Virtua Fighter 5 Site up

If you really want to know... I WILL HOOK YOU UP.

Thanks mate, appreciated.

Dr Evil hit in on the head saying that VF might be .001% more realistic. If you've never actually fought in a ring, it goes like this. Between fights you practise your technique and your strategy and you prepare to get better. In the ring you have to stay cool enough to apply your technique and your strategy and you actually get better. Rinse repeat. IMO, Virtua Fighter has the closest balance of this to real life.

Real life experience early on, Judo from 3-10 and then in my late student years some Kung Fu. Have a number of books on different fighting styles, and of course have watched a lot of movies, generally being fairly able to separate fact from fiction. ;)

Someone can jump in and legitamitly beat you with only a handful of basic moves. They can win on just timing and judgement. I personally think VF conveys the rythm of this closet to real life, but truthfully it happens in any good fighting game.

Agreed. It all starts with timing. The Kung Fu style I practiced for a short while (Wing Tsun) was great on this, as it was very practically oriented, working with universities to find the most efficient ways for all sorts of things. Partly because its original philosophy was that it had to work for women, elderly and diseased too. Impressive was its detailed analysis of the different fighting styles, pointing out effective parts and weak parts, and the things that have always stayed with me were how to learn to tense only the muscles that help the movement you want to make rather than all of the muscles in, say, your arm, thereby partly holding yourself back.

If you understand Tekken's hi/mid/low hit/minor counter/majorcounter then you are there. VF is EXACTLY the same. It feels stiff compared to Tekken for a number of reasons. First the attack strings are shorter and less numerous. So you are less likely to miss a button and still get an effective attack, or even get a combo totally be accident. Second, the input buffer in the game system is a good bit shorter, and a has can be manually cleared.

Manually cleared, that's interesting. Can you give an example of how that works precisely, and in what kind of move/sequence?

Third, the game is much faster than it looks. In therms of frame advantages and descicion making it a solid step away from Tekken. VF has a well deserved reputatation for it's steep learning curve.

Yes, I did notice it was speedy (I have VF4, but borrowed it to someone who lost it - I might get Evo, or of course wait for VF5)

The Characters in VF are an aquired taste. They are lame and goofy, but they are wrongly accused of being generic. They really grow on you. The character roster in VF is famous for it's enormous Variety. You are familiar with Tekken recylced characters and amalgam characters like Jin/Devil Jin, Kazuya+Jun=Jin, Law ~ Lee.

I understand - though I have to say I like how Jin disavowed the Mishima fighting style, and learnt Karate instead. He has since become one of the hottest fighters in the game (as you probably know). And in general you can see the characters develop giving them a little more uniqueness. But it is true, there are a whole bunch of 'relatives' in the game. Still, especially the newer characters have been very unique. I also really like how Devil Jin can combine Jin's uppercut with a juggle where he grabs the opponent mid-air and smashes him down. That's a juggle I can deal with mentally, Jin already having Wings and all. ;)

I will talk your goddamn ear off about it. =)
VF4 came up in popularity for two main reasons. Tekken 4 created a massive backlash and VF4 Came to PS2. VF introduced every feature that appears in Tekken and to this day has many more. When Tekken attempted to leapfrog VF was Tekken 4. It was valient but it did not work. They backpedalled and now Tekken 5 is basicly just Tekken 3 again.
Tekken is a fine game and it's all the same shit as VF. There's alot to learn in Tekken but you will find yourself hitting a plateua sooner than you would with VF. Play VF when and if you ever desire "more of everthing".

I do feel that does the current state of Tekken a slight injustice, but maybe I'm wrong. However, Tekken 5 is definitely not Tekken 3. The characters have developed too much for that, and there's a number of things in the standard movelists that Tekken 3 didn't have either.

I think juggling is a good metaphore for an ctual combination in the real life ring.
Sometimes you catch a clean hit and 2 or three more just fall down on you. The effect is "what the hell was that... I couldn't defnd myself" Truth is you could have defended yourself by avoiding that first clean hit that opened you up. Jugling is a fantastic mechanic andtrust me nodoy ececutes a 75% damage juggle on me without EARNING it. In any game.

I agree with you that there is something similar in reality, but then why not use that in the game instead? I'm very happy in that respect with how Tekken is developing, with several different levels of staggering introduced (blows that knock you unconscious for a brief second, make you lose your breath, make you lose your balance for a brief moment), and different moves and grapples seemlessly connecting to each other.

