Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because people considered normal sky is blue colored (yes, some places consider it as green, but generally sky is regarded as blue colored).

So the question 'is the sky blue', the answer is Yes. Related to the previous question about day one patch, yes there will be day one patch.

Yes it is a bad morning, and I just want to blabber something lol

They just showed a commercial during the NBA Cavs-Warriors game on Christmas day.

Slow motion of a floor crumbling and people falling all over the place in slow motion.

Looked pre rendered, smoother and more refined than any likely in-game engine.

They just showed a commercial during the NBA Cavs-Warriors game on Christmas day.

Slow motion of a floor crumbling and people falling all over the place in slow motion.

Looked pre rendered, smoother and more refined than any likely in-game engine.

Just read a couple posts back. It´s a cgi trailer done by Digic Pictures -Laa Yosh´s studio- to be played before Star Wars on theaters.

Another comparison gif (again gamersyde high bit-rate vs youtube low bit-rate, i'll keep making these till they start sending gamersyde less compressed footage)

uncharted-4--a-thiefsbps4x.gif

The plastic flashlight is the biggest difference (plastic and metal look almost the same in the PSX 2014 demo), AO is added, better material shading, green light bleed across the scene(same as in the beta perhaps).

GDC talk: http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/technical-art-culture-of-uncharted-4
Technical Art of Uncharted 4 is a hearty reflection on the lessons learned during creation of technology that powers the current gen Art Pipeline of Naughty Dog.

Come and learn how we created our interactive foliage animation technology, cloth, hair and fur simulation, custom automated level of detail technology that allowed us to seamlessly render levels the size of our E3 demo, runtime softbody vehicle deformation, automated runtime object population solutions, tool analytics and more. All written almost exclusively within the Art Department.

But even more importantly, hear our take on what makes effective technical art, the struggles we had with adoption, why self-induced ignorance can be a creative force, why your are only as good as the best work you will ever throw away, how lack of cross departmental barriers allows you to throw more people at problems without actually having to have more people, how cross-technological communication is the next best thing after interpersonal, why nothing beats the importance of trivial tech work and how core artistic principles directly apply to creating technology.

Heh, sounds like they're in the same boat now :p
Super interested to find out what methods they were able to come up with...

I would be surprised if they kill the character but I do expect an ending that would make it illogical for him to return. Perhaps the ending or a cutscene takes place in 10-20 years and makes it clear that U4 was his last adventure. They don't have to kill or maim him to preclude him being a main character in the future. But then there is also scope for a prequel - not quite U3 prequel.

Screw time!

I would be surprised if they kill the character but I do expect an ending that would make it illogical for him to return.

He gets married has a child and gets a job in telesales?

If they want to be realistic, just have him fathering a child (maybe twins for increased drama and sleepless nights) and he'll never again have adventures on his own. Ever.
No, but his son could : The new Uncharted: Nathan Jr. Drake fights Lazarevic Jr. (exclusively on PS5).

To be honest, Drake rarely explores tombs. He's more of a ruins guy. And he's supposed to be a thief, so he raids.

Lara Drake: Ruin Raider

An Uncharted Game with a female lead would be a terrible idea. After having the taste of playing the game with real-time chest hair physics, nobotd will be able to live without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back