Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection [PS5, PC]

Uhm, not really the topic for comparing performance on titles that are NOT Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves ..

Good for CPU performance tests then, what the jaguar can do.... Uncharted remastered will certainly be more CPU intense, a modern such is going to be needed i think. Teamed to a 6600XT to atleast match PS5 performances (as that gpu does in other ports).

While PlayStation 5 remains our primary platform, we saw the possibility of bringing our games to PC as a great chance to reach a new massive, worldwide audience. When considering what to debut on PC with, we looked through our catalog and decided the beautiful, globetrotting stories of the Uncharted series felt like a natural fit to introduce to players all around the world. Now, you may be wondering why we didn’t start with the original Uncharted. We felt that, while Nathan Drake’s first three adventures from the PlayStation 3 console still stand the test of time narratively, they would require a major overhaul visually to stand-up to modern PC releases and the expectations players may have.

We also knew this PC release wasn’t going to be a one-off. As you may already know, The Last of Us Part I is in development for PC following its successful launch on PlayStation 5, and with this being, ahem, Uncharted territory for us, we knew we have a lot to learn about bringing our games to PC. [...] The Uncharted series’ PC debut is both thrilling and reflective, a chance for us to take the lessons learned about offering our games on a new platform, and the expectations and opportunities that go along with it. In learning so much through our partners at Iron Galaxy, we’re able to look ahead to the future of Naughty Dog games on PC more excitedly than ever.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection’s PC release is a transformative pivot point for Naughty Dog. We not only have another chance to celebrate our beloved franchise but also introduce it to so many new players. In doing so, we set the stage for Naughty Dog to deliver high-quality games on PlayStation 5, with the option of a PC release as well, with an understanding of how to cater to the different needs of both audiences now and in the future.

I'm playing the game right now and so far so good. The only thing that annoys me is the cutscenes are pillarboxed when using my ultrawide monitor.

This game seems to be the absolute worst performer out of all sony games so far. 7000 CC users. Might also be the large size of the game, but it's really, really poor. And oh my god, i just read the user comments in that blog above. Christ almighty. Sony betrayed them and everyone should sell their playstations, his is already on ebay :ROFLMAO:

This game seems to be the absolute worst performer out of all sony games so far. 7000 CC users. Might also be the large size of the game, but it's really, really poor. And oh my god, i just read the user comments in that blog above. Christ almighty. Sony betrayed them and everyone should sell their playstations, his is already on ebay :ROFLMAO:

Voting "Sony making their games available on other platforms is anti-consumer" as my fav so far.

Voting "Sony making their games available on other platforms is anti-consumer" as my fav so far.
Accepting that my perception of the general critical thinking skills of human beings has massively nose-dived over the past few years, this is insane. But it also supports Microsoft's current argument with the UK CMA... :runaway:

Too many years after the release of the game, virtually 0 marketing around this release.

Still cool to see the game running at 200 fps at 4K:
u45pep5.png

The scaling of this port is so odd.

Here's Uncharted 4 running at 45-60fps on a PS4 at 540p. Yes, the Lost Legacy edition has better LOD's, but very minor changes overall to the geometry. I think even taking the console optimizations into account, it's fair to assume then this game is extremely GPU limited if Jaguar cores can actually push it close to 60fps during gameplay.

Maybe this scene is particularly CPU heavy, who knows, but here's computerbase.de's testing of the market scene in Lost Legacy on a 12900K with DDR5:

6900XT, 1080p: 110fps

1666205523485.png

6900XT, 4k: 67 fps

1666205596404.png

That's only a ~65% increase from dropping to 4k to 1080p. That's what you see with a heavy CPU limited game, but a PS4 game can't maintain 120fps on a 6900Xt at 1080p? Like, how?

Too many years after the release of the game, virtually 0 marketing around this release.

And also introducing the series to a potentially new market starting with the 4th entry. I get the other games are very dated by now, but I also think a reason not to port them is that they're only viable as included with this pack, or at a heavily discounted price which Sony didn't want to do.

Still cool to see the game running at 200 fps at 4K:

1666205917515.png

MS did a really poor job in communication about the changes with CPU performance counters in W11 2H22 apparently, even the xbox performance overlay is screwed wrt cpu usage atm.

The scaling of this port is so odd.

Here's Uncharted 4 running at 45-60fps on a PS4 at 540p. Yes, the Lost Legacy edition has better LOD's, but very minor changes overall to the geometry. I think even taking the console optimizations into account, it's fair to assume then this game is extremely GPU limited if Jaguar cores can actually push it close to 60fps during gameplay.

