Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/23/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-arrives-on-april-26-2016/
This is our largest Uncharted game to date, and the team has been working incredibly hard to meet the challenge of closing out the game’s development in a timely manner. However, as we approached our final deadlines and started wrapping up the game’s levels, we realized that several key sequences needed extra resources to bring them to the finish line. After carefully considering all of our options, we decided to extend our schedule, making sure that we get a few more polish passes before submitting our gold master (the final disc for manufacturing).

One Month+ delay. Get your shit together ND. At least it seems like it will be the longest campaign in the Uncharted series from what they're saying, so that's a good thing.

I think a poster at gaf summed it up quite nicely
More polish is never a bad thing.

Neither is more time for Dark Souls 3.

I was wondering how i could fit both between doing other stuff, no worries now i guess :smile:

Colin Moriarty, formerly of IGN, has been calling this for about six months. I'm also not surprised other than but how short the bump is. I thought we'd be looking at a summer release.

Colin Moriarty, formerly of IGN, has been calling this for about six months. I'm also not surprised other than but how short the bump is. I thought we'd be looking at a summer release.

Probably just polishing things up. If they had any major problem with it they would delay for more than 5 weeks. I think it's fine, even though we are so used getting unfinished games at release and waiting for patches i don't think ND wanted to release something in that state.

Last edited:
So they needed one extra month to add extra stuff making use of the 7th core ?

An extra month is ok, saves me probably from a heavy day-1 patch.

If you actually have a life and a job, one month means absolutely nothing.

One month is nothing for people waiting to play the game, it can be everything when it comes to bugs and polishing though. More importantly how many times have we said "x game needed a few more months of development" the last year alone. Someone needs to break that trend and give developers more time to finish their game. Not too much though :p

Last edited:
As per my thread asking about whether any AAA devs are dependable and trustworthy, it'd behove Sony to focus on QA for first party titles IMO. Making sure UC4 launches in a first-class state is important for generating ongoing consumer trust. Best outcome, people are more willing to preorder new titles when they know they'll launch in a fit state to play.

January 2016: Amplitude, The Witness, the Deadly Tower of Monsters, Dragon quest Builder (import ), Mighty n9, Resident Evil Zero Remaster, Resident Evil Origins Collection, LEGO Marvel's avenger, Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO, The war of Mine: the little ones, Gone Home, The Banner Saga

February 2016: Digimon Story: Cyber sleuth, Gravity Rush Remastered, Naruto shippunden ultimate ninja storm 4, Street Fighter 5, Unravel, Alan X the warriors of legend, Far Cry Primal, Plant vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Agatha Christie: The AC Murders, Firewatch

March 2016: Day of The Tentacle Remastered, Heavy rain and beyond: two soul's collection, the witch and the hundred Knight revival, Tom Clancy the division, Hitman, Samurai warriors 4 empires, Track mania Turbo, MLB 16: The show

April 2016: Nights of Azure, Dirt Rally, Dark Soul's 3, Ratchet and Clank, One Piece: Burning blood, Uncharted 4: A thief's end

May 2016: Power drive 2000, Battleborn, Mirror Edge Catalyst

June 2016: Ark: Survival Evolved, No Man's sky, PSVR (?), Valentino Rossi the game, For Honor

August 2016: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

October 2016: Yooka Laylee

November 2016: Rise of the Tomb Raider

It is a list if all PS4 games with a date in 2016. January, February, March and April 2016 are full of games. I don't think the delay of UC4 is a big problem...

Edit: I only talk about DQ builder but other games are planned on japanese side. And I forget some indies or AA games like some of AC games...

Last edited:
Campaign side content probably [TLOU-like crafting, weapon upgrades or enhancing Drake's abilities], or simply the ability to finish level in different ways [PSX 2014 demo showcased a lot of verticality and ability to enter stealth if enemies loose track of you].

I have no doubt that campaign will also be fairly long.

Hopefully the delays and the late changes did not shows the seams as bad as destiny.

If you actually have a life and a job, one month means absolutely nothing.
Flaunting job and this so called 'life' eh. Those are overrated. Life? Job? Who needs them when you are busy adventuring into uncharted.

I'm deeply saddened :(, thought I would be playing it during my annual leave. But guess Far Cry Primal, Dark Souls 3 and Naruto Ninja Storm 4 are gonna have to make do. ND better make it nothing short of a masterpiece with tons of set pieces, fleshed out arcs, characters and ungodly graphics in the end. They should release a single player demo too if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back