UK Premium 360 at Makro now 199 GBP (buy now!)

22psi

Veteran
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22896

Microsoft distances itself from promotion while rival stores slam heavy discounting

Retail chain Makro has slashed GBP 80 off the price of the Xbox 360 Premium console - reducing it to same price as the cheaper Core unit.

Makro is currently selling the Premium package, which normally retails for GBP 279.99, for GBP 199.99, with the retailer telling GamesIndustry.biz it has plenty of units in stock.

"It's something we're doing to bring customers into the stores, it's not an official price cut from Microsoft," confirmed Joanne Armstrong, spokesperson for the buying team at Makro UK.

When asked whether the company only had a few units to sell at the drastically reduced price, Armstrong revealed, "we have plenty of machines in stock and we'll be running this promotion for two weeks."

The retailer is also selling a bundle containing Project Gotham Racing 3, Arcade Unplugged and an official wireless controller for GBP 34.99, as well as chart games at GBP 36.99.

With the Premium Xbox 360 now reduced to the price of the Core unit, rumours of an impending official price cut have been reignited - but Microsoft has distanced itself from Makro's promotions

"Xbox does not control the retail price of the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system - prices are set by retailers," said Microsoft.

"The promotion that Makro is running is not endorsed or administered by Microsoft."

Great time to jump in at a great price. :p

Both I would think. Ditch all the outmoded stock in time for the new arrival and try to temp the pre-order people into buying said stock.

Does this price include VAT because Makro typically don't include VAT on their advertised prices, as you have to have a VAT registered company (or be a family member of someone who does) to shop in there stores.

how long does this offer last???

also, i know GBP is a pound, what does it stand for? Great Britain Pound is it???

how long does this offer last???

also, i know GBP is a pound, what does it stand for? Great Britain Pound is it???

Yep. GBP == Great British Pound. From the article it will last for 2 weeks.

I wonder if other retailers will follow to have similar specials?

the lowest price for 360 premium b4 i saw this article was 250 lol

edit: i sold my 360 on sunday. should i jump back with this one if i could?

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost sold my 360 today, two controllers, wi-fi, stack of games. But the guy in the shop wouldn't give me a decent price, apparently he's had about thirty in this week, some for cash and some as part payments for other consoles. I thought there was no point hanging on to it if there is another model around the corner but this time I might wait until after my PS3's arrived and I have more of a hands on with that.

Back