Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection [PS5, PC]

What visual aspects? Very difficult to tell as it's still 1080p on consoles so it's a flickering mess, but I don't see any rendering differences, other than the benefits the Nvidia extensions add, which can be substantial. On my 12400/3060 I will occasionally see a drop to 59fps when it's not GPU limited when driving and boosting, but that's about it.

A 1060 was giving ~80fps at 1080p with all Nvidia effects on, while the streaming issues at high framerates could still be an issue, at least the rendering prowess fell in line with the expected difference between a 1060 and the GCN GPU in the PS4. Here, we're looking at a 1060 needed to basically match the PS4 which is nuts.
Rain shaders, AO and certain particle effects were never fixed to match the console version. Ya I’m referring to the stuttering when traversing the city.

Have you seen any reviews that actually benched a 1060? If so can you link.

Rain shaders, AO and certain particle effects were never fixed to match the console version. Ya I’m referring to the stuttering when traversing the city.

Do you have a link that shows the difference in effects? The only ones I can remember are from early on before the patches.

Have you seen any reviews that actually benched a 1060? If so can you link.

Link to a youtube video from 2 years ago with a 1060 was in my post that you quoted. I had the traversal stuttering on my old system with a 1660 and 9400F when in the batmobile no doubt, but in terms of GPU load my 1660 would be getting over 100fps at 1080p.

Do you have a link that shows the difference in effects?
Not from the final patched version since no one ever went and recompared them. I remember constantly checking every patch and these issues were never fixed. Heres a comparison from launch though.

Oh I meant the 1060 in UC4.

So I had thought the lowest settings were PS4 settings but boy was I wrong. This is even worse than I thought.

Last edited:
Not from the final patched version since no one ever went and recompared them. I remember constantly checking every patch and these issues were never fixed. Heres a comparison from launch though.

So I had thought the lowest settings were PS4 settings but boy was I wrong. This is even worse than I thought.
A quick google tells me that the missing effects where restored with a patch.

Extremely tough to compare with such a low res video especially with different contrasts of the platforms, you need to point out what I should be looking at. I have it installed on my PC and PS5 so I can go to a specific area and compare.

Here's a video. Seems to be 40-50fps, settings don't really impact the framerate until you get to Ultra.

1666209960825.png

Extremely tough to compare with such a low res video especially with different contrasts of the platforms, you need to point out what I should be looking at.

Here's a video. Seems to be 40-50fps, settings don't really impact the framerate until you get to Ultra.

View attachment 7296
I went and watched several of 1060 videos. That's one of the better performing levels. Other levels fare much worse.

The PC version doesn't have the detailed rain surface shaders on various surfaces throughout the game. They eventually patched some of them into the intro sequence but otherwise on various NPCs, suits, and the batmobile they are often missing. Also the heavy rain effect after the intro doesn't appear.

Considering that is not a demanding area I wonder if it even drops below 30fps at points on a 1060.
It does.

Bad, but the youtuber starts the game with shaders built at 13%. Those huge stutters are shader compiles.*

Edit: Oh I see later in the video he lets shaders compile, but they keep starting over, so something is up there. Those definitely look like the game is compiling shaders on the fly and they're just not being cached. His GPU usage is bouncing all over the place when he's standing in front of a wall.

1666215195381.png

Having shaders compile at startup btw is definitely "a good thing", but the fact that it's seemingly required to wait for ~20 minutes now after every driver update or experience horrendous stutters on even powerful CPU's (based on reports I've read) is not the best implementation either. Horizon Zero Dawn's asynchronous compile in the background if you don't want to wait is ideal, older CPU's may take a hit so you have the option to leave it sitting at the title screen, but most modern CPU's can handle it occurring in the background without stuttering.

Granted going by the quality of this port I don't even want Iron Galaxy to attempt something like this regardless.

Last edited:
So the game (uncharted, not arkham knight) toped out at 7900 CC users. Right now it's at around 6500, it's over for the day. Zero interest from the pc audience it seems. It did the same numbers as Scorn

Bad, but the youtuber starts the game with shaders built at 13%. Those huge stutters are shader compiles.*

Edit: Oh I see later in the video he lets shaders compile, but they keep starting over, so something is up there. Those definitely look like the game is compiling shaders on the fly and they're just not being cached. His GPU usage is bouncing all over the place when he's standing in front of a wall.

