Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection [PS5, PC]

So Fidelity mode(4K 30fps), Performance mode(1440p 60fps) and Performance Plus mode(120fps 1080p) although PP dips in heavy scenes but indistinguishable as frames still over 100fps . No 40fps mode.

John says better LOD, with less pop in, better graphics all round and faster loading.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-ps5-tech-review

I haven't played Lost Legacy so this will be a cheap $10(or more) buy for me.

Lost legacy is really good. I loved it , much much over the UC4 base game which I found not that memorable to be honest. Chapter 18-21 is what felt like uncharted to me. Rest was a LOU wannabe.
But Lost Legacy was pure Uncharted experience. Loved it !

So Fidelity mode(4K 30fps), Performance mode(1440p 60fps) and Performance Plus mode(120fps 1080p) although PP dips in heavy scenes but indistinguishable as frames still over 100fps . No 40fps mode.

John says better LOD, with less pop in, better graphics all round and faster loading.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-ps5-tech-review

I haven't played Lost Legacy so this will be a cheap $10(or more) buy for me.
Is it me or did they add RT reflections in some areas?

Higher res SSR.
If you want RT reflections you'll have to wait for a PC mod, along with panties mod !

So if they can run this at 120fps/1080p, means we can have these graphics for VR games on PSVR2, dual 1080p 60fps each, pretty nice, combined with dynamic FOV and all other tech...

haven't played UC4 for years, i'll get the upgrade tomorrow to try that 120fps mode !

Last edited:
Lost legacy is really good. I loved it , much much over the UC4 base game which I found not that memorable to be honest. Chapter 18-21 is what felt like uncharted to me. Rest was a LOU wannabe.
But Lost Legacy was pure Uncharted experience. Loved it !
Feel opposite, u4 was first in series with good narration, lost legacy was little boring for me

Feel opposite, u4 was first in series with good narration, lost legacy was little boring for me
Can you clarify what you mean by narration, because my understanding of the word doesn't fit any of the games.

story was more mature/believable with some proper characters "social dynamics" interaction etc
You did't like the grave-robbing mass murder stories? Booooo!

Reactions: snc
story was more mature/believable with some proper characters "social dynamics" interaction etc

I honestly think the story feels more disconcerting when it tries to be realistic. Even discounting 4, all other games had moments in which characters went about their adventures as if they lived in no-consequences cartoon land, and as it progressed they progressively became more and more whiny about how they shouldn't be doing taking such risks. I understand that was meant to "raise the stakes" but what it did was bring the whole thing closer to what I'm gonna call right now as the "narrative uncanny valey". By that I mean, It's quite an ask to suspend my disbelief about some random fit dude such as Nathan, monekeying around deadly cliffs as if he is undee moon gravity and dispatching pirates and mercenaries by the dozens at every minute all on his own, or at most the help of one or two friends. But when they act like this is fun-town crazy cartoon land, it works. When they try to point out the absolute madness of what is going on to make me care, it actually only makes me care less, because the absurdity of it all makes it impossible to actually pay attention to the story without going mad with "what the fuck are you doing guys? go home drink tea ore something. If death really exists in this universe, you are lucky you arent dead already!"

One thing i did not like in the game, that i remember now replaying it, is when you hide from ennemies, your AI teamate (Sam for example) is running around, passing in front of ennemies like a ghost as they don't spot him. Hilarous.

I honestly think the story feels more disconcerting when it tries to be realistic. Even discounting 4, all other games had moments in which characters went about their adventures as if they lived in no-consequences cartoon land, and as it progressed they progressively became more and more whiny about how they shouldn't be doing taking such risks. I understand that was meant to "raise the stakes" but what it did was bring the whole thing closer to what I'm gonna call right now as the "narrative uncanny valey". By that I mean, It's quite an ask to suspend my disbelief about some random fit dude such as Nathan, monekeying around deadly cliffs as if he is undee moon gravity and dispatching pirates and mercenaries by the dozens at every minute all on his own, or at most the help of one or two friends. But when they act like this is fun-town crazy cartoon land, it works. When they try to point out the absolute madness of what is going on to make me care, it actually only makes me care less, because the absurdity of it all makes it impossible to actually pay attention to the story without going mad with "what the fuck are you doing guys? go home drink tea ore something. If death really exists in this universe, you are lucky you arent dead already!"
you know there are solo climbers in real world so... ;d

Last edited:
I have very weird relationship with U series, U4+ are best games ever made period. But anything before U4 is garbage and i cant stand it.

Yeah the whole narrative is very much a product of its time, and it's weird because it almost feels like it sits between two periods or stages of gaming, an older and more care-free period where you shoot the bad guys and nobody cares, and a new one where we kinda started looking at these things more in depth - as more games developed 'deeper' narratives where such things were brought to the attention.

It's also a weird balance between trying to make a game fun, and having a 'realistic' narrative which just doesn't match with the gameplay you're doing in between cutscenes.

I didn't even think about it back in the day, whereas now when you get to the epilogue (no spoilers if anyone still hasn't played this?) and the dialogue between the characters was completely incongruent with the fact that you/the characters just killed hundreds and hundreds of people. It's like it never happened, but at the same time that's what made the gameplay fun. Weird balance.

Yeah the whole narrative is very much a product of its time, and it's weird because it almost feels like it sits between two periods or stages of gaming, an older and more care-free period where you shoot the bad guys and nobody cares, and a new one where we kinda started looking at these things more in depth - as more games developed 'deeper' narratives where such things were brought to the attention.

The difference between Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us Part II is palpable. In Uncharted 4 you wade thoughts waves and waves of nameless bad guys, whereas in The Last of Us Part II you wade through waves and waves of named bad guys, and their dogs.

I have very weird relationship with U series, U4+ are best games ever made period. But anything before U4 is garbage and i cant stand it.

I loved them all, the only problem I had with any of it was the framerate in some sections of part I. For the rest I played and finished all of them. In that respect it has no equal for me. Lost Legacy was surprisingly good as well.

In comparison, I only finished God of War 3 (but how amazing that was, I loved it, so beautiful …), none of the other games.

And I hate the Last of Us. Got through half the first game before I stopped. Never even started the second. It’s quite simply not a world I want to be in.

Back