What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been pushing my PC to the limit with Hearthstone. I can't believe how fun this game is. It is one of the few games I have played that makes me feel like a little kid again. All this week I have stayed up too late telling myself "Ok, just one more game then I am off to bed ..."

Argh! Damn you for being in the BETA and me not being in the BETA. :) I keep checking my mail to see if I get a BETA invite, but nope, not yet. Grrrrr...

Regards,
SB

Started playing Tomb Raider tonight. My god what a visual feast it is. The detail, fantastic lighting, one of the best DoF I've seen. Playing it maxed out without TressFX and it's just gorgeous.

I've been playing Dragon Age 2 for about 17 hours and I'm liking it. No complaints really, I don't even mind the camera anymore as I feel I can see enough even without the isometric view. I'm not claiming it's as good as the first one, but certainly 8 dollars well spent!

I went and picked it up for $20. A few hours in and I think it's pretty good. Seems a step down in quality from the first one but given the super short development that's no surprise. Also the graphics are pathetic..

It probably would have been better received if they hadn't called it Dragon Age 2.

Started playing Tomb Raider tonight. My god what a visual feast it is. The detail, fantastic lighting, one of the best DoF I've seen. Playing it maxed out without TressFX and it's just gorgeous.

You're not wrong there. Probably the best looking game I've ever played until Crysis 3 and even that it wasn't that clear cut.

You should see it in 3D, it's insane!

I went and picked it up for $20. A few hours in and I think it's pretty good. Seems a step down in quality from the first one but given the super short development that's no surprise. Also the graphics are pathetic..

Not that it's really a game changer, but have you downloaded the high resolution texture pack? I noticed that it's available in the game's DLC menu among some other DLC pack that gave me some gear.

Some places look better than others and I wasn't expecting this to have great graphics so I've basically been ok with them :)

Played some BF3 online the last two days. Found new fun with my single shot sniper in hardcore.

I also was surprised how much BF4 graphics look in comparison (I play BF3 basically at ultra). Now I can't wait until the BF4 beta begins...

The DA2 texture pack made a pretty major difference IMO. The game doesn't look half bad now.

It really is a fun and funny game :). Haven't been hooked like this since Skyrim.

got "mark of the ninja"... and my gamepads aint supported right - buttons are wrong, actually no gamepad is support beside the XBox controller I guess.
Dont have the time and patience anymore to mess around with this crap :rolleyes:

The DA2 texture pack made a pretty major difference IMO. The game doesn't look half bad now.

It really is a fun and funny game :). Haven't been hooked like this since Skyrim.

Yeah it helped here as well :) I've been putting pretty good hours into it. I'm at 33h now. I think I still have some ways to go. I've done most of the side quests and tasks so far. I have to read up after I've finished whether some events are set in stone or whether the player can change them by some actions and how that possibly changes the experience.

Hmm. I wonder if Two Worlds 2 is any good?, it's been buried in my Steam library for a long time...

What's wrong with xinput and the x360 gamepad?

Ever since xinput became standard in PC gaming, everything works like a breeze in every single game that is meant to be played with a gamepad.
And the x360 gamepad is rock solid, very ergonomic and mine is still pretty good after hundreds of hours of usage.
The only drawback I know of is the dpad being bad for fighting games.. but I couldn't care less about fighting games.

I'm playing Batman Arkham City atm. It's great but not quite as good as I was expecting from the reviews. Feels pretty similar to Assassins Creed IMO but not quite as tight.

Ever since xinput became standard in PC gaming, everything works like a breeze in every single game that is meant to be played with a gamepad.

And when Direct Input was the standard in PC gaming, everything worked like a breeze in every single game that was meant to be played with a gamepad.
And trust Microsoft to make a gamepad that isnt fully backwards compatible with older windows games

I just finished Dragon Age 2. Game info on Origin says 40h, but my last save says about 37.5h for the total playtime. I have to say I enjoyed it from start to the end. Now I'll just have figure out what to play next...

I just finished Dragon Age 2. Game info on Origin says 40h, but my last save says about 37.5h for the total playtime. I have to say I enjoyed it from start to the end. Now I'll just have figure out what to play next...

I was going to say that Dragon Age Inquisition shouldn't take too long to come out now, but it seems the game's been postponed until Q3'2014.
I knew there was a delay but damn, that was almost another year.

2014 will be strong on WRPGs with Witcher 3 and DA: Inquisition. Unlike 2013.

I was going to say that Dragon Age Inquisition shouldn't take too long to come out now, but it seems the game's been postponed until Q3'2014.
I knew there was a delay but damn, that was almost another year.

2014 will be strong on WRPGs with Witcher 3 and DA: Inquisition. Unlike 2013.

Yeah next year is going to be incredibly strong. Only just now watched the recent PAX footage of Inquisition and wow that didn't look bad at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back