Hope everything's going well.

I think a single GTX780 should be great for just about everything. About as fast as your twin 580s, with double the VRAM and no AFR. What res is your monitor?
If you decide to upgrade later on, you could just add another 780 (it should be around for a while, don't expect the high end Maxwell until this time next year at the earliest).

Played it over at a friend's house. The game is hilarious if you don't take it seriously (the game doesn't take itself serious).

The game will offend you if you do take it seriously. At one point Deadpool comments on the size of a woman's breasts after she gets impaled on a rebar. :p It sounds more offensive than it actually is. As I said, the game (and Deadpool) doesn't really take anything seriously.

The game also doesn't have much replay value and the length is only average. Combat is decent.

For 40 USD, it isn't a bad deal, IMO. Get it cheaper than that and it'd be easy to recommend for fans of Marvel Superheroes. Still, as I said, 40 USD isn't bad for what you get. At 60 USD, I probably wouldn't recommend it, but 40? Might be worth it.

Regards,
SB

Thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back