UBI talks Far Cry 2 engine

I find it a source of fascination how PC gamers are always trying to defend Crysis at any hint of criticism.

There's a differnece between defending a game from a "hint" of critism and condemning a review that awards 60% to a game that most accounts make out to be incredible. And all based on an explanation of "its stupid".

New video, Dev Diary Part 2. These are my favourite videos of the "game", to be honest, because I find them very exciting (trying new places....). Far Cry developers went on a journey to Africa to take pictures and obtain sound samples, this is the part 2 of their trip:

[gt]40329[/gt]

There's a differnece between defending a game from a "hint" of critism and condemning a review that awards 60% to a game that most accounts make out to be incredible. And all based on an explanation of "its stupid".
pbjliverpool, please accept it. It's just a review. Gamespy's review isn't too kind with the game also so I wouldn't recommend you to read it, but most reviews gave it decent scores. What you need is a good cup of line-blossom tea in these cases.

pbjliverpool, please accept it. It's just a review. Gamespy's review isn't too kind with the game also so I wouldn't recommend you to read it, but most reviews gave it decent scores. What you need is a good cup of line-blossom tea in these cases.

An rating justification of "its stupid" has no place in a review.

IGN gave the game 94%. Gamespot 90%. Most people here are raving about it.

60% is a joke and doesn't deserve the time of day.

Read the actual review (not the conclusion snippet) and take your beef to the right thread.

eurogamer said:
"the game's much-vaunted visuals and, in this regard, the tested Xbox 360 version satisfies rather than amazes. Far Cry 2, the console version, certainly matches its closest system rivals - but it rarely surpasses them, save perhaps in the small details. "

Thats a shame..

Far Cry 2, the console version, certainly matches its closest system rivals

well it does imply that it look as as good as any shooter on consoles so I'd say that's enough to get excited about

^ hmm... thats a horribly compressed video, even for a GT video. theres weird colored compression blocks all over.

at least we can see its running well.

Strange extreme specular(?) glow on the tree and some objects in the beginning? Otherwise definitively the best looking console game shown so far, looks nice. Though that AI needs help, horrible.

Most impressive!

Did he say what specs he had becouse thats really good for realtime running. :D

Back