Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be pretty damn amazed if they can even get each strands of beard and hair like those in the game, this is is something I have yet to see a nextgen game to do on a character.

Its not the shader, the proportions seem wrong, eyes look too big, nose looks weird , etc. lets what he looks like finally in game.

You are speaking as if characters in video game should be perfectly proportioned and be modelled following a canon but it's not the case.

That was fast lol

Me and my PS4 are praying every day they will show/announce something at E3

I refuse to believe we won't see an actual game until 2015, given the fact that ND is the #1 dev
inside Sony, so they should have access to HW for quite some time now and UC 3 was finished
in November 2011... so they had 3 years to finish a game. Should be more than enough...

Me and my PS4 are praying every day they will show/announce something at E3

I refuse to believe we won't see an actual game until 2015, given the fact that ND is the #1 dev inside Sony, so they should have access to HW for quite some time now and UC 3 was finished in November 2011... so they had 3 years to finish a game. Should be more than enough...

I was decidedly certain we'd see Uncharted 4 later this year but they won't want Uncharted 4 and The Order, both third person shooters, to clash. Perhaps they are both on track to be completed in Q4 and if one slips that settles which gets released, the other will hold back.

Mind you, one in early November and one just in time for Christmas would be an awesome way to end 2014 for me.

she was writing it directly, she just quit probably. And no, it obviously isn't done.

From what i've been hearing, she was most likely buried under the stress of being expected to one up Neil and his eleventy billion awards by everyone at the studio. And she didn't feel that she should be expected to do that.

The writing isn't done before they start production?

Edit:

I'm actually not surprised things are changing at ND, it's hard to do what they've done year after year. The pressure and expectations must be immense. They should have let the IP rest IMO and the creative team should get sabbaticals to refresh, recharge and come back inspired. They could cycle 2 or 3 IPs and creative teams if need be.

If they are releasing this year, then it must be down to completing levels now. I am sure the writing part was done long back, prbly one year after UC2, all writing must have been over. We do know that cutscenes were being mocapped earlier this year. They are reaching completion, for sure.

But , yes, it is sad to see her go. People ARE the games, if ppl leave, so does the charisma of the game. After all, everyone could feel UC3 was not donw by the same team as UC2. I think the lead game designer had also quit after UC2 to teach in some college. THts two down from the creative front on UC.

Not to sound rude, but the writing in U3 was pretty bad anyway. Certainly a far cry from the writing quality ND's other team pulled off in The Last of Us.

Lazy fingers, could get this on google, but who wrote each UC game and TLOU?

TLOU was definitely done by Neil Druckmann. She was credited for UC1 to 3.

I can imagine that Druckmann got involved in UC4. Not a bad thing though, TLOU was far more impressive on the emotional level. The UC series are more like a rollercoaster action movie, from one sequence to the next.

Not to sound rude, but the writing in U3 was pretty bad anyway. Certainly a far cry from the writing quality ND's other team pulled off in The Last of Us.

Agreed but the other franchises she's been involved in have been tremendously high quality.

I guess lows are inevitable in any creative job. Personally I found the writing less objectionable that the way control was wrenched from the player for a few seconds then returned.

Not good news for ND on the whole. But I assume she is a Sony employee and if it's just 'creative differences' then she may find a home in another Sony studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back