I would be very happy to see that replace kicks that lift you 2 meters or more into the air, maybe with some added features like if you land a certain punch that takes out that arm for a certain period of time, or requiring a certain move combination (for, say, restoring disjointed limbs).

I could go into all that if you want but suffice to say I play alot and I only use double breaks and sidestep/guard. The system is called "option select defense" and it's really really intense once you learn to use it. A player who can option select against a player who cant is just abolute slaughter.

I'd like to learn more about that. Maybe you can explain it to me by comparing the different escape and take-over options present in Tekken?

Command attack mode. Never seen it but there's an extremely robust trainging mode in VF4/Evo that suprisingly goes into pretty high-level techniques, including option select defense. Try it. Evo is available tor ten dollars. The Single player game in both 4 ad Evo are bar none the best I have ever seen in a fighting game. If you like fighting games just get it. Don't worry about getting stumped, I can answer most questions. Seems like Vysez may be able to as well.

I had VF4, but maybe I'll get me Evo again, if I can't wait for VF5, which I might give a shot then. ;) I have a feeling that Tekken 6 will take longer and this time we won't get a Tekken Tag (2) at launch.

Command Attack is actually a bonus game but it is good fun and a great way to get to know the characters. Which helps as much for fighting with, as against them, I'm noticing by the way.

Manually cleared, that's interesting. Can you give an example of how that works precisely, and in what kind of move/sequence? [/QUOTE]

Any tap of the guard button clears the input buffer. It wipes the slate so that you don't get unwanted moves. For example; ever character (excepet Lei Fei) has a standard p,p,(p) string. That first left jab is very desirable to keep out there. The second hit is usually a rear jab, strait or other higher commited move. Players early on learn to not just push punch, but to slide punch then guard (p~g) every time they jab. The guard clears the buffer. Now you can cue another left jab in the buffer, where normally it would fire off the second hit of the p,p string. That's a basic example of how it's used. And also a good example of why the game can be almost impossible for button mashers. When they are hitting guard (randomly) 1/3rd of the time, they are always cleaning the buffer so fewer accidental long strings. =) It goes further of course and plays a role in defense.

I understand - though I have to say I like how Jin disavowed the Mishima fighting style, and learnt Karate instead.

I was really optimistic of Tekken 4 when it came out and I liked playing it alot. I especially liked the Jin reconstruction you refer to. However word got out quick about how broken he was. =(

I do feel that does the current state of Tekken a slight injustice, but maybe I'm wrong. However, Tekken 5 is definitely not Tekken 3. The characters have developed too much for that, and there's a number of things in the standard movelists that Tekken 3 didn't have either.

My point is that they tried to do some really new stuff in Tekken 4 but they had to backtrack to Tekken 3 and pick up where they left off there for Teken 5. The same thing happened with VF4. VF3 tried some new things with mixed results. They had to backtrack to VF2 and evolve VF4 from that.

Tekken 5 is a big update on Tekken 3 no doubt. There's alot added there in terms of peripheal stuff. But the core engine is closer to Tekken 3 than Tekken 4. I'd say you get a very similar experience playing Tekken 3 and 5. To put it another way, consider how easily a Tekken 3 player would adapt to Tekken 5. They'd get used some new moves and maybe learn some of the wall mechanics and call it a day. I know that's what I did!!

I agree with you that there is something similar in reality, but then why not use that in the game instead?

Sensationalism. It's a game. Daytona USA has fun-house physics but they replicate the on-the-edge feeling of flogging a fast car.

I'd like to learn more about that. Maybe you can explain it to me by comparing the different escape and take-over options present in Tekken?

Here it's probably best not to get TOO far into it. To give you an idea I would just say that alot of Tekken's defensive techniques (ie: tackle reversal or chicken) are sort of ancillery stuff that you use in particular situations. The advanced defensive techniques in VF become part of the core game and are going on constantly.

Not to mention some of the systems are more complicated, period. For example, Tekken has 3 possible throw breaks and every character has has all three in their arsenal. VF has 9 possible throw breaks with each character having 3-9 possible in their arsenal. In Tekken you can choose one ot the thre throw breaks. In VF you can choose up to 3 throwbreaks simulateously. Just going by the numbers you see that the throwing system in VF is more robust. And it shows as throw play a much bigger part than in Tekken.

