UK Hardware Sales

Vince, that doesn't really make any sense, but well done for still making more sense then Johnny's last comment :)

I was just pointing out the possible absurdity. :)

After all Teasy seems to defend and trash games he's never played. Is it all that improbably that he doesn't even own a Cube? That would be pretty twisted though. :(

not sure wether this is true or not, but i belive it anyway since this person has revealed lots of info even before official announcements (SC Ghost for example)

he said Xbox now is around 50k less than GC in Europe (he's german i believe and his info mainly comes from retailers there)

-aneep-

SSBM:DX hit 1 million within the month it was released, and there were a lot less GCs back then.

Using the same sales charts you are using for SMS, no it didn't. To date SSBM, using Degenki numbers, has only hit 1.15Million despite remaining on the best seller charts for several months.

marconelly! said:
Actually, they cost exactly the same - €249.

Really? I thought they were cheaper, at least in UK?

We were talking about Europe, no? ;-) j/k

Anyway, no clue about the Brits. They are weirdos and pay in some strange currency, so dunno.

Using the same sales charts you are using for SMS, no it didn't. To date SSBM, using Degenki numbers, has only hit 1.15Million despite remaining on the best seller charts for several months.

Unfortunately I can't find archived sales info from Degenki, but I do remember it selling 600,000 or so launch week, and hitting 1 million very quickly after that. Granted, it was a while ago.

Feel free to point me to hard numbers.

zurich

Ok, did some more research.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/100/100174p1.html

Looks like SSB:DX launched with ~350k out the door during the second week of November. If it ended up with 838k sold by the end of 2001, even while taking the Holiday season into effect, it still looks to me that SMS is underperforming.

After 6 weeks during the holiday season, SSB:DX sold 838k units on a GC installed base of ~1 million.

After 10 weeks during the summer, SMS sold 600k units on a GC installed base of ~1.6million.

I'm no good at math, so maybe someone else can compare the speed of their growth rates, but SSB:DX definitely outshines :) SMS. Holiday season is definitely a factor, but so should SMS's greater installed base.

zurich

After all Teasy seems to defend and trash games he's never played. Is it all that improbably that he doesn't even own a Cube? That would be pretty twisted though

To be fair, when you trash a game, it doesn't seem like you even played it too(or that long).

After all Teasy seems to defend and trash games he's never played.

As do you, as does everyone, there is such a thing as reviews and word of mouth you know. But as I said I HAVE played SFA.

Is it all that improbably that he doesn't even own a Cube?

Again nonsensical, yes it would be improbable considering I've had one since release with ISS2 and Rogue Leader, and today I got SMS and Wave Race. Your comment is just really strange, its like me saying "Johnny always defends the XBox, I wonder if he even owns one".. yeah that makes a hell of allot of sense doesn't it?

Anyway, no clue about the Brits. They are weirdos and pay in some strange currency, so dunno.

Nah, we just don't care about American's or MS's monopolising enough to let it guide our buying decisions, and our money has been established for many many years. Its you lot that pay in some new and wierd currency and frankly I hope we never join you because I do not want to feel like I'm constantly on holiday in a foriegn country while I'm at home :)

Dunno, I kinda enjoy driving all over Europe, basically never having to worry about all that currency exchange crap anamore (well there IS Switzerland) and going "Oh damn, I still got 32,34 of this currency! Changing this small amount isn't worth it so I'd better buy some shit I don't really need", then again, living on an island some brits probably don't cross borders all that often... ;)

Back