Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection [PS5, PC]

Is this really that bad of a port? It has a couple of rendering bugs but that's par for the course these days for day 1 and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Outside of that it seems the only real issue is how heavy it is but that could simply be down to how highly tuned it was for the PS4's console architecture and API's (which PS5 should be able to take advantage of for the most part) and how much money Sony wanted to spend on the port. Naughty Dog have already said this was essentially a path finder and learning experience for them in terms of porting to the PC so are they really going to throw the house at that? I'm sure if they ripped the engine down and built it from scratch for the PC it could run much better but is that really an effective use of Naughty Dogs time and money for a pathfinder project?

Personally I'm not expecting any significant performance boosts here (single digit percentage increases perhaps) but I do hope to see the rendering issues quashed quickly.
Other than poor performance and lod being lower than PS5 its passable. That performance though.

PS5 is mostly between 110 and 120+ during this same segment and only the 3080 is running at an equivalent resolution.

Another clip from later in the level.

Last edited:
Other than poor performance and lod being lower than PS5 its passable. That performance though.

PS5 is mostly between 110 and 120+ during this same segment and only the 3080 is running at an equivalent resolution.

There's something not right with that comparison. Look how close the 3080 and 3070Ti are.

We've seen from NXG's side by sides that the 6800 is comfortably faster than the PS5 and most other sources put the 3080 as faster than the 6800XT in this game, let alone the standard 6800. That video makes it look as though the PS5 is significantly faster than a 3080 lol.

There's something not right with that comparison. Look how close the 3080 and 3070Ti are.

We've seen from NXG's side by sides that the 6800 is comfortably faster than the PS5 and most other sources put the 3080 as faster than the 6800XT in this game, let alone the standard 6800. That video makes it look as though the PS5 is significantly faster than a 3080 lol.
The later levels seem to have different performance profiles. The early levels run much faster. The differences between 3070Ti and 3080 are small here because the game has huge utilization issues on PC. You can see this reflected in Computerbase benchmarks as well. As you increase the resolution this becomes less of an issue.

Last edited:

It is up to him to believe that the PS5 is actually even remotely close to a 6800XT/3080 class device ;)

The later levels seem to have different performance profiles. The early levels run much faster. The differences between 3070Ti and 3080 are small here because the game has huge utilization issues on PC. You can see this reflected in Computerbase benchmarks as well. As you increase the resolution this becomes less of an issue.

I suspect if there were areas of the game where a direct head to head comparison with the 6800 saw the PS5 winning by a massive margin then NXG would have found them, and probably ran a whole series of videos on them.

In the comparison above the PC is running at all Ultra across the board, and clearly the internal resolution of DLSS can't be compared to that same resolution at native in performance terms.

Even with those caveats though the performance looks well off there. If accurate then I take it back and this really is an atrocious port from a performance perspective.

I suspect if there were areas of the game where a direct head to head comparison with the 6800 saw the PS5 winning by a massive margin then NXG would have found them, and probably ran a whole series of videos on them.

In the comparison above the PC is running at all Ultra across the board, and clearly the internal resolution of DLSS can't be compared to that same resolution at native in performance terms.

Even with those caveats though the performance looks well off there. If accurate then I take it back and this really is an atrocious port from a performance perspective.
Ultra is slightly better shadows and AF but worse LOD than PS5. Probably close to a wash either way. His results line up very well with Computerbase.

Do you have a video of the PS5 running 110-120fps in these sections? It can dip to the high 60's at performance mode using VRR. I'd be really surprised to see it running at 110-120 fps in a section where the 3080 is running at 80-90 at the same resolution.

Do you have a video of the PS5 running 110-120fps in these sections? It can dip to the high 60's at performance mode using VRR. I'd be really surprised to see it running at 110-120 fps in a section where the 3080 is running at 80-90 at the same resolution.

Performance mode is 1440p and performance + is 1080p. AFAIK there is no dynamic resolution scaling.

So do they use FMVs for those transition effects on PS5 as well?

You can see in the video here, the game does this many times.. but when these transition effects happen, on PC they're FMVs.. are they the same on PS5? You can tell on PC because the framerate is obviously way lower and there's some macroblocking.. then it will transition back to real time for the next cutscene after a camera cut.