And a note! Don't be so impressed by King's chain throws. They take up space in your brain. They drive off low level players and mid/high level players break them with impunity. For all the flash, King has two throws that matter: The tombstone and the wishbone. You can count the giant swing but they kind of nerfed that in tekken 3 onwards.

Any tap of the guard button clears the input buffer. It wipes the slate so that you don't get unwanted moves. For example; ever character (excepet Lei Fei) has a standard p,p,(p) string. That first left jab is very desirable to keep out there. The second hit is usually a rear jab, strait or other higher commited move. Players early on learn to not just push punch, but to slide punch then guard (p~g) every time they jab. The guard clears the buffer. Now you can cue another left jab in the buffer, where normally it would fire off the second hit of the p,p string. That's a basic example of how it's used.

Ah, gotcha. That's useful, though I imagine it is also partly a necessity because of the way Virtua Fighter works, right? In Tekken you have a unique button assigned to each arm. You do have combos like reverse punch with Nina which gives you a double right-left slap, but if you just want to do two right slaps, you release the reverse button and repeat, instead of reverse and double tap.

I was really optimistic of Tekken 4 when it came out and I liked playing it alot. I especially liked the Jin reconstruction you refer to. However word got out quick about how broken he was. =(

Well, he's not broken now, I'm sure ...

My point is that they tried to do some really new stuff in Tekken 4 but they had to backtrack to Tekken 3 and pick up where they left off there for Teken 5. The same thing happened with VF4. VF3 tried some new things with mixed results. They had to backtrack to VF2 and evolve VF4 from that.

Ok, gotcha.

Tekken 5 is a big update on Tekken 3 no doubt. There's alot added there in terms of peripheal stuff. But the core engine is closer to Tekken 3 than Tekken 4. I'd say you get a very similar experience playing Tekken 3 and 5. To put it another way, consider how easily a Tekken 3 player would adapt to Tekken 5. They'd get used some new moves and maybe learn some of the wall mechanics and call it a day. I know that's what I did!!

But still the fights have a lot more depth in Tekken 5, because of very clever tweaking of the characters. I think many people have missed out on them because like in VF, there are now many more unique properties among the different fighters, whereas the big changes in Tekken 4 happened to all the characters.

Sensationalism. It's a game. Daytona USA has fun-house physics but they replicate the on-the-edge feeling of flogging a fast car.

I know, but it's also about making choices. I am hoping that one day either one of the franchises completely reinvents itself, or we get a new franchise. The power of the new generation of consoles makes an aweful lot more possible, as we are seeing in projects like the Indiana Jones one. While I'm not convinced yet that is currently good enough to replace a Tekken or a VF, I certainly think that's where the two will move to. Just as you see the nice animations when defending characters fend off the different attacks already in fairly good detail - in the end it's just much less work if you can let the computer calculate the response dynamically rather than have all these different pre-set animations. In that sense I'm slightly less bothered by the flashes that indicate you hit and how well, but at the same time I could see myself preferring them to be replaced by an indication of pain on the fighter, or something similar.

Here it's probably best not to get TOO far into it. To give you an idea I would just say that alot of Tekken's defensive techniques (ie: tackle reversal or chicken) are sort of ancillery stuff that you use in particular situations. The advanced defensive techniques in VF become part of the core game and are going on constantly.

In Tekken you now have a lot of permanent or temporary stances and moves that put you out of reach of certain attacks-in-progress, and allow you to strike from there. This is what, to me, is the most interesting about Tekken currently, although I'm not nearly good enough yet, and I'm annoyed with the AI which does rely on combos a fair bit (which I don't mind except when they are juggles ;) ).

Not to mention some of the systems are more complicated, period. For example, Tekken has 3 possible throw breaks and every character has has all three in their arsenal. VF has 9 possible throw breaks with each character having 3-9 possible in their arsenal. In Tekken you can choose one ot the thre throw breaks. In VF you can choose up to 3 throwbreaks simulateously. Just going by the numbers you see that the throwing system in VF is more robust. And it shows as throw play a much bigger part than in Tekken.

Ok, there I don't know much about, I have to admit. Throw breaks I only know the basic one, and then certain special combos appear to have their individual throw breaks - at least, that's what I thought, that the break combo was limited to the specific throw, except of course the basic throws all can be broken in the same way (punch at the right time). But this difference is interesting, so I'd like to know more about them. Are these related to the counters in VF? In Tekken you of course have the quick push-away counter, and then some characters have one or several counters, and they also depend on what kind of attack they are performed on.

