New 360 US and UK Bundles

expletive

Veteran
The US (i think) bundle:

http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/4349/GRAW Xbox 360 bundle arriving this September

Starting September 30th, for the regular $399.99 price tag, premium packages will include the premium setup, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, and a Xbox Live Gold trial membership, giving one month of access to the service: this includes Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged and the following titles:

- Geometry Wars Evolved
- Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
- Wik: Fable of Souls
- Hardwood Backgammon
- Outpost Kaloki X
- Texas Hold’em

The UK bundle:

This ‘Premium Console Bundle’ hits stores this very Friday and includes all of the following:
• A 360 console, complete with headset communicator and 20GB hard drive.
• A copy of Project Gotham Racing 3.
• Not one, but two wireless controllers.
• A Component HD AV cable with SCART adaptor

And all of that comes in for a penny under £300, which is stonking value which ever way you choose to look at it.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/82/news/killer-360-bundle-sticks-the-boot-in-ba1282.html

Now they just have to do something with the Core. Add a wireless controller instead of wired, and drop the price on the 20gb HDD to $60 and they would be setup for a great Xmas in north america.

Now they just have to do something with the Core. Add a wireless controller instead of wired, and drop the price on the 20gb HDD to $60 and they would be setup for a great Xmas in north america.

Amen, that wired controller is an albatross and a clear downgrade from their competition. Maybe they'll drop the 64MB MU to something like $14.99 when the 256MB comes out?

Amen, that wired controller is an albatross and a clear downgrade from their competition. Maybe they'll drop the 64MB MU to something like $14.99 when the 256MB comes out?

Its possible, the Vision Camera is the best priced accessory, to me. $40 for the camera, with a month of live, a headset, and a Live Arcade game (Uno).

The hardware bundle with GRAW is, pretty...damn...good, maybe it will get some more people to play both Outpost Kaloki X and Wik.

I've got a better idea.

Drop the core entirely, ship purchase vouchers for $100 for everyone who has bought a core so far, and from now on stick with the $400 premium as the only SKU.

Of course no one at MS ever listens to me.

The core would make more sense if it had at least the cordless controllers. That would make it more attractive, and maybe provide better competition for the Wii.

Instead of a price cut for the core, it would be better to replace the corded controller with cordless, bundle a memory card, and maybe add a few live-arcade games.

I've got both the wired and wireless 360 controllers. I use the wired one almost exclusively. Its lighter, and I don't have to mess with charging it.

Is that the best the richest company in the world can do:LOL:
Well, see, they're still trying to come up with a way to MAKE money on it, rather than toss more Windows and Office proceeds down the sinkhole. They could abandon the Core units and make all 360's cost $199 if they really WANTED to... :p

Well, see, they're still trying to come up with a way to MAKE money on it, rather than toss more Windows and Office proceeds down the sinkhole. They could abandon the Core units and make all 360's cost $199 if they really WANTED to... :p

:rolleyes: How if the core cost 300.

I'd say keep the wired controller and add the MU.

And the arcade games. ;)

Is that the best the richest company in the world can do:LOL:

What makes you think that the richest company in the world should give us stuff for free?? It wouldn't be the richest company in the world if they were giving free things away now, would it!

We're not entitled to free stuff just because they're the richest company out there.

Get over it, the X360 has an amazing price whatever way you look at it. I don't have one and i still acknowledge that.

Goddamnit, why does the US always get the better bundles? If they released the US bundle here (Europe that is), I'd be absolutely tempted to pick up an X360. :???:

Goddamnit, why does the US always get the better bundles? If they released the US bundle here (Europe that is), I'd be absolutely tempted to pick up an X360. :???:

I like the UK bundle more, because the extra controller is worth more to me than the Live Arcade games, but the US bundle is very good too.

Good move. I really like the free Xbox Live Gold trial. I was expecting a trial with my X360 but didn't get one. Others in a chat room told me it came with a free trial. A little disappointed i didn't get it but oh well. I'm sure those that do start getting their trials soon will be hooked at the awesomeness that is Live gaming(if you can get past the occasional rudeness and kiddies ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes: How if the core cost 300.
You... um... not only didn't read my comment, but you didn't even follow your own presented train of thought.

What is it being "the richest company in the world" is SUPPOSED to do in this case? If I interpret you correctly, your assumption is "dumping."

Admittedly, I think they should extend the "Pro" package to include a year of Live Gold and an XBLA game or two--or that "month of playing the full version"--as it's an extended service, and the way to REALLY get someone to continue paying for it is to get them fully invested, which a month is much less likely to do.

Game-bundling attracts more immediate attention from a gamer, but I think that would have the most future payoff for them, so should be rolled in automatically. (Heck, maybe give the Core users six months of Gold, while you're at it.)

Gotta give them SOME time to build up a Gamerscore, eh? ;)

Back