UK Hardware Sales

Because they're snobbish pricks, or does it stem from the embarrasment of having english speaking countries save their sorry asses in both world wars? Or is it a combination of both?

Mr. Angry Pants said:
Because they're snobbish pricks, or does it stem from the embarrasment of having english speaking countries save their sorry asses in both world wars? Or is it a combination of both?

I don't know if that's supposed to be funny, but if so, don't read on:

I hate it when people who neither know sg about history nor about countries itself jump to general conclusions. So why the hell don't you shut up before making you more ridiculous. :devilish:

PC-Engine said:
Magnum PI said:
Legion said:
The whole vacation bit...

???

The French don't like it when people in their country speak English.

i'm french and i'm living in france and i'm very surprised you could say such a thing.. i frequently see ppl speaking english, for example in the subway, and it don't seem to annoy other people. because of the colionalist past of france we are used to have immigration from a lot of parts of the world and we are used to hear people speaking foreign language: arab, vietnamese, swaïli, mokutuba, ingala etc..

and the english-speaking music is very popular. even some people prefer seeing american or uk movies subtitled rather than dubbed (i'm one of these).

i have to say i read a lot of prejudices on european, french etc..

it seems to be an american speciality :)

Dunno, I kinda enjoy driving all over Europe, basically never having to worry about all that currency exchange crap anamore

Nah, not knowing what the hell your spending because of a currency you don't really understand is part of a good holiday :)

Seriously I'd prefer to only have a foreign currency when I'm on holiday (at most a few weeks a year) rather then all year round.

I've gotten used to pounds to the point were I know what a good deal is in this country. To the point were I know almost instantly when I leave home in the morning to go to work/college that I have enough money for the day by just having a glance at the change in my pocket. I'm comfortable with my currency and it would take many years to get that comfortable with a whole new currency, sorry, not interested, you can keep the Euro.

Well Teasy, its not as if I or other europeans now paying their bills in Euros didn't grow used to their own currencies. Gotta agree about the vacation bit, its excitig having to guess wether you're getting a good deal or ripped off... ;)

Some places I've been (like Italy or parts of Austria, lots of other places too I'd guess) you'll still see prices displayed in the original curreny (on purpose), even though you can only pay in Euro, so much for nostalgia. But after 9 months of getting used to it, I see hardly any difference to the good old Deutschmark anymore, I got used to the new prices, am comfortable with the new paper money and coins etc.. Its not all that big of a deal IMHO, its not as if our previous currency was really "better" in any way except for the fact that you were "used" to it. Its still just money, not like a vital organ I've grown quite fond of and wouldn't want to loose. :)

hupfinsgack said:
Mr. Angry Pants said:

I don't know if that's supposed to be funny, but if so, don't read on:

I hate it when people who neither know sg about history nor about countries itself jump to general conclusions. So why the hell don't you shut up before making you more ridiculous. :devilish:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well that was unexpected. Yes, my post was only half-serious. I'd ask you to explain how I know sg about history, but then we'd be going off topic.

Back