And a note! Don't be so impressed by King's chain throws. They take up space in your brain. They drive off low level players and mid/high level players break them with impunity. For all the flash, King has two throws that matter: The tombstone and the wishbone. You can count the giant swing but they kind of nerfed that in tekken 3 onwards.

The giant swing is still one of my favorite and I can pull it off relatively easy now. But it's not the whole range of throws that King can do that impresses me these days, though there are still some impressive throw sequences. Now, it's the new stuff, like the grapple from the ground and grapple in mid-air that makes him interesting and rewarding to play with. I'm just discovering that, but you can do fun things with it for sure and it looks neat.

I also didn't get round to mentioning that one of the reasons I associated Tekken more with the GT of fighting games, was because in Tekken nearly all the regular moves are taken from real life fighting styles. They can be clearly recognised and named by people who practice the style, as I've repeatedly been able to confirm. Even outside of the ring, I liked how in Tekken Tag Hwoarang performs the 8th movement in one of the start-screen animations, for instance, or at least, that's what a Master in Tae Kwondo told me. The moves in the game are all beautifully and correctly captured, as far as I can tell.

That juggling metaphor is spot on. Maybe one day they'll come up with some physics based animation system that can still replicate the sort of precise vulnerability a quality fighter needs, but for now juggling is absolutely a required mechanic for high level play.
And that has always made me very, VERY sad.

I don't mind it in games such as the Marvel vs Capcoms, because they were utterly over the top (not to mention you had multiple characters to play), but when so much crazy-ass juggling appears in VF and Tekken, it just annoys me. The fights look wholly BORING, because quite often characters have one good "maintainanace" float move that they strike with after a knock-up that they're repeat a good three or four times in a row before tossing on their closer.

Honestly, I'd be much happier if they reduced the knock-up and increased the falling rate for each hit past the first one got off, so that floating had an extremely limited duration, and you had many more individual trade-offs going on within each round.

It must stop! :cry:

Comparing VF and Tekken and VF in general,

In VF, most of the characters attacks can be executed independently (i.e. not part of a bigger string) Thus VF pre canned strings are generally shorter and a lot simpler looking compare to Tekken. Because of this in VF you need to be more creative, so you don't become predictable, since being predictable means death in any fighting game.

Still on control, in order to be creative, you need to buffer the input the commands between various different attacks, smoothly, correctly and with the right timing. For veterans this is natural thing to do, but for newbie coming into VF, this can be a big hurdle sometimes. If you aren't dexterous enough for this kind of play VF will become a slow, uninteresting and boring game.

Now gameplay, in VF, throws play a more important role compare to Tekken. During the course of the game, there will be more throw opportunities in VF. As described before by Crayon, VF defense against a throw has develop more sophisticated compare to other fighting games.

Take Kage Vs Jeffry for example, Jeffry is a slow character in VF, a lot of his attacks will leave him vulnerable to throws against Kage, with one of the best throw in the game. Back in VF2 days, Jeffry is at such disadvantage, that most Jeffry players will just do punch into throw, leaving his other damaging attacks that exposed Jeffry to Kage's TFToDoom unused.

Starting with VF3 however, that throw can be escaped. Still Kage can retaliate with his other throws or an attack of his own in such situation. This is where that technique (mentioned before by Crayon) Evade triple throws escape fuzzy guard comes in handy. The evade will dodge all linear attacks and providing you evade to the correct side, will evade the half circular attack as well. The triple throws escape (command need to be inputted within 10 frames or 1/6th of a second and each command need to be held for at least 3 frames for it to be registered as a throw escape) can take care of 4 of 6 Kage throws from such situation, and the fuzzy guard taking care of any delay attack. This way Jeffry players can limit the damage from some of his more damaging but risky attacks.

That's just scratching the surface. There are a lot of characters specific defense and offense to vast to discuss here, and with VF5 they added a couple more evade options as well as some other systems, that will make for an interesting situations in a match. VF5 is an awesome game, provided you're diligent enough to chew it :)

And that has always made me very, VERY sad.

I don't mind it in games such as the Marvel vs Capcoms, because they were utterly over the top (not to mention you had multiple characters to play), but when so much crazy-ass juggling appears in VF and Tekken, it just annoys me. The fights look wholly BORING, because quite often characters have one good "maintainanace" float move that they strike with after a knock-up that they're repeat a good three or four times in a row before tossing on their closer.

