Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

I seem to remember that both 2 and 3 took a lot of space on a Bluray disc, mostly used by the high quality 1080p FMVs and audio tracks in lots of different languages. Maybe they compressed them, or - shock, horror - they are now being rendered in real time? Seems like a stretch to me.

h264 encode could be blocky and bad looking too on low bitrate (youtube ugh).
Nintendo used it for Mario Kart 8 ending and quality was pretty bad.

I do not know why companies do not use it for videos now when consoles have dedicated decoder. Expensive licensing?

Will get will get, 1080p with improved lighting, models and textures are simply hard to resist. With the number of great shots TLOU photomode has generated, I've no doubt how awesome this collection would deliver. With GOW3, TLOU and now this remastered, all that's missing are Beyond and Killzone 2&3.

It would be awsome if they took the oportunity to improve their GI bake of static levels with the lightmap tech from TLOU and introduced its cool real time character ambient shadows. Unlikely though...

Would it not be possible to use the TLOU engine and replace the content? The principle mechanics are the same, right? Tweak some parameters and change some interfacery, you've got Uncharted. Was there anything the earlier games were doing that the later games weren't? I think even the animation tech was basically the same, just ramped up. Uncharted 1 and 2 could take U3's engine and just change the graphics.

Guys, you clearly haven't being listening (well reading) properly!

FMV badly compressed cutscenes? the old and archaic TLOU engine? Bink2? Ridiculous!

we’ve been working closely with them to bring over our engine
There is only one engine at Naughty Dog, the Uncharted 4 engine giving you 60fps, next gen lighting and real-time cutscenes.

Guys, you clearly haven't being listening (well reading) properly!

FMV badly compressed cutscenes? the old and archaic TLOU engine? Bink2? Ridiculous!

There is only one engine at Naughty Dog, the Uncharted 4 engine giving you 60fps, next gen lighting and real-time cutscenes.

Naughty Dog isn't doing this collection. It's Blue Point games.

Get ready to be amazed by one of the best (if not the best) games last gen IMHO, Uncharted 2.What a ride!. I still hear that menu music...prelude of such an absorbing adventure everytime i played it.

I concur ! I don't nkow why, but its the UC2 menu music which always plays in my head everytime I reminisce about UC too :D ! UC2 was bliss ! Pure, unadulterated bliss and this collection will be very hard to resist. Especially when I want to be in MGSV instead. TIme to put in that 2tb HDD finally but how do I find 48 hours in a day ?!?!

I concur ! I don't nkow why, but its the UC2 menu music which always plays in my head everytime I reminisce about UC too :D
Isn't the theme music that plays on the menu screen the same for all four games? It's definitely the same score but I think it may be the same arrangement as well. But I agree, it's a great bit of music and just hearing me makes me want to kill 400 people! :runaway:

Back