Virtua Fighter 5 Site up

http://virtuafighter5.jp/
Unfortunately, I don't know japanese.
maybe one can translate it for us? :)

There's currently an application process for all VF.net member for an appearance as a rival in VF5 PS3. The application period, details, etc will be made public on Sept 22th.

Otherwise, there's not much news: scheduled for 2007; 5.1 dolby surround HD resolutions

Last edited by a moderator:
Any specific HD resolutions? I ask because VT3 is 1080p all of a sudden.
What about the joystick details?

ah btw, thanks for the translations :D

Any specific HD resolutions? I ask because VT3 is 1080p all of a sudden.
What about the joystick details?

ah btw, thanks for the translations :D

No specific resolution mentioned.

The joystick is an arcade stick "of highest quality". The buttons are arcade-like, etc. More or less it's an ad. dimensions are 350 x 230 x 50 mm.

The joystick is an arcade stick "of highest quality".

That's unfortunatly not going to do. I've got a matched pair of sticks. Anubis and Jehuty. They get servise and upgrade they have served me for years and NO SUBSTITUTES WILL BE CONSIDERED.

No specific resolution mentioned.

The joystick is an arcade stick "of highest quality". The buttons are arcade-like, etc. More or less it's an ad. dimensions are 350 x 230 x 50 mm.

ah ok, thanks for the translations bro.

Seems IGN has picked up on the famitsu news on VF5
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/732/732952p1.html
Housed in the latest Famitsu are four pages devoted to the PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5. Spread across the pages are first screens from the PS3 version, showcasing all 17 characters.

SEGA had a press event today (Strategy Meeting 2006) and PS3 titles such as VF5, Power Smash 3 (VT3), Golf Club with Miyazato Brothers and Sonic were shown.

http://gemaga.sbcr.jp/
115829416400.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/blog/express/2006/09/post_36.html
photo-20060915-054603-0-42035e1856714ea46e4528e34ed33235.jpg

I spy with my little eye..PS3 test/debug units?

Here's another view:

h-103_60179_batya.jpg.jpg

If you brighten the shot you can see a unit under every TV, with wires going into and out of them.

edit - 1up preview..they say it's arcade perfect as far as the writer can tell:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3153688

1vf5ps3pt5.jpg

At a special press conference in Tokyo today, Sega let attendees play Virtua Fighter 5 on the PS3 for the very first time. I'll sum it up in two words: arcade perfect. While no VF freak like Milky or Shane, I wouldn't be able to comment on every intricacy (missing or present) in the version I played, but for all intents and purposes, this looks and plays just like the arcade game.

The game is looking surprisingly polished -- all the characters and stages seemed to be present and everything looks spectacular. The only complaint at this point was the loading time -- it was about 10 seconds from character select screen to the beginning of the match. It didn't feel too long, but here's hoping this will be improved as the game gets optimized.

They say it sounds like a Jan/Feb release..I can't wait :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There are actually direct feed PS3 shots in their gallery to boot!

I'm almost as interested to hear what those test units were like in terms of noise etc. as I am about how VF5 is shaping up :LOL:

Is that retail unit PS3 ? If so is this the first sighting of a working one ?

My PS3 games list so far is this and DMC4, can't wait.

Is that retail unit PS3 ? If so is this the first sighting of a working one ?

My PS3 games list so far is this and DMC4, can't wait.

Yeah if that's a real working PS3 playing VF5, it would be the first time i see one working. But it could just be a display case, with the game running on hidden dev kits.

I think it could very well be a real working PS3, i mean it's coming out in a month and a half, Sony must have at least SOME PS3's working, even if they haven't entered mass production yet!

I think they're the real deal, they're all wired up. Not sure if their retail or debug units.

Guess there's no chance anyone took the opportunity to answer all those small little questions we have..like whether it's quiet, cool, if the power supply really is internal afterall etc. etc?

I think they're the real deal, they're all wired up. Not sure if their retail or debug units.

Guess there's no chance anyone took the opportunity to answer all those small little questions we have..like whether it's quiet, cool, if the power supply really is internal afterall etc. etc?

I agree, there're only two cables coming out in the back of the unit, one runs to the TV, while the other vanishes somewhere. So I guess it's power cable

I agree, there're only two cables coming out in the back of the unit, one runs to the TV, while the other vanishes somewhere. So I guess it's power cable

I'm thinking one HDMI, one UTP, and the network cable is a black one we don't see and/or is hooked up from below just behind the PS3 and possibly connected to an alarm.

After brightening up the image, does indeed look like the VFStick is wired via USB.
sega74iq8.jpg

Those ps3's sure look nice, and looks like theres a cloth set aside for every two ps3's to keep them fingerprint clean. :p

Damn! I was so excited when this game was announced for a next-gen console. But with the lack of online play, I'll probably skip and wait for Tekken. Or wait till the price goes down.

.Z

Damn! I was so excited when this game was announced for a next-gen console. But with the lack of online play, I'll probably skip and wait for Tekken. Or wait till the price goes down.

.Z

The way I understand it, DOA 360 demonstrated that this genre is not yet ready for online play ...

Back