Honestly, I'd be much happier if they reduced the knock-up and increased the falling rate for each hit past the first one got off, so that floating had an extremely limited duration, and you had many more individual trade-offs going on within each round.

It must stop! :cry:

Juggling is fun if you are the one that are dealing it. Not so much fun on the receiving end though.

Its not going to bring comfort to you, in VF5 there are moves that can smash the opponent into a ground during a juggle, making them rebound for even more juggle. Though not guarantee, since the opponent can perform recovery and timing is strict, it still looks ridiculous. It looks like they are fighting on a trampoline :)

I agree though, they need to change juggling animation with something else. I don't mind a juggle in term of gameplay, but it shouldn't animate the way it does now. With what though, I have no idea.

Tekken is 'pick up and play' fun, just like ridge racer.
Virtua fighter on the other hand is hard to master but once you get the hang of it, the gameplay mechanism is very rewarding.

Agreed. Tekken just doesn't have the depth to hold my interest, though if I were to play a Tekken game it would definitely be 5.

In tournaments players typically only play one character. And the VFNet system only allows one character per account becuase alot of players ony play one character.

Very true. I only play as two characters in VF, though I'm only really proficient with one of them. Most of my friends and people I've played in tournaments are the same way. In Tekken, on the other hand, you can easily play 10+ characters because the moves are the same or only slightly different. Heck, in Tekken you can pretty much beat the CPU on easy by just executing ff4 or something similar with any character.

(Whole damn post)

That's just scratching the surface. There are a lot of characters specific defense and offense to vast to discuss here, and with VF5 they added a couple more evade options as well as some other systems, that will make for an interesting situations in a match. VF5 is an awesome game, provided you're diligent enough to chew it :)

Quoted for truth!

You know I havn't even read up on the new systems in VF5. I think I might mosy over to vfdc and see for myself. You described a sort of ground juggle extension property. I watched a video of El Blaze playing and I noticed an exceptionally long ground juggle. Was I seeing that new property?

Very true. I only play as two characters in VF, though I'm only really proficient with one of them. Most of my friends and people I've played in tournaments are the same way. In Tekken, on the other hand, you can easily play 10+ characters because the moves are the same or only slightly different. Heck, in Tekken you can pretty much beat the CPU on easy by just executing ff4 or something similar with any character.

Speaking of CPU...

I must say that the ai in VF4 is unbelievable. It's so far ahead of any other fighting game out there.

I can now sufficiantly play several characters in VF4. I've dabbled with them all. I can really throw down with Goh and Aoi tho. Which are your two?

Manually cleared, that's interesting. Can you give an example of how that works precisely, and in what kind of move/sequence?

It's called Guard Cancel (if I understand what Crayon is talking about correctly). You can cancel out of several moves before completing them. Aoi has quite a few moves that can be guard cancelled.

It's complicated to explain, but suffice it to say VF's guard/throw-escape system is like a whole game on its own. For defense, you can guard or evade (aka "sidestep") and you can buffer multiple throw escapes during the recovery period after a move or combo (and you can do this while guarding or evading).

Command Attack is actually a bonus game but it is good fun and a great way to get to know the characters. Which helps as much for fighting with, as against them, I'm noticing by the way.

I don't have Tekken: DR for PSP, but I do have Tekken 5 and I can tell you that both the Quest mode in EVO and the Kumite mode in VF4 are much better than the Arcade mode of T5. The training mode is very thorough and even includes advanced techniques like motion cut, if I remember correctly.

I liked how in Tekken Tag Hwoarang performs the 8th movement in one of the start-screen animations, for instance, or at least, that's what a Master in Tae Kwondo told me. The moves in the game are all beautifully and correctly captured, as far as I can tell.

Hwo's (They still call him Bob?) animations drive me nuts. They are obviously captured by somebody who is highly proficient in point sparring. Alot of those kicks wouldn't do any more damage than an open-hand slap. I didn't really learn 3d fighting till the SF3 machine crapped out and all that was left was Tekken 3. Hwo was the first character I learned. =) I don't find him as fun to play these days. All the stance management was alot of fun when I was brand new (as where Kings chains) but now it just feels superfluos.

Arwin, I have to ask. How much time to you spend playing alone v playing against people?

