Wardevil resurfaces..

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
That looks like a screen from the DEMO they showed last year.
Kinda hard to tell from that shot, wish we had some footage. Heavy Rain on the other hand looks amazing.

I've never seen anything 1080(p) in real life but those playsyde pics Titanio linked give an idea of the sharpness you'll see at those resolutions (stating the bloody obvious!). Shame I'm not digging the art on the lead character.

slider said:
I've never seen anything 1080(p) in real life but those playsyde pics Titanio linked give an idea of the sharpness you'll see at those resolutions (stating the bloody obvious!).

I'd say these are touched up tbh. IGN I think mentioned from the developers that the trailer doesn't have AA at the moment, so it wouldn't be as clean as these pics indicate, i don't think. Though downscaled to 720p would introduce some AA.

Actually, scaling down 1080p to 720p should have about the same effect as scaling down 720p to 480p. The latter is what happened with the first FF13 pics, and those were also very clean (so much so to mislead some people ;)). Still, they could of course be touched up as well. We won't know until we see a real gameplay sequence on video.

Titanio said:
I'd say these are touched up tbh. IGN I think mentioned from the developers that the trailer doesn't have AA at the moment, so it wouldn't be as clean as these pics indicate, i don't think. Though downscaled to 720p would introduce some AA.

Yeah, now you mention it...

The third pic along (the close-up of the dark haired guy's head) has some funny aliasing on the hair. But the others have that blurry downscaling thing going on.

I saw a video of this last night and was thoroughly unimpressed. The whole thing was flat and dull where previous videos were articulate and fascinating. And then there's the whole gameplay topic which usually works against rookie developers.

Back