We're Back

Still DNS problems for me as well. I don't have any problems at home, but at the university I still get the "Problems encountered, working on it. Be back asap... " page (even after Ctrl+F5)...

Edit: Hmm, doesn't work at home again either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just made it back on to the forums today. Not sure why it took so long. Maybe it was my ISP. I noticed b3d forums were working after I changed the pci slot of my tv tuner card - but don't think that was it, as the upstairs computer wasn't working either. Anyways happy to be back as I enjoy lurking here.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something weird going on with the forum clock...
Right now it says that it's about 13.41, eventhough it really is 12.59, while I'm typing this. I noticed it was correct few days ago, but then the forum clock started slowly to go into the future... First I noticed when the difference was about 5 mins, two days ago it was maybe 20-25min and now it's 40min.

There is something weird going on with the forum clock...
Right now it says that it's about 13.41, eventhough it really is 12.59, while I'm typing this. I noticed it was correct few days ago, but then the forum clock started slowly to go into the future... First I noticed when the difference was about 5 mins, two days ago it was maybe 20-25min and now it's 40min.
We know. It's a Linux kernel bug that we've found the workaround for--should be fixed sometime in the next day or two.

We're on a new clock source now (as of about 1/2 hr ago), so hopefully that is behind us.

1/2 hr ago from the post time of that post. We kept the system down about 40 mins to let real time catch up with the previous not-so-real time.

Checked your CP settings? Timestamps on posts are fine here. Even handled yesterday's DST Correction option (winter time is the 'standard' time for the GMT reference point).

DST didn't happen here yet, they rescheduled it to November this year apparently. (Me and the wife had a bit of confusion with that this morning. I had Bubbles set wrong so I was an hour behind and convinced I was right.... :oops: )

Well that might certainly be why your clock is wrong then, no? If they've altered the way DST is handled in your timezone that might have tricked out the automatic DST correction in vBulletin.

So it looks like the forums are going into the future again...
Ah, I see. Didn't notice (for some reason I imagined that it suddenly had jumped significantly off, and erroneously connected that to DST). Probably someone just needs to configure the time synchronization settings properly for the server.

More importantly, what time is it in England now then and has Top Gear aired yet? :|

Whoah I didn't even know that the season 10 had started!! thank you forum clock malfunction and Digi! :LOL: Now it's time to get some beauty sleep and once I wake up I'll have 3 episodes faster than I'll take my morning crap...

Back