Speaking of CPU...

I must say that the ai in VF4 is unbelievable. It's so far ahead of any other fighting game out there.

I can now sufficiantly play several characters in VF4. I've dabbled with them all. I can really throw down with Goh and Aoi tho. Which are your two?

Sarah and Pai. My Sarah game really started picking up with all the changes they made to her in Evo. I've tried a few others, like Brad and Vanessa, but I haven't invested the time necessary to become proficient with them to any degree. I like Pai's reversals, but Aoi is pretty wicked in that department. My timing typically isn't good enough to rely on them though. I will punish someone with a reversal if they keep repeating a particular move, however.

It's called Guard Cancel (if I understand what Crayon is talking about correctly). You can cancel out of several moves before completing them. Aoi has quite a few moves that can be guard cancelled.

No it's not guard cancel. It doesn't have an official name and I don't even think it has a common name in english. I just call it "clearing". It's just something you do.

Sarah and Pai. My Sarah game really started picking up with all the changes they made to her in Evo. I've tried a few others, like Brad and Vanessa, but I haven't invested the time necessary to become proficient with them to any degree. I like Pai's reversals, but Aoi is pretty wicked in that department. My timing typically isn't good enough to rely on them though. I will punish someone with a reversal if they keep repeating a particular move, however.

God, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet. Reading your post reminded me. The character balance in VF is again WAAAAY ahead of any other fighting game.

I TRY to learn Sarah but she doesn't really click with me. =( Maybe one day. I can count the time I've played Pai on one hand. And I've played thousands and thousands of matches.

Aoi is my best character. I deal I think about 50% of my damage with reversals and followups. Then about 40% with throwing and the remaining with pokes. The offense with Aoi is insane. When I press there are few actual strikes involved. It's all feints and offensive reversals. The amazing thing is how reliable she has become for me. I never would have thought you could base an entire offense around reversals. Really illustrates how different the game is.

God, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet. Reading your post reminded me. The character balance in VF is again WAAAAY ahead of any other fighting game.

I TRY to learn Sarah but she doesn't really click with me. =( Maybe one day. I can count the time I've played Pai on one hand. And I've played thousands and thousands of matches.

Sarah's Flamingo stance is great, and it's become a real centerpiece of her movelist in Evo since they've added so many ways to get in and out of it.

Aoi is my best character. I deal I think about 50% of my damage with reversals and followups. Then about 40% with throwing and the remaining with pokes. The offense with Aoi is insane. When I press there are few actual strikes involved. It's all feints and offensive reversals. The amazing thing is how reliable she has become for me. I never would have thought you could base an entire offense around reversals. Really illustrates how different the game is.

Aoi is probably the only character I don't think I've ever played against in real (i.e. human) combat. However, she can be a pain to fight in the upper end of Quest mode -- it gets really hard to use many striking moves against her at all, and the computer will reverse almost all throws. I usually have to rely on counter hits to win, or more likely, just lose/cancel-out and hope for a different opponent next time. :)

No it's not guard cancel. It doesn't have an official name and I don't even think it has a common name in english. I just call it "clearing". It's just something you do.

Ok, I read your post and see that you are talking about using guard to clear out of strings/combos. You pretty much have to do this in high-level VF play because otherwise it's just too predictable when using those canned combos.

Ok, I read your post and see that you are talking about using guard to clear out of strings/combos. You pretty much have to do this in high-level VF play because otherwise it's just too predictable when using those canned combos.

I always teach people to jab like that right of the bat. You should do it ever time just to take advantage of the command buffer.

We are totally jacking this thread. :p I think it may be rude of us. Onthe other hand, it's about VF anyhow...

Another observation about VF I'd like to make is that it's the only game I play with a stick -- and only with a stick, I don't use a pad. I've been using the Namco Tekken 2 arcade stick (grey base with yellow buttons) for a long time now, but it looks like I may have to switch to this new USB stick for VF5.

I always teach people to jab like that right of the bat. You should do it ever time just to take advantage of the command buffer.

We are totally jacking this thread. :p I think it may be rude of us. Onthe other hand, it's about VF anyhow...

Well it's a VF thread and people have asked specifically about gameplay in VF, so it seems reasonable to me. Frankly, even though I've been a big lurker on VFDC and even met and played against some of the guys there, I don't have an account there and never post. So it's a bit refreshing to be able to talk about VF for a change. :)

Back