Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

It's the perfect, relaxing music that makes mass murder that much smoother and gratifying.

SnoopySimpleAsiaticmouflon.gif

Thanks to Neogaf :LOL:

Finally some gameplay at 1080/60 fps from Uncharted 2

Also, we are getting a demo this Summer apparently, framerate is looking smooth!

Is this gonna use near Uncharted 4 3d engine to remaster the game graphics and a bit of the gameplay?

Or is it using TLOU remastered version 3d engine to remaster the graphics and gameplay?

I see these remastered as a golden opportunity to not only enhance but to make significant plot enhancements specially for Uncharted 1.

Probably Uncharted 4 engine since ND said they are porting over their engine for the collection. Also it's BluePoint doing the remaster and not ND so changing the story of the first one probably won't happen. The Uncharted 2 footage looks really good already, can't wait for the demo.

I don't mean changing the story...just enhancing it as a Director's Cut style...Uncharted 1 was the shortest...I don't expect adding missions but to me it's a golden opportunity for hidden stuff that the devs wanted to do but couldn't or looking back at the three games they could implement.

From PS Blog
I played unfinished code that was missing a few minor visual effects, but Bluepoint’s loving influence was readily apparent. The studio is upgrading character models, environment textures, lighting, and special effects across the board, bringing all three games as close to visual modernity as possible while ensuring they remain true to their original creative direction.

As the studio finalizes work on the collection, it will also roll in the assorted control scheme tweaks, gameplay refinements, and subtle mechanical upgrades that evolved through the series across all three games, bringing them into closer gameplay parity.

It seems like they are enhancing the gameplay rather than the story which is fine by me, Uncharted 1 is blatantly more dated than the other two, both visually and gameplay wise.

CJ-yyCEWUAAscin.png:large

Higher res textures, most probably 4x higher res like TLOUR, also the AF looked very good on the video.

Remaster looks great, hopefully they will show soon version with all visual effects activated.

Bluepoint's goal is to bring all games closer to the look and engine feature-set of Uncharted 3. Hopefully that means they will work hard on updating U1.

Yep i am curious to see how UC1 turns out, it's by far the roughest of the three. I also can't wait to see the UC3 desert in 1080p60, that'll be a treat.

they just need to change the skin shaders and add SSAO for U1, with 4x texture res, 1080p, 60 fps, 16x AF and triple buffers the game still looks good. Curious if they are going to use the post AA solution from the lastest ND engine or MSAA. The rest should just be gameplay tweaks.

Would be more interesting if they updated the light-index deferred renderer to something else. MSAA was pretty much broken for them anyway since they weren't doing it for the lighting pass.

Last edited:
They should have kept the co op modes atleast. UC3 was the most played game of my house due to the co op modes. My family is a super fan of the co op.

Back