Maybe this scene is particularly CPU heavy, who knows, but here's computerbase.de's testing of the market scene in Lost Legacy on a 12900K with DDR5:

6900XT, 1080p: 110fps

View attachment 7290

6900XT, 4k: 67 fps

View attachment 7294

That's only a ~65% increase from dropping to 4k to 1080p. That's what you see with a heavy CPU limited game, but a PS4 game can't maintain 120fps on a 6900Xt at 1080p? Like, how?
Iron Galaxy + DX12 was only ever going to result in a disaster.

From a post on Resetera:

Reseta era user said:
I played the first couple of segments up to the tower, and this seems like a decent port.

A bit heavy on the system though. The first boat sequence ran flawlessly at 2880x1800 / ultra settings, but the escape from the orphanage would dip to 54 fps at times inside and as low as 49 fps outside on my RTX 3070 Ti / 5900X system. That's not good.

Played again at 2560 x 1600 / ultra settings and this time it was a locked 60 fps. I'm fine with this as I use DLDSR to downsample to 1920 x 1200, so the extra resolution is just for image quality.

Performance isn't impressive, but the game looks really great and seems to run well other than being very heavy.

Jesus.

I've already encountered a couple rendering bugs so I'd rather just play the PS5 version until this is patched up a bit. CPU performance seems pretty good on my 5800X3D (so far).

Iron Galaxy + DX12 was only ever going to result in a disaster.

I mean I'm not hoping much considering WB literally pulled it from storefronts so who knows who they brought in to help with Arkham Knight as the pressure was much greater then, but they did eventually get it to a pretty good state.

Maybe patches can help this going forward, but the performance scaling is so out of whack with this title though - and most reviews are "Hey, great port!", so little impetus atm. This further highlights the slowdown in competitive gen-on-gen GPU updates too, there were always poorly performing ports before, but 2 years into a console lifecycle in the past, the hardware on PC was so far ahead that sub $300 cards just dusted them. This game requires a 3080/6800XT to really outpace the PS5 (and even then maybe just matching the performance + mode with a top-end CPU) - those cards are still in the ~$1000 CAD territory for me right now.

I mean I'm not hoping much considering WB literally pulled it from storefronts so who knows who they brought in to help with Arkham Knight as the pressure was much greater then, but they did eventually get it to a pretty good state.

Maybe patches can help this going forward, but the performance scaling is so out of whack with this title though - and most reviews are "Hey, great port!", so little impetus atm. This further highlights the slowdown in competitive gen-on-gen GPU updates too, there were always poorly performing ports before, but 2 years into a console lifecycle in the past, the hardware on PC was so far ahead that sub $300 cards just dusted them. This game requires a 3080/6800XT to really outpace the PS5 (and even then maybe just matching the performance + mode with a top-end CPU) - those cards are still in the ~$1000 CAD territory for me right now.
Arkham knight never got to a good state IMO. Various aspects of the visuals still fall below the console release and a locked 60 fps might still be impossible on todays hardware.

This further highlights the slowdown in competitive gen-on-gen GPU updates too, there were always poorly performing ports before, but 2 years into a console lifecycle in the past, the hardware on PC was so far ahead that sub $300 cards just dusted them. This game requires a 3080/6800XT to really outpace the PS5 (and even then maybe just matching the performance + mode with a top-end CPU) - those cards are still in the ~$1000 CAD territory for me right now.

Wouldnt use ports to gauge that, in particular not this one. A 4060/Ti or equalivent would be more accurate.

Last edited:
Arkham knight never got to a good state IMO. Various aspects of the visuals still fall below the console release and a locked 60 fps might still be impossible on todays hardware.

What visual aspects? Very difficult to tell as it's still 1080p on consoles so it's a flickering mess, but I don't see any rendering differences, other than the benefits the Nvidia extensions add, which can be substantial. On my 12400/3060 I will occasionally see a drop to 59fps when it's not GPU limited when driving and boosting, but that's about it.

A 1060 was giving ~80fps at 1080p with all Nvidia effects on, while the streaming issues at high framerates could still be an issue, at least the rendering prowess fell in line with the expected difference between a 1060 and the GCN GPU in the PS4. Hell I played it at 4k with a locked 30 on my 1660 before and a couple of the Nvidia effects enabled.

Here, we're looking at a 1060 needed to basically match the PS4 which is nuts.

Back