Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been said a lot, but can I once again say how shocking this was? After seeing what we got in the first year for PS4, I wasn't too impressed.
In the entire history of video game hardware, latter games have always far exceeded the technical capabilities of earlier games. Indeed as technology progresses and gets more complicated, there is more knowledge to accrue to optimise better.

I am happy that they are pushing for 60fps@1080p given the visuals on show. I wasn't too surprised that they were going for 1080p/60fps. They hinted at it with their tech paper on PS4. To have it look this good is really ace. I enjoyed the clip on DF showing U3 @60fps.

I loved Tomb Raider on ps4 at ~60fps. I have nothing against games that run at 30fps, but if a game can go 60fps while looking really good like this game and to a lesser extent, CoD: AW, that's really appreciated.

People need to remember The Order's first trailer, it was an in-engine and real time too, and sported mind blowing and impressive visuals, just like Uncharted 4. Gameplay footage however, had a graphics that is slightly touched down.

I don't own Nexus, a Crack in Time was the last R&C game I bought. The reviews of Nexus were along the lines of "been there, done that". The first R&C clank I skipped over. Ah, the end of an era.

There is a demo of Nexus.

People need to remember The Order's first trailer, it was an in-engine and real time too, and sported mind blowing and impressive visuals, just like Uncharted 4. Gameplay footage however, had a graphics that is slightly touched down.

Yes and dont forget there have been many levels of games shown at E3 that never made it into the actual retail version (Halo2). Also other games like you mentioned The Order also watchdogs did not meet their original reveal graphically.

How was The Order downgraded? Fewer polygons on the characters due to uniform changes? The lighting has improved AFAIK. It looks more or less the same to me. Watch Dogs is a different story.

How was The Order downgraded? Fewer polygons on the characters due to uniform changes? The lighting has improved AFAIK. It looks more or less the same to me. Watch Dogs is a different story.
The game appears very slightly different, particles effects are less dense, some dynamic shadows are absent, Don't think polygon count is affected at all though.

The costumes are simply alternate dress for the characters.

The ones in the new build, they are wearing "infilitration" uniforms, simply a new design that they did not have ready before I would guess.

The older ones were the "ceremonial" ones to be used in other game levels I think.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014...ights_outfits_in_ps4_exclusive_the_order_1886

The game appears very slightly different, particles effects are less dense, some dynamic shadows are absent, Don't think polygon count is affected at all though.

Are they less dense? I think they look better and more dense than in the original but I havent seen the original for a while

I don't get why the infiltration uniform has less polys, it actually look less detailed design wise than the proper uniform so shouldn't that give you more headroom to smooth out the edges? Unless the old uniform is now also stripped down in poly count.

I think Pessino said downgrade was BS on twitter, much more has added to the newer built, nothing was taken out. Uniform is different is related to the time line of the game. I clearly looks better to me, much more post processing effects going in.

edit: look at this screen capture from the trailer

http://i3.minus.com/ibvNQX8AyuNUuG.png

looks waaaaay better to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, still no info on the story of UC4, is it? All we know its about an old pirate's treasure and seems like its the last Drake game.....and that he has been "out of the game" for some time and is older now. Does that mean Sully, who was already old, is now granpa material?

Just kidding, but has anything been revealed by ND at all? Showed the trailer to my niece and nephew, who are super fans and UC3 co-op is still their go to summer vacation game. They went all crazy after seeing the graphics :) !

To all those who say layman can't see the difference in gfx and resolutions, these two kids always are able to tell "this game is so smooth/clear/unclear/blurred etc". and they are normal 12-13 year olds. They don't know the terminologies, but they are always the first to spot such stuff. They know BF4 looks "unclear" and "rough" (Read blurred and jagged) than infamous SS and Tomb Raider, they know Resogun looks and plays extremely smooth over other psn titles,etc. They instantly commented on WD's quality over INfamous too and they game only in summer vacations, so can't really call them gamer kids.

Just kidding, but has anything been revealed by ND at all?
Nada. And based on past reveals for Uncharted 2 and 3, even when Naughty Dog do start to tease bits, it'll probably be grossly misleading plot-wise! They do it deliberately because they hate us :yep2:

For me the core plot is far less important than the gameplay itself and the diagloue. Pirates, mercenaries, it doesn't matter to me who the enemies me, I have have to [strike]catch them all[/strike] brutally murder them all in my quest for shiny things. Mass murder and laughs.

Bring it on!

Uncharted's done pirates. Also done zombies. So the next enemy ought to be ninjas going by modern trends.

Well we know it plays partly in Africa, so I expect:

- An elephant chase
- Herds of giraffes, giraffes and even more giraffes !!!!! Probably can be copy & pasted from TLoU
- Cannibals
- Chased by a hippo, the most dangerous animal out of the big five
- A trophy if you spot the big five
- A romantic safari with Elena
- Snakes and more snakes
- Lots of kittens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back