Is this one of the "safety valves" they're referring to about ensuring data has enough time to load, or is it the same on PS5?

You'd think the framerate would tank rendering two scenes simultaneously... so I'm guessing it's FMV there too?

Performance mode is 1440p and performance + is 1080p. AFAIK there is no dynamic resolution scaling.
Yes, and 4K DLSS performance is 1440p. Performance mode in both videos you posted is capped at 60fps. Performance+ mode is 120hz but is 1080p as you said, not 1440.

Edit: My bad, it seems DLSS Performance is 1080p and Quality is 1440p. 4K DLSS Quality doesn't perform as well as native 1440 though if I remember. I'll run a benchmark to test the difference. Too bad there's not a built-in one in this game.

Last edited:
Yeah, so I checked and DLSS Quality mode's internal resolution is indeed 2560x1440 but native 2560x1440 performs about 30% better.

Very bad port, it requires a CPU with AVX2 to run for no apparent reason, so my 3770K is out, I can't even launch the game, even though I can run Spider-Man, Plague Tale and every other 2022 title released thus far .. the game also runs horribly bad on any NVIDIA GPU, the 5700XT is faster than RTX 2080 Super at 4K, the 6950XT is 30% faster than 3080Ti at 4K, which isn't normal at all, so the results from that IGN video using a 2070 are irrelevant, the 2070 will be underperfomring in this title. The port also has myriads of graphical glitches. It shouldn't have used DX12, considering God Of War and Days Gone were DX11 with perfect results.

Very bad port, it requires a CPU with AVX2 to run for no apparent reason, so my 3770K is out, I can't even launch the game, even though I can run Spider-Man, Plague Tale and every other 2022 title released thus far .. the game also runs horribly bad on any NVIDIA GPU, the 5700XT is faster than RTX 2080 Super at 4K, the 6950XT is 30% faster than 3080Ti at 4K, which isn't normal at all, so the results from that IGN video using a 2070 are irrelevant, the 2070 will be underperfomring in this title. The port also has myriads of graphical glitches. It shouldn't have used DX12, considering God Of War and Days Gone were DX11 with perfect results.

Whinging about AVX has gone on way past it's prime. I don't blame devs for telling people to be quiet about it already, this snide attitude of CPU not being of any consequence to gaming has gone on long enough. If you have a decade old CPU it's ancient and going out of the way to support it is beyond the pale, might as well ask for a 3DS backport or something.

Otherwise, surprise surprise it's a bad port because it's a meh studio working on an engine super optimized for a single specific console and even a specific game type at a time; Naughty Dog chose to make The Last of Us Part 1 because making a different kind of game would literally need programmer support.

Not that I'm sure people are missing a whole ton by it not being super optimized. The gameplay is fun but the story is baffling. Trying to make Nathan Drake, adventuring asshole extraordinaire, into a "complex" protagonist is hilarious. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh or just be confused watching a scene where a guy that punches his way out prisons, gunfights, car chases, and other shit for fun on the regular quietly considers going to jail for treasure hunting for retirement money too much of a risk, or the literal next scene as he wanders past tens to hundreds of millions of dollars worth of treasure just fucking sitting in his attic (what fucking money problems?). Neil Druckman is an unbelievably terrible writer, and while the game is pretty going to super high res reveals just how much the art is optimized for a 1080p display.

Ultra is slightly better shadows and AF but worse LOD than PS5. Probably close to a wash either way. His results line up very well with Computerbase.

The LOD issue is almost certainly a bug and several PC settings are indecernable between Ulta and medium so it's more fair to say the PS5 runs at a mix of medium to ultra settings vs the PC. Still, I agree performance is well off, especially at 1080p. Its almost as if there's some engine limitation on PC that puts back pressure on high framerates.

Would be interesting to see some PCIe scaling tests here.

Besides different demands depending on level in Nx gamers comparison he gave the 6800 a slightly better cpu than the ps5 one which can help in a game like this which is heavy on cpu demands

Besides different demands depending on level in Nx gamers comparison he gave the 6800 a slightly better cpu than the ps5 one which can help in a game like this which is heavy on cpu demands

So you're concluding that the PS5 is CPU limited at 4k where it's achieving between 40-50 fps when it also has a 1080p mode where it runs between 100-120fps?

Back