Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say MP just doesn't grab me at all, I prefer a death match with plenty of weapons to choose from or easy access to relatively early in the start, not by gaining points or switching classes. I'm old school with UT and Doom.
Despite MP graphics looking relatively decent, one can easily notice how big of a drop in fidelity it is compared to the SP. I remember the time when KZ3 MP looked almost as good as its SP.

You get tons of weapons from the start. The MP to hook me after Destiny. SImple yet very interesting , loving it :). specially juggling myticals with teammates. We are ruling the matches !

The map design in these 3 maps is excellent, i'm having tons of fun in the new map. One great detail that's easy to miss while playing is the great use of muzzle flash lighting

u4iep3v.jpg

Again subtle SSS and lighting doesn't bleed on top of the hat. In motion(slowed down to 25%): http://gfycat.com/ShorttermFrighteningCaterpillar

Last edited:
I love the animation when you get blast from an explosion against a wall or a surface. That's amazingly done.
My favorite map is the Island and the city. I don't really like the Rooftops lol,
I also see a lots of people rushing with the Muzzler or that kinda overpowered rifle.
I use the FAL since U2 and can't play with another gun.
My only complain is not implementing the stealth kills from behind like in U2/U3.
Also the kill from above punch with grappling when trying to land on someone doesn't always work. It did on the private beta but now you can miss...
I hope they will re evaluate the melee...You can empty ammos on someone rushing you from behind and charging his grappling then when you try to punch him he gets the upper hand.
Like TLOU you really need a team in a party to communicate and stick together....When you play on your own or 2 people go on their own way the killcount just goes on because you can't revive them.
But well love that beta so far, find it beter than U3 but I never was a fan of too much customisation with weapons...;U2 and TLOU had few weapons but pretty balanced until the " Pay to win " weapons came in and kinda ruined the game..
I also wish there were more destructible environments, like maybe bridges falling or towers in the rooftop. City has the destructible cars. And Island some rocks that can fall on ennemies. But would ' ve lvoed some more like the train falling in the snowing map of U2.
Can't wait for the game !

Last edited:
The map design in these 3 maps is excellent, i'm having tons of fun in the new map. One great detail that's easy to miss while playing is the great use of muzzle flash lighting

u4iep3v.jpg

Again subtle SSS and lighting doesn't bleed on top of the hat. In motion(slowed down to 25%): http://gfycat.com/ShorttermFrighteningCaterpillar
Also if you shoot through plants they realistically react to the bullets

Also if you shoot through plants they realistically react to the bullets

Yeah, some plants do. They are very selective about physics in the multiplayer but they are there and the beta has some pretty decent destruction as well :yep2:

The full cast of characters available in the beta (Marlowe looks weird, and i can't place exactly what is is)
u4charactersztqke.jpg

Closeups: http://abload.de/img/u4characterscloseups1op78.jpg

Last edited:
Some more details from the trailer I've not seen discussed, as requested, no gifs and image links to reduce load on the page.

Pretty clear that SSS is being used in the hair of the characters (could be very similar to the vegetation shader)
Nate under shadow
Nate under light

Two things to note in that scene, indirect lighting on Nate and his brother, as well as the wall, light bouncing originating from the light torch pointing downwards and the rock bouncing off the light towards Nate, Sam and the rock wall. And snow being rendered as 3D geometry on top of Nate/Sam jackets.

Another example of indirect lighting(the sss use on the hair of the characters can also be noticed here):
Scene without main source of lighting
Scene with main source of lighting

Hair shader examples from PSX 2015: Sully/Nate

And on the topic of reflections, this example shows signs of SSR, although much, much cleaner than any other example I've seen(notice how the hand movement doesn't affect the reflection at all), to the point where it's not noticeable in motion: http://gfycat.com/NaturalPeriodicAmurratsnake

tl;dr Cool stuff happening, NDs attention to detail is most probably self harming for the employees at this point.

Last edited:
I must say that this is my favorite multiplayer experience in ages
I was hooked

It is a great example of game design. Everything feels well thought and the various loadouts I experimented with are well balanced and add a great level of strategy. Each loadout transforms the player's approach. Such a nice variety of weapons, skills and assists

I was hooked

It is a great example of game design. Everything feels well thought and the various loadouts I experimented with are well balanced and add a great level of strategy. Each loadout transforms the player's approach. Such a nice variety of weapons, skills and assists
Same here !

I was hooked

I agree, I have really liked both the gameplay and gunplay. I think people are going to like it very much.

What exactly is "gameplay" and "gunplay" and how do they differ?
For me gameplay is about map design, loadouts and balance between "class" or how the spiderman thing is fun to use. While gunplay would be purely how the guns aim and react; how does it feels to shot with the guns, are they responsive, is it fun to shoot the enemies etc.

But obviously one could say gunplay is a sub-category of gameplay, which it is. I just wanted to highlight that while the gameplay is overall well done, the gunplay is particularly well done, at least during my short time with the Beta. For instance the gameplay (without the gunplay) of the Division was OK but the gunplay was really mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back