View attachment 7302

Having shaders compile at startup btw is definitely "a good thing", but the fact that it's seemingly required to wait for ~20 minutes now after every driver update or experience horrendous stutters on even powerful CPU's (based on reports I've read) is not the best implementation either. Horizon Zero Dawn's asynchronous compile in the background if you don't want to wait is ideal, older CPU's may take a hit so you have the option to leave it sitting at the title screen, but most modern CPU's can handle it occurring in the background without stuttering. Maybe this is an UE4 thing though and this isn't feasible.

Granted going by the quality of this port I don't even want Iron Galaxy to attempt something like this regardless.
He lets shaders compile for almost 2 hours.

Too many years after the release of the game, virtually 0 marketing around this release.

Still cool to see the game running at 200 fps at 4K:
u45pep5.png
Is that native 4k? Cause if so that’s genuinely shocking

Wouldnt use ports to gauge that, in particular not this one. A 4060/Ti or equalivent would be more accurate.
A 4060 is gonna worse than a 3080 so I’m not sure what your expecting

This game has run absolutely BEAUTIFULLY for me. WOW.. just 150+ FPS at 4K at all times lol.. A couple visual glitches here and there... but damn, I'm really impressed with this. Iron Galaxy redemption arc!

I
This game has run absolutely BEAUTIFULLY for me. WOW.. just 150+ FPS at 4K at all times lol.. A couple visual glitches here and there... but damn, I'm really impressed with this. Iron Galaxy redemption arc!
It’s great you're enjoying it but you have a 4090. Also performance gets worse in later levels.

It seems they tied the mouse input to framerate. The lower the framerate, the faster the ingame mouse is for some reason. If you run a high refresh rate, 144 for example, even the max ingame setting feels too slow, you need to use the mouse software to increase the dpi. If you cap it to 60 it drastically increases its speed. If you cap it to 30 it shoots like a rocket. Really weird behaviour. Steam forums are filled with people thinking it has mouse acceleration, probably due to this, but it doesn't have it, once you dial in a proper sensitivity for the mouse it's fine.

DLSS implementation is horrible here because there is no neutral sharpening point. Camera movement introduces a lot of problems. FSR 2 is much better. Other recent games such as Spiderman and Dying Light 2 have this problem as well. DF must highlight this issue because they have the range that developers will notice. DLSS becomes a joke if it stays like this. I dont know what developers are thinking when they implement DLSS is such a poor way. They are sabotaging themselves

Last edited:
Is this really that bad of a port? It has a couple of rendering bugs but that's par for the course these days for day 1 and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Outside of that it seems the only real issue is how heavy it is but that could simply be down to how highly tuned it was for the PS4's console architecture and API's (which PS5 should be able to take advantage of for the most part) and how much money Sony wanted to spend on the port. Naughty Dog have already said this was essentially a path finder and learning experience for them in terms of porting to the PC so are they really going to throw the house at that? I'm sure if they ripped the engine down and built it from scratch for the PC it could run much better but is that really an effective use of Naughty Dogs time and money for a pathfinder project?

Personally I'm not expecting any significant performance boosts here (single digit percentage increases perhaps) but I do hope to see the rendering issues quashed quickly.

Naughty Dog have already said this was essentially a path finder and learning experience for them in terms of porting to the PC so are they really going to throw the house at that?

All the more reason to give it even more effort and time, no? It would be a bad plan to start off your future PC efforts with a bad or incomplete base.

All the more reason to give it even more effort and time, no? It would be a bad plan to start off your future PC efforts with a bad or incomplete base.

True, but it may be that they wanted to focus on some of the lower hanging fruit for the first attempt to allow for a more gentle learning curve, especially if they were given a limited budget. So the focus seems to have been on stability, compatibility (it works on a very wide range of hardware) and implementing a pretty decent range of PC features as opposed to optimising the hell out of it for the PC architecture. Hopefully now that they've got the basics in the bag we can see more effort put into PC specific optimisation in future titles (where it's likely to be needed more).

Granted, it's possible to go much further with a PS4 port as we've seen in previous attempts but I can see how circumstances could have led to the product we've got.

Back