Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiplayer definitely gave you a reason to use it more, but multiplayer was junk. In the campaign, just being an accurate shooter and moving to avoid grenades was all you needed to do. The hard setting was only really difficult because of how easily you could be killed. Forced you to play efficiently.

Well doing the minimum required is for lazy people. I play a game to have fun, so I try to play it the fun way ;)

Preview NDA drops tomorrow, but pics are already out :)
JtAG3C1.jpg

More [pics are not spoilery]:
SXdqWtE.jpg

oPc1Uuy.jpg

BhXgf8P.jpg

YibVSyd.jpg

BV2CJsi.jpg

fQuvyYB.jpg

GnlxdKo.jpg

Wow very pretty indeed. Need 1080p shots and video tho. I think the lighting on characters improved too compared to the E3 showing.

Love the look of that environment, the guys who broke the embargo also report very solid framerate (which is to be expected) :yep2:

Again, loving the shadows in the distance (foliage, trees)
fQuvyYB.jpg

Google translate from a part of the cached preview: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n_ps4/19184/uncharted-4-fine-di-un-ladro.aspx
A wild world Uncharted 4: End of a Thief is beautiful. It would be useless to quibble the technical sector in detail - for that there is the review - but the visual impact that the reserve players is an alienating beauty. Naughty Dog has worked hard on the hardware of PlayStation 4 and the result amply repays their efforts: the red sand of the desert of Madagascar surrounds Nathan's clothes, her face, her skin; while the mud shines under the glare of a sun at its zenith. The immense landscapes stand out on the retina of the player, featuring a broad and rich in minute details; details that only a few software companies in the world are able to carve and donate to their productions. The sound effects are also at the highest level and contribute to the creation of an audiovisual cosmetics unprecedented in the console market: all diegetic elements of scene seem real , tangible, able to pierce the screen with an incredible verisimilitude. The frame-rate has remained stable at 30 frames per second, without uncertainty or slowdown even in the phases of the "removal" of an environment and one or shootings more excited. The end result seemed to us then an impressive solidity , able to perfectly balance uncompromising performance with a visual impact of great value.

Last edited:
18 mins of gameplay through google cache again

God damn this looks incredible

Edit: http://webca che.googleuserco ntent.com/sear ch?q=cach e:https://ww w.youtube.com/wa tch?v=TXAVHD hbfg4

Remove the spaces

Edit #2: IQ looks immaculate, best looking Ps4 game by far and incredibly open environments too :D

Last edited:
can't wait - watched a small bit looks amazing, going to avoid all things U4 until release I think...want as many surprises as possible...it'll be hard but worth it!

HOLY SHIT. I echo the best looking PS4 game by a safari mile! How did they cramp in so much details for such a huge level with multiple routes? Looks like 30 painting frames per second to me:).

Lots of temporal tricks being used here, you can see ghosting in some places (2:34 for example in that video) but it's very hard to spot most of the time. Great software engineering at display here, so many small details. Gameplay looks ace aswell!

From gaf 1080p60 footage: https://mega.nz/#!4Y50DZjB!Q5AsmsCzR3-XM_9F7flhTn2CTZEWaicEcY1od9XNQ4s

Source is youtube, but gamersyde are uploading their playthrough later today.

Quite nice lingery smoke there. What would be quite cool, maybe not in UC, is the atmosphere getting fogged up with ongoing conflict. Of course, realism like that would make the burning building events impossible to navigate unlike the clean, crips air of the Hollywood combustibles!

Wow, all this talk about some games trying to have indirect lighting, which breaks apart the second you move your character..
U4 is so refreshing in that regard.

Wow, all this talk about some games trying to have indirect lighting, which breaks apart the second you move your character..
U4 is so refreshing in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back