UT2007 pics

I hope to god ps3 has mouse and keyboard support, atleast for this game. (I really doubt my pc could run this at a high resolution w/ playable framerate :/)

very nice pics, thx. :)

To me it looks almost exactly like GoW, except that there's those colourful neon lights and maybe more colourful character armour, not surprising running on the same engine.
The character models look more detailed, but as these are PR screens should be taken with a grain of salt. Not saying these aren't achievable on next gen (or should it be this gen ;) ) but as always the shots are a bit "cleaner" than whe'at you'll see on screen, maybe if PS3 version is 1080p it'd look very close...

blakjedi said:
I dont know if its the palette choice or what but seems a little more cartoony than Gears.
What do you want - grey dressed soldiers next to grey walls?
UT is a fast-paced shooter, not a sight-test.

Looks like Im gonna have a internal struggle if I buy this game for PS3 or PC. Even with keyboard & Mouse - an FPS on a Console just.. doesnt.. erm... sounds right ;)

rabidrabbit said:
Not saying these aren't achievable on next gen (or should it be this gen ;) ) but as always the shots are a bit "cleaner" than whe'at you'll see on screen, maybe if PS3 version is 1080p it'd look very close...
I think the dev from psm mentioned they were running at around 49fps @ 720p on non-final ps3 kits with unoptomized code. And said you will mostly likely see the same graphics compared to the pc. (i think 1080p could be possible according to this, but we will see how things go)

http://ps3updates.qj.net/2005/12/unreal-tournament-2007-for-ps3-psm.html

Last edited by a moderator:
imho GoW does NOT equal UT by the fact that they use the same base engine. Also I think the GoW models are more detailed than whats seen here as well as the armor. Of the eight newest screens only the first one with the purple thing in the foreground is "highly detailed" relative to what we see in GoW...

but alas this thread is about UT and for what its worth it looks pretty if cartoony.

thats just the thing though, it's unreal. realistic, cartoony, or whatever.. i think ut2k7 holds the feel of how UT has always been. and thats the way it should be.

on the other hand if ut2k7 wanted to look like gow im sure it would be possible do to the same engine, i see it more as a design choice way more than a hardware limitation if thats what your insisting.

ut2k4 for example: http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/Multiplayer.jpg
orange mohawks and running robots. i really dont think unreal strived for non cartoony realitic styles. :p

GOW is a completely different title. Just because they use the same engine doesnt mean the games should look the same.

Bad_Boy said:
GOW is a completely different title. Just because they use the same engine doesnt mean the games should look the same.

I would certainly hope that a single player focused game would look different from a multiplayer focused title. :p

Bad_Boy said:
I hope to god ps3 has mouse and keyboard support, atleast for this game. (I really doubt my pc could run this at a high resolution w/ playable framerate :/)

very nice pics, thx. :)
Ask and you shall receive:
CVG - Aimed for launch alongside the Playstation 3, Unreal Tournament 2007 will feature full mouse and keyboard support for the console and of course will have the series' trademark online play.
-aldo

aldo said:
Ask and you shall receive:-aldo

CVG - Aimed for launch alongside the Playstation 3, Unreal Tournament 2007 will feature full mouse and keyboard support for the console and of course will have the series' trademark online play.

Yuck, I hope they develope some kind of feature that seperates KB/M players from controller players.

Synergy34 said:
Yuck, I hope they develope some kind of feature that seperates KB/M players from controller players.

Shouldn't be too difficult...so yum :)

Didn't know this previously, but the UT that launched with PS2 in the US supported KB/mouse, so in that context, and that of Sony's comments etc. it seems certain UT2007 will also be playable with KB/mouse.

It'd be nice if PS3 players - those with kb and mouse at least - could also play against PC players. Should be possible if the online platform is an open one, which it will be.

really not very impressive IMO, the lightings pretty bad, lots of blurry textures(look at the rocks).

I like the LOD on the armour though, that's pretty sweet.

Bad_Boy said:
Just because they use the same engine doesnt mean the games should look the same.

Exactly my point. Add to that the impression that I have seen people write that they think UT2007 looks better than GoW and well then now you understand the source of my post....

blakjedi said:
Exactly my point. Add to that the impression that I have seen people write that they think UT2007 looks better than GoW and well then now you understand the source of my post....
Then we agree, sorry about that post earlier then.

Titanio said:
Shouldn't be too difficult...so yum :)

Didn't know this previously, but the UT that launched with PS2 in the US supported KB/mouse, so in that context, and that of Sony's comments etc. it seems certain UT2007 will also be playable with KB/mouse.
Thats interesting, I didnt know that either, I might have to rent this old title to try it out.

Back